Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a new oled switch trying to see if I can install cfw? When I type in the serial number on https://damota.me/ssnc/checker/ I get warning it could or could not work. Is it worth to buy something like this to try and load payloads? If not what are my other options? My serial number is: <redacted>

Thanks!
Merry Christmas!

As it turns out RCM is only for early (2017-ish) Switches.

All the newer Switches require a mod chip to be soldered inside in order to hack them. You can Google HWFLY OLED for more details. You’ll find them on AliExpress for around $70 these days.

Bunklung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I totally misunderstood.

Yeah, it’s pretty unusual to have Hekate not even start. Upgrading to 6.0.1 will likely fix it.

If not, you might want to check your SDCard for issues using...
Okay, this gets more strange:

Things that work:
When I start OFW, do nothing, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.
When I start OFW, open Nintendo Switch Online, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.
When I start OFW, open Minecraft to title, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.
When I start OFW, open Minecraft load level, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.
When I start OFW, open eShop, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.

Things that do NOT work:
When I start OFW, open Fortnite get into game lobby, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it does NOT load

The work around is after I launch Hekate and the splash fades out to nothing, I then "power up+power" and jump to RCM. On the second injection, it loads Hekate with no issues.

I upgraded to "hekate v6.0.1 & Nyx v1.5.1" and it's the same issue. So this is not related to patches.ini after all, but clearly something is happening to the bootloader/sdcard. Is there a way to see a log of Hekate when it fails?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this gets more strange:

Things that work:
When I start OFW, do nothing, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.
When I start OFW, open Nintendo Switch Online, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.
When I start OFW, open Minecraft to title, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.
When I start OFW, open Minecraft load level, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.
When I start OFW, open eShop, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it loads no problem.

Things that do NOT work:
When I start OFW, open Fortnite get into game lobby, power off, and jump to RCM->Hekate, it does NOT load

The work around is after I launch Hekate and the splash fades out to nothing, I then "power up+power" and jump to RCM. On the second injection, it loads Hekate with no issues.

I upgraded to "hekate v6.0.1 & Nyx v1.5.1" and it's the same issue. So this is not related to patches.ini after all, but clearly something is happening to the bootloader/sdcard. Is there a way to see a log of Hekate when it fails?

Nyx has a logging option. Go to Nyx setting in the lower left corner. Be sure to save changes.

Also might want to try a maintenance mode + reboot. You don’t want to change anything…just do steps 1 and 2 and then reboot. It’s been known to fix weird things on the Switch.

Bunklung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nyx has a logging option. Go to Nyx setting in the lower left corner. Be sure to save changes.

Also might want to try a ..... + reboot. You don’t want to change anything…just do steps 1 and 2 and then reboot. It’s been known to fix weird things on the Switch.
I read somewhere that the logging is for HOS only. Does that seem to make sense?

I did boot direct to fusee.bin/Atmosphere (emuMMC) and I had no issues skipping Hekate. So it seems like an odd/old issue with Hekate. I read an old thread with the same fade out Hekate issues and some people said it's just kinda how it works sometimes. A few people saying you needed to make certain you were no plugged into a USB hub, which I am not.

Thanks for your help. I think I will deal with the workarounds for now. Happy Holidays and Happy New year.

Reactions: binkinator

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am looking for some help/advice with my friends switch. Previously had it hacked on SX OS, made the conversion to Atmosphere a couple months ago and everything was working. My friend went to use his Switch one day and Atmosphere would not boot and was giving some quick error message/screen when trying to boot emummc which I did not see.

I tried to update his Atmosphere folder, delete the contents folder, update sigpatches etc etc and nothing is working. All I am getting is after I select emuMMC, it shows me the Atmosphere screen/logo for a second and then everything goes black.

I believe his old Microsd was on its way out and may have corrupt the emummc. I tried a new microSD card and copied everything over and tried Atmosphere from scratch etc but the same issue happens.

Does anyone have any advice on how to recover this before I try to blow away the entire microsd card and rebuild everything from scratch? I am trying to save his existing emummc and saves etc however since the issue is carrying over to a new SD, I am afraid the emummc may be messed up since this issue keeps happening.

If anyone has ay suggestions or advice it would be greatly apreciated.

dariosq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got my Switch recently and I tried to install a custom theme, but it showed up the 2162-0002 error. I managed to solve the problem, but I wanna know how do I install the custom themes properly

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am looking for some help/advice with my friends switch. Previously had it hacked on SX OS, made the conversion to Atmosphere a couple months ago and everything was working. My friend went to use his Switch one day and Atmosphere would not boot and was giving some quick error message/screen when trying to boot emummc which I did not see.

I tried to update his Atmosphere folder, delete the contents folder, update sigpatches etc etc and nothing is working. All I am getting is after I select emuMMC, it shows me the Atmosphere screen/logo for a second and then everything goes black.

I believe his old Microsd was on its way out and may have corrupt the emummc. I tried a new microSD card and copied everything over and tried Atmosphere from scratch etc but the same issue happens.

Does anyone have any advice on how to recover this before I try to blow away the entire microsd card and rebuild everything from scratch? I am trying to save his existing emummc and saves etc however since the issue is carrying over to a new SD, I am afraid the emummc may be messed up since this issue keeps happening.

If anyone has ay suggestions or advice it would be greatly apreciated.

