Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess this is a really noob question, but since im on a low firmware (its either 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2), should i at least be preparing for an update?

looking at the list of required firmware, pokken (launch version as its now been fixed) seems to be my only way to get to 3.0 firmware. But other research seems to suggest that you can access the browser redirect thing on any lower firmware.

I'm not so much asking should i update (i feel the answer is a strong no), but should i try and get pokken switch out of a concern only the higher firmware revisions will be sold in future? Or is it far more likely to assume if i have a 2.2 (at most) Switch, then any future solid stable full access hack should work on that (which means more likely a way to upgrade the firmware through that without having to buy pokken)?

to put it simply, i should relax and not feel the slightest concern about being on a 2.0-2.2 firmware, right?
switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl said:
I am below version 3.0.0. What do I do?

You can upgrade to 3.0.0 using a cartridge of Pokken Tournament DX. Warning: some very recent copies of the game come with 3.0.1. Be careful!

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will not update automatically. Just don't accept the update it if you're below 4.1 just don't connect to the internet because you can't really do anything online anyway.
what about using eshop? I shouldnt connect to it until cfw come?

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i cant seem to find a definite answer. I bought my switch today. It's on 3.0.1
right now, i only want homebrew for emulators, should i stay on 3.0.1 and wait or can i update to 4.1?

Reactions: LuigiXL

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I would like to ask some questions, if you could help me, it would be great.

First, I still dont have the switch and my friend will only bring in August, is there a chance I'll buy the switch in August and it will already come with a version that is not unlockable? Is it advisable for me to buy now and my friend keep it closed?

Second, I know there is still nothing, but would it be better to unlock it by hardware or software? what would be the differences? since apparently the hardware will not have problems as the firmware version. thank you!

Last edited by Matheuscas,

itsameKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested on the progress on the ability to dump non-cartridge data on post-3.0.0 firmware (preferably 4.0.1, but I'm not going to be greedy). Like installed games and software, as well as updates for those games (like SMO's new Balloon World update, or Splatoon 2's current version, and eventually Xenoblade 2's 1.3.0). Are any of the known but unreleased exploits capable of that? Are any of those exploits unpatchable (without hardware revisions) are ReSwitched, F0F, and TX's exploits capable of this? All any talks about here is homebrew and CFW. Elsewhere people are more concerned about getting their pirated games. I just want my update data dumps for unused and hidden content. (*cough* more Splatoon 2 leaks *cough*). I had gotten excited when I saw Xenoblade 2 music rips, but alas, that was only 1.0.0 cartridges.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It says only 3.0.0 can use HBL, that means people on 1.0.0 can't use homebrew right? Do I just have to sit tight with my console until CFW comes out?

ferrums

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ferrums.de
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on a firmware less than 3.0.0! What can i do?
homebrew works on 3.0.0 and below right now, so your best bet would be to update via the poken turnament dx cart. (Some new versions of the game come with 3.0.1, so be careful)
If your on 1.0.0, you should definitely stay there for CFW.

It says only 3.0.0 can use HBL, that means people on 1.0.0 can't use homebrew right? Do I just have to sit tight with my console until CFW comes out?
Update, and stay on 4.1 (block updates there).

Last edited by ferrums,

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is the only non-hardmod exploit for 1.0.0 JP Tetris, or are other entry points still a possibility? As a latecomer to the scene I apologise: I notice there's some good info on what version to be on, but not really that much on what to do at that version, except for "install 3.0.0" or "clench your ass and wait" (for obvious reasons, since there's not much released)

I got a 1.0.0 Switch today (no-one buys videogames where I live so the store still has some launch day consoles) and it seems 99% of people with a launch firmware Switch know what they are doing and have followed most news vigorously (while the 2.3-4.1.0 crowd is the most cluless, especially the latter, so most noob guides are aimed at them)

Last edited by HexZyle,

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone help me?
I know that I cant access eshop and download games from there If I dont update, but can I login with a Nintendo account or activate/deactivate it WITHOUT updating?
Because me and my friend are gonna share a account for just a few games. So if I buy some games now and download, Will I be able to activate/deactivate without updating? Thanks
Thanks!

Last edited by Matheuscas,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can someone help me?
I know that I cant access eshop and download games from there If I dont update, but can I login with a Nintendo account or activate/deactivate it WITHOUT updating?
Because me and my friend are gonna share a account for just a few games. So if I buy some games now and download, Will I be able to activate/deactivate without updating? Thanks
Thanks!
No

Sayora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 173.255.238.217 the DNS for blocking updates? When I use it, the eshop still works and the system update page still works. This is with that DNS as my primary and secondary and I am on 4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!