Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Arkturos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,
So I got some corrupted game so I have to uninstall them and reinstall but now I see that after a couple of uninstall some of my uninstall game are keeping some storage on my sd card so someone said that I have to delete everything in Nintendo/Contents/placehld but I got nothing sooo I'm wondering how to get my storage back to normal.

Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone able to tell me if updates can be installed to the SD Card rather than the Internal Memory when installing NSP's?

If you use Tinfoil you can pick where it is installed to, by default non hacked system will installed it to the SD card if a SD card is formatted correctly.

johnk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
which firmware is needed for funning Horizon Chase Turbo. i had it on my old Switch with a lower firmware <6.2 but didn't know which one :-(. i am now on 5.1 and the game is asking for an update.

D

Deleted User

1. SX Dongle basically just houses the payload on a modchip that is designed to send it when the console enters RCM aka it uses the same exploit Fusee Gelee. As for the main question, you can risk downloading the update online with your console or you can can download the game's respective update in .NSP format and install it with any title installer, typically the same one you used to install the game in the first place. Not sure what you mean in reference to save data. Regardless of which option you choose for updating, the save data will also get updated once you start the game with the update
  • You will have to resend the payload whenever the console is rebooted or turned off. Sleep mode doesn't count as turning the console off because its just a mode that conserves battery energy aka the console stays on.
  • The current method isn't installed to the Switch so you can't "remove" it. As stated previously, you will exit CFW once the console reboots or shuts down so you can consider that as "removing" it.
Thank you kindly. This is what I suspected.

Something that may not be answerable with certainty, but I'm curious: how quickly are the games updated when a patch hits (historically speaking, I know it probably differs per game), and where can I get it? Smash Bros is my main concern, since each patch radically alters the characters.

Last edited by ,

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm am i doing something wrong?
I downloaded the atmosphere bundle via Github and the package with the patches offered here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/) but when i select the fusee_primary.bin in SXOS payload loader it displays the screen where it displays loading the patches and applying them, the the atmoshere logo and after that the Nintendo Boot image but after that the screen goes to black and i have to shut off the console with holding Powerbutton for 12 sec.

Is there a file/step i'm missing?
My actually installed Firmware is 6.0.1 if that matters

Last edited by noX1609,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm am i doing something wrong?
I downloaded the atmosphere bundle via Github and the package with the patches offered here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/) but when i select the fusee_primary.bin in SXOS payload loader it displays the screen where it displays loading the patches and applying them, the the atmoshere logo and after that the Nintendo Boot image but after that the screen goes to black and i have to shut off the console with holding Powerbutton for 12 sec.

Is there a file/step i'm missing?
My actually installed Firmware is 6.0.1 if that matters
If I'm not mistaken when you are chainloading from another payload (like SX OS) you run the secondary payload instead of the primary
Could be wrong on that though

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(IM BACK on the scene )ok so i just got a first gen switch and updated it to the latest ver as i have seen that atmosphere os works on the latest firmware as well (the switch was on 6.0 anyway as i got it used so not so bad) im waiting for the atmosphere dongle to get here but in the meanwhile i am researching all i can about this hack. i have read quite a number amount of threads in regards to atmosphere os, reinx and sx pro but i have small questions that i believe only owners that have been there can answer and save me trouble.

• we have emunand support if im correct, is this like the same deal with 3ds back in the day where i can have this updated and online and have my sysnand offline and safe? if nintendo bans the unlinked emunand will the system nand also still be banned?(i think they ban via hardware id or something like that idk)
  • i plan on buying another switch soon for legit play but i still wonder if i can have a hacked emunand for offline and a legit system nand for online play? ( i heard you have to switch between them to avoid getting banned)
  • whats the estimated ratio of people with hacked switches that are banned?

Chrakatoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello,

Is there any method to transfer my hacked switch save files to an OFW switch? I decided to backup my console to original because i want to play with multiplayer games ( super smash bro's) . I see the checkpoint app, but if i use that i need to cfw my switch which cause ban. I have so many hours in my hacked switch games. I buy that games if it will work and continue my save file. I never mod my save files.

