Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

DeareN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I bought a brand new sealed V1 Switch
Serial: XAJ400695xxx
Region: Europe
Bundle: No
Grey Joy Cons

Both sites I tried online say it's patched.
In the first post here I am in the in the Orange area.
My question: Is there a way to know if it's hackable at all without unsealing it?
Do you suggest to sell it?
It is my second device, my first one is Mariko but I didn't want to mod it with Modchip, too difficult for me. My plan was to sell the Mariko and keep this one cause it's the V1 version.
Any suggestions?
Thanks and greetings from Greece

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Grey Joy Cons

My question: Is there a way to know if it's hackable at all without unsealing it?
It is my second device, my first one is Mariko but I didn't want to mod it with Modchip, too difficult for me. My plan was to sell the Mariko and keep this one cause it's the V1 version.
Any suggestions?
Your console is patched. Doesn't matter which number i type in on the website, it says it is patched.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grey Joy Cons

Any suggestions?
XAJ400695xxx is very likely patched, but there's a small chance it's not. The only way to know for sure is to unseal it and test it. Every XAJ40069 reported on the list is patched, but one out of the three XAJ4007 systems reported was allegedly unpatched.

If your plan is to have a hackable Switch, I would sell both systems (if the first one is truly patched) and buy a hackable one.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: DeareN

MomZo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Grey Joy Cons

Any suggestions?
You can have an SX Core installed in your Mariko by a local reseller who, if he cannot do it himself, knows someone trustable who can do it for you, modulo some €€€, of course.
It is the wisest choice now that the Switch V2 is hackable and the mod is working perfectly fine (better battery, improved HW components)

DeareN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Your console is patched. Doesn't matter which number i type in on the website, it says it is patched.

XAJ400695xxx is very likely patched, but there's a small chance it's not. The only way to know for sure is to unseal it and test it. Every XAJ40069 reported on the list is patched, but one out of the three XAJ4007 systems reported was allegedly unpatched.

If your plan is to have a hackable Switch, I would sell both systems (if the first one is truly patched) and buy a hackable one.

You can have an SX Core installed in your Mariko by a local reseller who, if he cannot do it himself, knows someone trustable who can do it for you, modulo some €€€, of course.
It is the wisest choice now that the Switch V2 is hackable and the mod is working perfectly fine (better battery, improved HW components)

Thanks guys. If it's on firmware 4.1 it isn't hackable with software method? It's not worth it like fusee gelee?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. If it's on firmware 4.1 it isn't hackable with software method? It's not worth it like fusee gelee?
If it's on 4.1 and has never connected to the internet before, yes, it is hackable. However, you can never update the sysNAND, and you can never connect it to the internet without the proper DNS settings.

https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacking/caffeine/forewarning

You can use an up to date emuNAND to play newer games. A 4.1 Switch can do anything a fusee gelee Switch can, as long as it's on 4.1 and never connects to the internet without the proper DNS settings.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: BaamAlex and DeareN

DeareN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If it's on 4.1 and has never connected to the internet before, yes, it is hackable. However, you can never update the sysNAND, and you can never connect it to the internet without the proper DNS settings.

You can use an up to date emuNAND to play newer games. A 4.1 Switch can do anything a fusee gelee Switch can, as long as it's on 4.1 and never connects to the internet without the proper DNS settings.

I couldn't keep myself from unsealing it, I used the method to see the firmware through maintenance mode and it's on firmware 4.1
I powered it off immediately. I think that's great news, I'll use the caffeine method and make an emunand with atmosphere. I ll also check if it's patched tomorrow that I ll have a jig.
I will also sell my Mariko unit and keep the V1 one which is brand new, I use my switch in dock mode anyway, don't care about battery life.
Thanks again

Reactions: Lacius

FutileSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When buying and the unit is contained in the green list do we need to concern ourselves with whether or not the owner updated the unit?

Also is there a more preferred version I assume 1 is old and there would affectivly be a sweet spot? As in perfectly hackable and also highest possible safe version.

Thank you for your intelligence.

FutileSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fusée Gelée doesn't care about the firmware.
Thanks for the fast response, being new to the switch but having been a member of past communities and systems I would like to ask if there is such a thing as a more preferred version. Obviously newer units could have optimizations with product development along side patches for "security". If you were in my position would an older more used green as good as a newer green list version. Or perhaps even an orange list version that actually can be patched (granted more risky and difficult to find) . Main question being does a new revision provide distinctive benefits. Like with the Wii for example where the earliest versions had both eeprom restore and backup ability even GameCube controller ports. Are there any hidden benefits to one version over another to consider with the switch?

An even deeper dive into this question outlines the base fact that they may be literally the same from a gbatemp users POV.. I just wanted get the intellects and master's to weigh in before I go buying a bunch of lack luster or useless versions.

Last edited by FutileSS,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
does a new revision provide distinctive benefits
I don't know exactly. But i would say no. The only thing which were changed is the manufacturing process. The tegra x1 in the new units is more efficient. Means, the battery lasts longer. But otherwise there are no noticeable differences. I currently use the first revision Nintendo Switch (with Fusée Gelée Exploit) myself and can't complain. Yes, the battery isn't that great, but it's quite sufficient for my circumstances.

Reactions: FutileSS

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Serial:XAJ4004894####
Serial on device matches serial on box: No
Firmware: 10.0.4
Color option: Red & blue neon
Store: /
Was a bundle (if yes, which): no
Purchase date: 2018
Fusée Gelée works: YES

PeeB4Ugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all quick question, I have an older model switch and the serial is XAW100065 , Now when I go to the ismyswitchpatched site it says bummer it's patched however when I look at the beginning of this post it states Serials between XAW10000000000 - XAW10074000000 are safe to buy? I am confused is it modifiable or not? Thank you.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all quick question, I have an older model switch and the serial is XAW100065 , Now when I go to the ismyswitchpatched site it says bummer it's patched however when I look at the beginning of this post it states Serials between XAW10000000000 - XAW10074000000 are safe to buy? I am confused is it modifiable or not? Thank you.
Only follow this thread. All other places leech off of here but do not keep themselves as up to date.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Erm...I don't know where you get your info, but your console is definitely hackable. It has 3 zeros after the XAW/XAJ prefix.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200723-094655.jpg
    Screenshot_20200723-094655.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 393

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my offerup add for modding switches has taken off. Is $125 to mod a switch fair? Lol i just make ads for super mario 64 switch edition and people go crazy trying to buy my modded switch cuz theirs is patched. I make $20 just for testing if a switch is hacked. Gotta love covid making people demand more games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5