Switch firmware update 10.0.0 released, adds button remapping, allows you to move game data to SD

switch.jpg

A system software update is available, would you like to update now? Nintendo put out a new firmware version for the Nintendo Switch today, adding a bit more than the typical stability we're used to. Version 10.0.0 brings some new features to the system, including the ability to remap your controllers and save custom layouts for Joy-Cons, Switch Pro Controllers, and the Switch Lite buttons. There's also a new section in the system settings that lets you toggle displaying your play data to others, or deleting it outright. Those that want to spice up their profile icons can do so, with six new Animal Crossing: New Horizons images that have been added. Another useful feature in 10.0.0 also allows users to transfer games from their system storage to a micro SD card, or the other way around. This works for game data, updates, and DLC, but it does not work for transferring save files to an SD.

Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.

• A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
  • An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
  • News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.

Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.

• Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
  • Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.

Added an option to remap the controller buttons.

• Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
  • Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
    • Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
    • Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
    • This feature is not available for other controllers.
    • On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.

Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.

• The options for "Display play activity to:" and "Delete Play Activity" have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.

Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.

• Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

EDIT: Atmosphere users can expect a new update by the end of today.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried starting the controller while pushing the X-button? It should then behave as a XBOX controller. Maybe this can help.
It won't connect to Switch with Start+X, pretty sure that's only for PC and other bluetooth devices.

maybe i should buy a switch, although it has been released 3 years ago and i think nintendo is gonna release a new console in 2 years. What do you guys think?
I think maybe we'll get Switch Pro in 1-2 years, but it'll be a minimum of another 4 years before their next console. Especially given that Switch is still selling so well that it's out of stock in a lot of places.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Deleted User

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Phew, good thing I checked the temp so early today.
Wouldn't want either NAND to hit me with Updatenag.

Dang.

But considering the 9.2.0 -> 10.0 jump and these new features has got me wondering:
Is Ninty up to something big ? (Releasewise ?)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe i should buy a switch, although it has been released 3 years ago and i think nintendo is gonna release a new console in 2 years. What do you guys think?

why wait? with how things are going you dont know what the future holds.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think maybe we'll get Switch Pro in 1-2 years, but it'll be a minimum of another 4 years before their next console. Especially given that Switch is still selling so well that it's out of stock in a lot of places.

I wont buy it unless it is very powerful system and a third party supporting then I would buy it. I doubt it is powerful enough and there wont be brand new AAA 3rd party supporting for it. I hope that I am wrong but I will be watching Nintendo's next system.

Do I regret buying Nintendo Switch ? No, I am glad to have it because it is very cool and I am huge fan of Nvidia. So I am good to go. I do admit that it is VERY underpowered system and weak but it is very nice looking and nice to look at daily. That's about it. :)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wont buy it unless it is very powerful system and a third party supporting then I would buy it. I doubt it is powerful enough and there wont be brand new AAA 3rd party supporting for it. I hope that I am wrong but I will be watching Nintendo's next system.

Do I regret buying Nintendo Switch ? No, I am glad to have it because it is very cool and I am huge fan of Nvidia. So I am good to go. I do admit that it is VERY underpowered system and weak but it is very nice looking and nice to look at daily. That's about it. :)
I mean...third party devs already support Switch. Definitely far more than they supported Wii U. Just goes to show that developers will go wherever the players are, and it's impossible to ignore a console that sells upward of 50 million units. Hell, it might break 100 mil and end up outselling Wii.

Would I use it as my primary gaming platform? No, but that's ultimately irrelevant. The fact that it appeals to people who already own other systems is and will continue to be a big part of its success.

Last edited by Xzi,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Atmosphere supports 10.0 firmware already, if you make the files from the source code it should work ok he hasn’t released a general package yet that’s all.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean...third party devs already support Switch. Definitely far more than they supported Wii U. Just goes to show that developers will go wherever the players are, and it's impossible to ignore a console that sells upward of 50 million units. Hell, it might break 100 mil and end up outselling Wii.