Thanks for your help!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all
i have a chance to buy a 6.2 unpatched switch, i have a 6.1 so can use cfw,
i see 6.2 can run cfw but is this only if you have your key from say 6.1 or can 6.2 now be used the same as 6.1 in terms of getting keys and is the cfw only atmos untill renix patchs there cfw
thank you for any info
The only CFW that supports firmware 6.2 is Atmosphere but the recent release no longer requires you to acquire your own keys...I think.
edit-

With the emunand, can that be updated freely independant to the official firmware?
I.e my switch is on 5.1 but I could have an emu on 6.x?
Updating that emunand has no effect on fuses?
Since EmuNAND and SysNAND are separated, they are updated separately.
Hello guys,

I've had mixed answers about the risks of getting banned for playing the Smash Bros leak before the 7th.
Is it really okay if I stay offline & uninstall it once it's out, or am I going to get banned anyway?

Thanks for your attention =)
Just because you uninstall the game doesn't mean your in the clear because there are other traces of CFW that persist in the console such as fake tickets, bogus error codes, etc.
I have a swicth with OFW 4.1.0 and not read microSD exFAT. What can i do? When I put it in ask me for update.
After CFW installation with microSD in FAT32, Can I Change into exFAT??

Thanks in avance!!
Just use FAT32 since it has 0 chance of corruption and you can accomplish everything with FAT32 anyways. But if you insist, you can use ChoiDujourNX to patch exFAT support to whatever firmware you feed it.
i got my old switch on 6.2 and no sx os is running after that :-(. i bought a new switch and i am happy the switch is on 2.3 Firmware :-) but to run sx os the best way and don't lose the max of hacking options which is recomended beside 6.2 ;-) i got on my old one 5.xx and now i can go on a lower one. i need support for large micros sd cards i have 400 gb!
i know on sx os beta support for external drives exist.
If your question is which firmware is best for CFW, it is still 5.1.
Hello everyone.I want to use this mod for pokemon https://gbatemp.net/threads/dio-ventos-pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-lets-go-eevee-mods.523519/
I am using Reinx but it says the only atmosphere supports it.I remember somewere i the past I read something about running nsp files on atmosphere with Reinx files or something like that.
Does anyone know how I can do that So I can use the pokemon mod?
I have no idea where you heard such a thing or what on earth its referring to, but the mod should work with ReiNX. If not, its pretty easy to switch to Atmosphere.
Hi there !
Is it possible to get our keys in 6.2 or must we wait for hekate to be updated ?
You can just use Fusee and Atmosphere instead of Hekate and Atmosphere.
I just came witha thoguht in another post:

Lets say I have legit 6.2 OFW and 5.1 Emunand with all the NSPs and XCIs(actually , dont know if thats possible), could I play my legit games and free games online?

I mean, it's posible to have lower emunand than sysNAND? How would that work? I read somewhere than sleep mode wont work
As answered in your previous post, EmuNAND and SysNAND are separated; think of it like having 2 different consoles in 1. However they do share some things such as the hardware i.e. fuses. 6.2 has a fuse count of 8 while 5.1 has a fuse count of 6. Updating SysNAND to 6.2 will burn the fuses to a total of 8 which will break sleep mode on any firmware lower than that regardless if its booted from EmuNAND or SysNAND. That is because the console performs a fuse check during warmboot aka sleep mode and if the fuses are higher than the firmware, it won't wake up.
Hi, is it safe to update the emuNAND to 6.2?!
No
Hi everyone,
So I got some corrupted game so I have to uninstall them and reinstall but now I see that after a couple of uninstall some of my uninstall game are keeping some storage on my sd card so someone said that I have to delete everything in Nintendo/Contents/placehld but I got nothing sooo I'm wondering how to get my storage back to normal.

Thanks
You can try formatting the SD card.
which firmware is needed for funning Horizon Chase Turbo. i had it on my old Switch with a lower firmware <6.2 but didn't know which one :-(. i am now on 5.1 and the game is asking for an update.
Try 6.1 and see if the game launches.
Thank you kindly. This is what I suspected.

