Hacking Swiss Forwarder Channel

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WARNING: USE AT OWN RISK! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

This is a very basic channel forwarder for Swiss. Seems to work fine on my Wii. I slapped it together because there has been call for one. And I liked the idea of one myself.

I've used Wii Swiss Booter v2 by WiiPower as the .dol booter within this channel. Which has been working fine on my Wii as well.

Hopefully this will convice other people that there is call for a Swiss channel forwarder, and make it a lot cooler than mine!

Mine is just a static pic of
b4at61.jpg
and the music is the start of the Swiss' national anthem.

Swiss channel forwarder - SWIS.zip - takes up 13 blocks.
Mirror1
Mirror2

Cheers!

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was bored, and my sd adapter hasn't arrived, so I though I'd have a go at making a channel too.
It is based of the animated uniiloader channel, and uses wiipower's swiss booter v2.

It looks kind of like this, but animated, and the positioning is probably off a little:
previewcb.png

Here is the download:
MediaFire - Swiss Channel

Oh, and here is an icon for wiipower's swiss booter inspired by this channel (this is for the homebrew channel app):
iconwzu.png

EDIT: Only 1 more post till I reach 500, yay!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of creating a channel with the ganecube startup animations for the actuall banner and the sound it makes for the sound? as for the Icon well I'm not too sure what Id want there. I'm thinking perhaps a moving GC logo with swiss written through it?

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
person66 said:
Here is that one that was on youtube, with the dol replaced with swiss booter, and the "RiderFx3" text relaced with the word "SWISS" in gamecube font.

I also changed one frame of the icon that I didn't like.

MediaFire - Download
MegaUpload Mirror

Thanks! Is this channel using the swiss booter v0.2 by Wiipower? How can I update this wad with future (?) releases of swiss booter?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CanadaX21 said:
Is there anything you think I should change?
It looks fine how it is, the only thing that I would like is if the channel had swiss somewhere.
Like in the wad by RiderFx3 that I changed so SWISS shows up for a few seconds (this one)
But that might just be me.

KlexKavark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CanadaX21 said:
Is there anything you think I should change?

I think its perfect. But for my own personal preference i'd like to remove the swiss name in the icon and just leave it pure gamecube. Like popping in a GC game into the wii and going to the disk channel except yours is better because its animated. I tried doing it myself in customizemii and it told me " This TPL is require in your icon.brlyt and thus cannot be deleted." and since i cant do anything about that i'll take it as is because so far this is the best gamecube channel ive ever seen!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1