Switch Homebrew Bounty Month 2: and the winner is...

The GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty is a massive competition that aims to boost the Switch homebrew scene by giving rewards to a selection of the best homebrew projects.
This second month, we reward Switch applications, that is to say, applications that run natively on the Switch. There are 4 categories in total.

The voting process is twofold: the staff gets to vote, and some members can vote too (in separate threads). We only allowed patrons to vote in order to limit possible fraud, and also to reward them for supporting us. We've just counted the votes. And the winners are...

Month 2 - Winners

PRIZE #1: $1,000 (USD) reward
NX-Shell
, by @Joel16

PRIZE #2: $500 (USD) reward
pPlay,
by @cpasjuste

PRIZE #3: $300 (USD) reward
Idn_mitm,
by @spacemeowx2

PRIZE #4: $150 (USD) reward
Goldleaf,
by @XorTroll

PRIZE #5: $55 (USD) reward
Lockpick,
by @shchmue

To the 5 winners: I will be sending you a private message individually in the coming days, stay tuned.

Full ranking

1. NX-shell, 73 points
2. pPlay, 59 points
3. ldn_mitm, 58 points
4. Goldleaf, 49 points
5. Lockpick, 39 points
6. In-Home-Switching, 33 points
7. NXThemes Installer, 14 points
7. VGEdit, 14 points
9. Vapor Spec, 9 points
10. RCMReboot, 7 points
11. Homebrew SD Setup, 5 points
12. SwitchGuide Updater, 0 points
13. Blawar's Tinfoil, 0 points

Please remember that the judges voted not only based on the application itself, but also, for existing applications, whether the application received a significant update for the occasion.

Sponsors

Half of this sum is generously donated by yours truly, GBAtemp!
Thanks to ad revenue and to our Patreon backers, GBAtemp is the biggest donator.
The other half comes from our generous sponsors as listed below.

0.jpg

MOD3DSCARD.COM
Buy flashcard to mod 3DS and Switch | Team Xecuter SX | Sky3ds+ | Stargate 3DS | R4 3DS - mod3dscard

axiogame.png

AXIOGAME.COM
Axiogame | Backup Units, Modchips and more

sxossmall.jpg

And let's not forget Team Xecuter who made a very generous donation too.

Member donations

The bounty isn't only about sponsor companies: you, beloved members of our community (and even guests) can contribute too! If you want to make a donation, simply click the button below to send a payment to our Paypal. Needless to say, 100% of the amount we receive will be transfered to the authors of winning projects.
View attachment 150086
What's next? We will start the 3rd month in the coming days. I hope you've all been working hard on your Switch emulator projects, it's almost time to submit.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations to all the winners, well deserved! Shame there wasn't a 6th prize for in-home switching :)

I only submitted my app (RCMReboot) because I happened to make it in the right month so why not, and I had zero expectations to win anything (it's a tiny, incredibly simple app that makes use of a feature of Atmosphere), but it's still gratifying to score some points, and even just to see it in the same list as all that great software.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congratulations to all the winners. A big thanks to you and all the other developers who make up this great scene. Less than two years into the switch's life cycle and the scene is already amazing. Cant wait to see what the future has in store.

Reactions: Costello

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Congrats. There's so many great homebrews in the list that I use at least once a week and the prices are well deserved.
pPlay and In-Home-Switching are the biggest surprises for me that popped out of nowhere.
We had some attempts for media file playback and streaming already but they had many issues and were not useful.
It's astonishing how well In-Home-Switching and especially pPlay are doing their jobs.

@Mods: A little bit off topic: I wonder why there's no news that the web browser can be accessed so easily now (Goldleaf, SwitchBru, BrowseNX). It's a big deal for many users.

Reactions: XorTroll

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m pleased for pplay @cpasjuste to win a prize that saved my Christmas & New Year holiday period I used it lots. Also Goldleaf that has really surprised me as it’s progressed, hats off to @XorTroll he has done a fantastic job with Goldleaf regardless what anyone says about him and I have eaten some seriously good humble pie myself to be fair, it’s a bloody good job! Congratulations to all the winners fantastic job guys!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The only app that did surprise me that didn’t win or at the least higher up the list was the theme installer I personally thought that was very good and very important to the nsw homebrew development. I don’t make the decision but to me that deserved a winning position.

Reactions: pk92 and XorTroll

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, staff and patreons voted, but that's it? I hope you guys come up with a way to involve the whole community next time, just a few people behind closed doors voting on what's best for everybody seems pretty weak. That couldn't really represent the entire homebrew community or even just gbatemp accurately at all.

Reactions: XorTroll

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wait, staff and patreons voted, but that's it? I hope you guys come up with a way to involve the whole community next time, just a few people behind closed doors voting on what's best for everybody seems pretty weak. That couldn't really represent the entire homebrew community or even just gbatemp accurately at all.
If everyone was able to vote, it would be abused pretty fast. Unfortunately that's the truth.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Opening up to everyone would be too risky, when there's money involved, fraud becomes a real issue.
We had to make a choice. We have like 100 active patrons, and over 30 staff, so that's gotta mean something right? I'd hardly call it "behind closed doors".

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Congrats. There's so many great homebrews in the list that I use at least once a week and the prices are well deserved.
pPlay and In-Home-Switching are the biggest surprises for me that popped out of nowhere.
We had some attempts for media file playback and streaming already but they had many issues and were not useful.
It's astonishing how well In-Home-Switching and especially pPlay are doing their jobs.

@Mods: A little bit off topic: I wonder why there's no news that the web browser can be accessed so easily now (Goldleaf, SwitchBru, BrowseNX). It's a big deal for many users.
Have to agree on this, for any mods, mind making latest Goldleaf update front page news or at least making a front page post about the webapplet news? I do think it's something interesting enough

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm out of words. I honestly never thought I'd get first place, but I'm glad as hell I did. Congratulations to the other winners as well, and to everyone who supported me, thank you very much. I will continue working on this program for days to come. I still have college in the way :( but I'll be sure to squeeze some time into this.

PS. Thanks again everyone, I'm beyond words right now!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Wow, I'm out of words. I honestly never thought I'd get first place, but I'm glad as hell I did. Congratulations to the other winners as well, and to everyone who supported me, thank you very much. I will continue working on this program for days to come. I still have college in the way :( but I'll be sure to squeeze some time into this.

PS. Thanks again everyone, I'm beyond words right now!
that money's gonna pay your college right ? well... 0.01% thereof :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: report your account, a supervisor will take care of it