Please post the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

You can check the SDCard with h2testw.
Post automatically merged:

Got my Switch recently and I tried to install a custom theme, but it showed up the 2162-0002 error. I managed to solve the problem, but I wanna know how do I install the custom themes properly

NXThemesInstaller and Themezer are the goto apps for themes.

You would kick these off using Home Brew Menu app using title override or by clicking album but first we need to install them. I use the hbappstore.

here’s the HB AppStore app. https://github.com/fortheusers/hb-appstore

A short guide on how to get started with Themezer:

1. Download the NXThemesInstaller and (optionally) the Themezer homebrew app from the HB Appstore or manually copy them to your SDCard's /switch folder.
  2. Launch the NXThemes Installer Homebrew app at least once and follow the steps.
  3. You're now ready to browse themes directly on your Switch using the Themezer-NX homebrew app or by downloading nxthemes and copying them to the themes folder on your MicroSD!

Reactions: dariosq and impeeza

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please post the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

You can check the SDCard with h2testw.
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0
[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

I got this from the guide to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere and is the same thing I use on my switch.

Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0
[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

I got this from the guide to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere and is the same thing I use on my switch.

Everything looks good. Have you upgraded Hekate and downloaded the latest fusee.bin and placed it in /bootloader/payloads/

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have deleted everything and started from complete scratch minus the emummc folder I copied from the old microsd card.

E: are you using files based or partition based emunand?

Might as well try with a new emummc and see if you can get anything running at all. I believe we’re both looking at this, correct?

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy (if not, take a look and see if there’s anything you missed.)

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

NitroHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a similar problem here... when I updated Atmosphere, Hekate, then boot into CFW, the Nintendo Switch logo stays for a whole minute, and I can't play any games, even retail-carts because they become ''corrupted''. The only way to access HomeBrew Menu is to go to the album. And if you are asking, there are NO pirated/warez stuff on my Switch, so don't ask me about .ncp or other dumps...

Here is my hekate_ipl.ini contents -

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

Something wrong? I dunno what to do...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem here... when I updated Atmosphere, Hekate, then boot into CFW, the Nintendo Switch logo stays for a whole minute, and I can't play any games, even retail-carts because they become ''corrupted''. The only way to access HomeBrew Menu is to go to the album. And if you are asking, there are NO pirated/warez stuff on my Switch, so don't ask me about .ncp or other dumps...

Here is my hekate_ipl.ini contents -

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

Something wrong? I dunno what to do...
Are you injecting Hekate.x.x.x.bin or Fusee.bin?

Did you update your Sigpatches?

Try temporarily moving /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to see if you have incompatible sys-modules that require updating as well.

These t-shooting steps might help as well: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

yukumo06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
hi! can someone help me with this. i tried upgrading my SD card then i follow the steps where my emunand type is SD file so i just have to format my memory card to Fat32 then copy the content of my old SD to my new SD. then every time i tried to boot to atmosphere im getting this error.

Attachments

• IMG_20221227_151346_1.jpg
    IMG_20221227_151346_1.jpg
    893.1 KB · Views: 32

NitroHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you injecting Hekate.x.x.x.bin or Fusee.bin?

Did you update your Sigpatches?

Try temporarily moving /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to see if you have incompatible sys-modules that require updating as well.

These t-shooting steps might help as well: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/
I inject Hekate.bin but have no SigPatches due to the lack of tutorials AND thinking they only were used for pirated games... maybe that's why. I'll test it ASAP to see if things change.

EDIT - Now most things work, but CFW is INCREDIBLY SLOW. Console is lagging when starting a game, can take up to 30 seconds to view profile, system data, etc... And I use Hekate 6.0.1.bin, by the way.

Last edited by NitroHedgehog,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I inject Hekate.bin but have no SigPatches due to the lack of tutorials AND thinking they only were used for pirated games... maybe that's why. I'll test it ASAP to see if things change.

EDIT - Now most things work, but CFW is INCREDIBLY SLOW. Console is lagging when starting a game, can take up to 30 seconds to view profile, system data, etc... And I use Hekate 6.0.1.bin, by the way.
Great. So we got the software working but it seems there’s something causing slowness. Let’s check the SDCard and make sure it;s still performing.

On your Switch, in Hekate, please show the SDCard information and the results of a benchmark test of your sdcard.
1672133360160.jpeg

1672133427548.jpeg

On your PC, please run h2testw on your SDCard and post the results.

hi! can someone help me with this. i tried upgrading my SD card then i follow the steps where my emunand type is SD file so i just have to format my memory card to Fat32 then copy the content of my old SD to my new SD. then every time i tried to boot to atmosphere im getting this error.
Please share your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file and if you are injecting using RCM or using a modchip.

Last edited by binkinator,

NitroHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great. So we got the software working but it seems there’s something causing slowness. Let’s check the SDCard and make sure it;s still performing.

On your Switch, in Hekate, please show the SDCard information and the results of a benchmark test of your sdcard.
View attachment 344591

View attachment 344592

On your PC, please run h2testw on your SDCard and post the results.

Please share your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file and if you are injecting using RCM or using a modchip.
There you go. Was I doing something wrong, especially on partitioning the SD Card with only 7GB for EmuNand(EmuMMC)? As for H2Testw, I'll edit this post later with the results.

Attachments

• nyx_partition.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
  • nyx_sd.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
  • nyx_results.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I went to the drive thru lady hands me me receipt go up to the 2nd window same lady hands me my...