Switch Lite + Aluminum Shell + HWFLY = No LCD?

hyjinx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I got one of the aluminum switch lite shells and it's gorgeous! Upon swapping my hwfly modded lite from plastic to this, I'm left with the following:

1. When turned on, Hwfly mod pulses purple, then goes green.
2. I can see evidence that it's running because I can plug my power bank up and see it charging
3. Unhooking the mod also still works to boot OFW
4. If I boot ofw and touch the digitizer, I can hear the touch activation tones, indicating that I am infact booted to the stock OS
5. Unfortunately I get absolutely no display and I did get a NO SD CARD screen when I initially installed, but nothing since.

I didn't do the mod so, I'm not well versed here. I took great pains not to disturb anything as I migrated shells. I have reseated the LCD ribbon several times. I've unplugged battery and let it sit, the only thing I haven't done is to undo all this work and move it back to the plastic. I'm reaching out here hoping someone can tell me what I might be doing wrong or potentially suggest a next step. I'll post some pics and video here in case it helps.

What am I missing? What can I try? What additional info can I provide?

Here's the video of it booting up, obviously no display working:

Thanks in advance for the help!!

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
as i know display socket in lite very weak, i did swap transparant shell, and this happen to me, first time its fixed clean up display socket using alcohol 99%, and second time happen again when replace the analog, but yeah its wont display again and bring to service guy, and he replaced the socket lol,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space