Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It requires the grid launcher to work. I did all the isntructions at first but didn't work. Because it needs the grid launcer boot.3dsx, but OP never mentioned it.
I couldn't make it work because the instructions are false.
People shouldn't bother with apps that have wrong instructions.
You call me an idiot for not getting a buggy app to work, after so many people complained too?
Well, I use smealum's original homebrew launcher and svdt always worked fine, so the problem is indeed on your setup, not in svdt.

Reactions: ihaveahax

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
@suloku: Why latest svdt version is auto-backing up saves, in spite of I have the "disable_auto_backups" file (with at least 1 byte) on "svdt" folder? Something about has changed?
Just checked, works fine for me (backups only made when holding L). The "disable_auto_backups" needs to go in the same folder as svdt.3dsx file.
Can you post the paths for your svdt files? Or screenshot.
It has a special feature for masher's or suloku's launcher where it automatically gets the title for digital software, but it does not require either of them. If, after properly setting everything up, it doesn't work with smealum's original launcher, then it's probably a bug. I can even go test this out right now.
svdt is totally independent, I told mashers several times he can remove that code from his grid launcher, but he tends to ignore my posts somehow. In fact wifi toogle is broken because of how he "fixed" svdt, I already told him what the problem was (and seems to have ignored my post yet again).
It requires the grid launcher to work. I did all the isntructions at first but didn't work. Because it needs the grid launcer boot.3dsx, but OP never mentioned it.
I couldn't make it work because the instructions are false.
People shouldn't bother with apps that have wrong instructions.
You call me an idiot for not getting a buggy app to work, after so many people complained too?
You choose to ignore all the other posts on this thread that complain that it doesn't work?
Shouldn't reply to someone that calls me a liar/idiot anyway.

1.- Nobody called you an idiot, hence, the only one lying here is you. And we have proof, you only need to read the thread: the only one using the word "idiot" is you.
2.- For the third time, grid launcher is not required, I said that in any case grid launcher BREAKS svdt (which does not as I already told you).
3.- No one is ignoring the posts that say it doesn't work. In fact I told you to test with latest version and see if the problem was still happening, but I don't see any feedback.
4.- You are free to use whatever you want, but don't say it is broken because YOU don't know how to make it work, because apparently nobody is having the same problem as you do, so we can only assume you are doing something wrong since there's no feedback on your side about what the problem is that would allow us to help you.

Last edited by suloku,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just checked, works fine for me (backups only made when holding L). The "disable_auto_backups" needs to go in the same folder as svdt.3dsx file.
Oh... I see what's the problem... I moved days ago my HB files to "gridlauncher" folder...
Then, I just moved "svdt" folder to "3ds" path and now works fine!... Thanks for your time, @suloku.

Last edited by fmkid,

nickdos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

svdt is totally independent, I told mashers several times he can remove that code from his grid launcher, but he tends to ignore my posts somehow. In fact wifi toogle is broken because of how he "fixed" svdt, I already told him what the problem was (and seems to have ignored my post yet again).

1.- Nobody called you an idiot, hence, the only one lying here is you. And we have proof, you only need to read the thread: the only one using the word "idiot" is you.
2.- For the third time, grid launcher is not required, I said that in any case grid launcher BREAKS svdt (which does not as I already told you).
3.- No one is ignoring the posts that say it doesn't work. In fact I told you to test with latest version and see if the problem was still happening, but I don't see any feedback.
4.- You are free to use whatever you want, but don't say it is broken because YOU don't know how to make it work, because apparently nobody is having the same problem as you do, so we can only assume you are doing something wrong since there's no feedback on your side about what the problem is that would allow us to help you.

How many times I said that this doesn't work, what are you talking about?
I followed the instructions and the whole process three times with different boot methods and get the same result, crashing when injecting a save. Used the boot.3dsx that is linked in browserhax.
then I tried everything people suggested and it didn't work.
It only worked when I used the boot.3dsx from the grid launcher.
I am reporting the bug, but you and other trolls accuse me of not following the instructions or lying.
This is getting annoying, you are trying very hard.
Just accept that this app is not perfect, just as others have not gotten it to work and have problems. Everyone seems to suggest something different that worked for them.
You seem determined on proving that it is and that I am wrong.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh... I see what's the problem... I moved days ago my HB files to "gridlauncher" folder...
Then, I just moved "svdt" folder to "3ds" path and now works fine!... Thanks for your time, @suloku.
That's strange, it should work fine from whatever folder. Works fine from my launcher mod under other folders.

You seem determined on proving that it is and that I am wrong.
I did exactly the same as you and it worked fine for me, and nobody else reported any problems with Omega Ruby.
You still haven't told me what svdt version you are using, you should be using 0.10.42d, how do you expect me to find what the problem is if the only feedback you provide is "it doesn't work, don't use it". What anybody would expect at this point would be:

0.- svdt version
1.- o3ds or n3ds
2.- Firmware version
3.- Entrypoint (tubehax, ironhax, themehax...)
4.- Launcher used (smea's hbl or any other)
5.- Game (you said it's omega ruby, but is it the cartridge version or digital version?)
6.- Exact steps that reproduce the problem: you only said "crashes when holding R". I assume you know how to select the title since you said save manager works fine for you.