Would I use it as my primary gaming platform? No, but that's ultimately irrelevant. The fact that it appeals to people who already own other systems is and will continue to be a big part of its success.

LOL! No.. Those are only ported games from previously PS3/PS4. Not a brand new AAA games, mind you. They wont release a brand new AAA games for it or it will have to be downgraded graphics. It is so underpowered system, you know. Only ported are possible and that's about it. :creep:

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
LOL! No.. That is ported games from previously PS3/PS4 games. Not a brand new AAA games, mind you. :creep:
What are Doom Eternal, The Outer Worlds, and Trials of Mana if not new AAA games? I didn't say every single new AAA game is on Switch, but the support from third-party devs is still much improved compared to Nintendo's last two consoles. The more units it sells, the more third-party support it will continue to gain. With how scalable most game engines are these days, I can guarantee even a number of PS5 and XBSX games will be ported to Switch.

Last edited by Xzi,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are Doom Eternal, The Outer Worlds, and Trials of Mana if not new AAA games? I didn't say every single new AAA game is on Switch, but the support from third-party devs is still much improved compared to Nintendo's last two consoles.

Those are very nice games but I prefer PS4 games like Death Stranding (Awesome graphics and very realistic), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Resident Evil 2-3, Sekiro - Shadows Die twice, And more. Those are impossible for Nintendo Switch. If they want those on Switch then they would be downgrade and however it will NEVER happened. Maybe for the next system might be possible but it will be port games again for the next system. Nah.

The ports are great for people who do not have a PS4/XBOX at all. However, I do have PS4. And I do not need port games for my Nintendo Switch, thought. And I dont liked the downgrade graphics. Too ruin, to be honest. I don't mind for the backup games piracy if I want to if I dont have it on my PS4. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Those are not great games except Doom Eternal, to be honest.
That's entirely a matter of opinion, and a very different discussion. You asked about third-party support and I provided examples to show that Switch has it.

I prefer PS4 games Death Stranding (Awesome graphics and very realistic), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Resident Evil 2-3, Sekiro - Shadows Die twice, And more. Those are impossible for Nintendo Switch. If they want those on Switch then they would be downgrade and however it will NEVER happened.
I don't think any of these games would be impossible to port, it's just a matter of motivation. And of course they'd require graphical downgrades, but that's the trade-off for having modern AAA titles playable on a portable system that doesn't break the bank.

The ports are great for people who do notl have a PS4/XBOX at all. However, I do have PS4.
Right, that's what I said in my first reply. I personally wouldn't use Switch for my primary gaming platform, that's what my PC is for, but I'm not going to be insulting or dismissive to anybody who does use it as their primary platform. Just as I won't insult you for claiming to prioritize graphics despite the fact that you play on PS4, which runs most games on medium settings at 1080p/30 FPS. :P

(In case my sig is unreadable, I also own a PS4 btw. ;))

Last edited by Xzi,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's entirely a matter of opinion, and a very different discussion. You asked about third-party support and I provided examples to show that Switch has it.

I don't think any of these games would be impossible to port, it's just a matter of motivation. And of course they'd require graphical downgrades, but that's the trade-off for having modern AAA titles playable on a portable system that doesn't break the bank.

Right, that's what I said in my first reply. I personally wouldn't use Switch for my primary gaming platform, that's what my PC is for, but I'm not going to be insulting or dismissive to anybody who does use it as their primary platform. Just as I won't insult you for claiming to prioritize graphics despite the fact that you play on PS4, which runs most games on medium settings at 1080p/30 FPS. :P

(In case my sig is unreadable, I also own a PS4 btw. ;))

Okay...

Yea... your sig is readable at least to me: Playstation 4 - Latest OFW. :P And mine is 5.05 and soon 6.20 hackable. :D

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy...