Hardware Switch As A Portable Only Device

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just curious if I was the only person that uses their Switch as a portable only device. I haven't even taken the dock out of the box. Between my wife and kids I never get any tv time, so I have been typically in my recliner kicked back playing in Tablet mode.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, i use it as its suppose to lol...

I dock and play it like that for a while. Then the next day i wanted to play zelda but didnt want to turn on the tv and wake my wife and son. So just play it in handheld and then when they woke up i dock it and continued on the tv.

Now bomberman I have not play it on the tv yet, only in handheld mode.

But i have yet to take the switch outside the room lol.

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. I got the dock hooked up and put my switch in to see what it looked like on the tv and was like cool, then immediately took it out to play it as a tablet. I'm more of a handheld guy anyways, so I will hardly ever use the TV.

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I'm home, I play it on my tv but if I'm going to the toilet, I'll remove the joy cons from the tablet, set the tablet where is it safe to place it and play it so on the way xD

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of you portable only users want to unload that useless dock they included in the box PM me I will give you $25 for it without the charger, $50 with the charger.

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the battery life on the device?

I get about 3 hours playing Zelda, don't have any of the other games to compare. A lot lower than the 3DS obviously but I only typically get an hour at a time at the most to play.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought the Switch primarily as a portable console and it's been doing great as that (can play literally anywhere)...very comfortable with no hand or fingers cramps in reasonable gaming sessions (2 - 3 hours maximum), I get more shoulder fatigue than anything.

But I've been using it a lot on my monitor lately with the Joy Con grip and that's without a Pro Controller or bigger gaming monitor both of which I intend to get now that I find myself really enjoying console mode on the Switch (still won't take away anything from the portability of handheld mode).

It truly is a "Hybrid" console just as long as you're not expecting the latest cutting edge in graphics technology and I guess not playing on a too big TV which a lot of Wii owners did (27" 1080p gaming monitor is maximum for me before I start seeing low texture details up close).

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole ds line is like the phoenix, when people say it's dead it just rises from the ashes! 3DS FOR LIFE!

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just curious if I was the only person that uses their Switch as a portable only device. I haven't even taken the dock out of the box. Between my wife and kids I never get any tv time, so I have been typically in my recliner kicked back playing in Tablet mode.

When the time comes that I can actually afford a switch (lol), as a busy college student, I will likely be using it on the go a lot, although I'll always prefer sitting down in front of the tv to play, been a console gamer since age 3. I have nothing against handheld gaming, just not my preference, but seeing as I'm always on the go, I'll welcome that aspect of the switch with open arms. I barely have time to play my Wii U and other plethora of retro consoles as it is now, the switch would allow for a lot more time to play. As long as it doesn't get in the way of my studying/homework that is haha. I have ADD/ADHD (term is interchangeable these days, some people have hyperactivity, some do not, but its the same condition) so if it starts cutting too much into my studies, I'll have to put the whole thing away until summer etc lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@