I'm probably more interested than you in fixing whatever needs fixing, but I can't reproduce your problem.

Last edited by suloku,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's strange, it should work fine from whatever folder. Works fine from my launcher mod under other folders.
Well, now you said that, maybe! Time ago I had svdt folder into "/Utilities.hblauncher/" path (from root) and svdt worked fine... Later (on the end of week, I guess), when Mashers released folder support from "/gridlauncher/folders/" path, I moved exactly into "/gridlauncher/folders/Utils/", and only until yesterday I test svdt and notice that strange behavior. Perharps not supporting intrincated paths (many subfolders) or something like that.

Last edited by fmkid,

AceAdrian15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of problems? svdt should be unable to access the savedata of the cartridge if you select the digital title.
When I try to select the cartridge, svdt accesses the save data of the digital copy instead. So I am unable to backup the save of the cartridge.

EDIT: I should add that svdt accesses the save data of the digital copy just fine when I select it, it's just when I try to select the cartridge is when I'm having a problem.

Last edited by AceAdrian15,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
When I try to select the cartridge, svdt accesses the save data of the digital copy instead. So I am unable to backup the save of the cartridge.

EDIT: I should add that svdt accesses the save data of the digital copy just fine when I select it, it's just when I try to select the cartridge is when I'm having a problem.
What launcher are you using? If you are using masher's, can you try with normal hbl? Can you try svdt 0.10.2 and check if it works and if the title selector appears for cartridge version?
Well, now you said that, maybe! Time ago I had svdt folder into "/Utilities.hblauncher/" path (from root) and svdt worked fine... Later (on the end of week, I guess), when Mashers released folder support from "/gridlauncher/folders/" path, I moved exactly into "/gridlauncher/folders/Utils/", and only until yesterday I test svdt and notice that strange behavior. Perharps not supporting intrincated paths (many subfolders) or something like that.
I'll test this noon.

AceAdrian15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What launcher are you using? If you are using masher's, can you try with normal hbl? Can you try svdt 0.10.2 and check if it works and if the title selector appears for cartridge version?
I was using the grid launcher. I tried it with the normal launcher and it works now, so I guess it's a problem with the grid launcher. Thanks for the tip.

Mauste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to backup my saves of:

• Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • Mighty Switch Force!

However, both of them get stuck at the white screen and do not allow svdt or Save_Manager to start. I have tried multiple times.

Can someone confirm whether these are indeed "problematic games"?

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Not sure if it's worth reporting, but I've tested my games, here's a list of what worked and what didn't if it helps?
Works: Shinobi (EU), Star Fox 64 3D (EU), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (EU), Pilotwings Resort (EU), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (EU), Shin Megami Tensei IV (US)
Didn't work: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya (JP)
Prisma Illya just crashed before it could load the app. Using EU 2DS with Themehax.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svdt_inject might not be working (if it is, tell me what we're doing wrong please?). Both are Old3DS and we used the latest release (0.10.42d, or 'trailing spaces: the final frontier').

Someone with 10.1.0-27E is trying to use svdt_inject to dump restore an edited Animal Crossing: New Leaf save back to a digital copy, holding R to do that. Running the game, though, didn't show any changes. Pressing start showed a black bottom screen but the top still looked "corrupted"; the game still didn't show the edits that were done.

I tried this with 10.2.0-28U with Ocarina of Time 3D retail, a game that doesn't have issues, but holding R showed the same top "corrupted graphics" and bottom red screen. Pressing start brought up a colorless interface, but nothing in svdt_inject was dumped restored either way when I went to start the game.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
svdt_inject might not be working (if it is, tell me what we're doing wrong please?). Both are Old3DS and we used the latest release (0.10.42d, or 'trailing spaces: the final frontier').

Someone with 10.1.0-27E is trying to use svdt_inject to dump an edited Animal Crossing: New Leaf save back to a digital copy, holding R to do that. Running the game, though, didn't show any changes. Pressing start showed a black bottom screen but the top still looked "corrupted"; the game still didn't show the edits that were done.

I tried this with 10.2.0-28U with Ocarina of Time 3D retail, a game that doesn't have issues, but holding R showed the same top "corrupted graphics" and bottom red screen. Pressing start brought up a colorless interface, but nothing in svdt_inject was dumped either way when I went to start the game.

svdt_inject folder is only for restore purposes; any dump on 0.10.42d should be found at /svdt/Game_name/Timestamp/

Dumps are automatic unless the "disable_auto_backups" file is present. If the file is present, hold L to do emergency dump.

Last edited by suloku,

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way this can be fixed for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity? SVDT is alot more convenient then the first save manager.

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the problem? Black screen? For what you say it seems it works with save manager?
Well I get the black blank bottom screen, and a glitchy top screen with save manager. It still works but I have to hard reboot my console becasue the exit function doesn't work with said game. SVDT does not load at all with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1