Something that may not be answerable with certainty, but I'm curious: how quickly are the games updated when a patch hits (historically speaking, I know it probably differs per game), and where can I get it? Smash Bros is my main concern, since each patch radically alters the characters.
As quickly as the developers can compile a patch and Google is your friend.
what about XAJ700421XXXXX ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
(IM BACK on the scene )ok so i just got a first gen switch and updated it to the latest ver as i have seen that atmosphere os works on the latest firmware as well (the switch was on 6.0 anyway as i got it used so not so bad) im waiting for the atmosphere dongle to get here but in the meanwhile i am researching all i can about this hack. i have read quite a number amount of threads in regards to atmosphere os, reinx and sx pro but i have small questions that i believe only owners that have been there can answer and save me trouble.

• we have emunand support if im correct, is this like the same deal with 3ds back in the day where i can have this updated and online and have my sysnand offline and safe? if nintendo bans the unlinked emunand will the system nand also still be banned?(i think they ban via hardware id or something like that idk)
  • i plan on buying another switch soon for legit play but i still wonder if i can have a hacked emunand for offline and a legit system nand for online play? ( i heard you have to switch between them to avoid getting banned)
  • whats the estimated ratio of people with hacked switches that are banned?
  1. The problem with EmuNAND is that its SX OS exclusive and its not an ideal implementation. For starters, you will most likely be banned as soon as you use their EmuNAND online so the only safe way to use it to go online with SysNAND. And since EmuNAND is just a 1:1 copy of SysNAND, a ban to SysNAND is a ban to EmuNAND.
  2. Yes
  3. Check for yourself in this thread
Hello,

Is there any method to transfer my hacked switch save files to an OFW switch? I decided to backup my console to original because i want to play with multiplayer games ( super smash bro's) . I see the checkpoint app, but if i use that i need to cfw my switch which cause ban. I have so many hours in my hacked switch games. I buy that games if it will work and continue my save file. I never mod my save files.

Thanks for your help!
The only other way to transfer saves is by using Nintendo's Cloud Service which requires a paid subscription and the same account linked to both consoles.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I'm not mistaken when you are chainloading from another payload (like SX OS) you run the secondary payload instead of the primary
Could be wrong on that though
Hmm when i try to start it with secound.bin it‘s instantly going to blackscreen, with the first.bin i at least get the info that its loading/patching the files but after that it also went to blackscreen :(
Oh man would really interests me what‘s going wrong. Is there some debug or log created by atmosphere i maybee see whats going wrong?
EDIT: tested wha happens if i se the first .bin as the start.bin file.There it's the same, it boots until die Nintendo Logo appears and then only display blacksceen :(

Last edited by noX1609,

Chrakatoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The only other way to transfer saves is by using Nintendo's Cloud Service which requires a paid subscription and the same account linked to both consoles.

I know that , but i cant use it from a switch with cfw, or is there any method? Sorry about my english, i only have 1 switch . I currently use cfw 6.0.1 ReinX . I want back up my console with my original sysnand becouse online play. So , is there any method to trasnsfer my current save game file to my backed up ofw switch?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that , but i cant use it from a switch with cfw, or is there any method? Sorry about my english, i only have 1 switch . I currently use cfw 6.0.1 ReinX . I want back up my console with my original sysnand becouse online play. So , is there any method to trasnsfer my current save game file to my backed up ofw switch?
The Switch is not designed to transfer saves hence why hacking is the only way to do that. Either take the risk with the ban or buy a second Switch. This is not rocket science.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok my problem with booting Atmosphere is solfed :)

I did forget that my sysNAND didn't have the exFAT Driver installed.
After installing it with Choidujour it works perfectly :) Now i can update to 6.2 and install my Game Updates via AppStore as well as my purchased games :) I will use it until SX OS get's fixed for 6.2 :)

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at changing from ReiNX to Atmosphere. Is it true games I installed with tinfoil on ReiNX won't work on Atmosphere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Last job Ancient went to, he got fired for drinking on the job. +1