Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It only crashes when injecting a save by holding R.

Don't use this broken app. Instead download the newest boot.3dsx from https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebrew-launcher-with-grid-layout.397527/ and use the save_manager as always.

I had the same problem a couple days ago. Use IronHax/ThemeHax installers to update the entry point you use and download the latest svdt version from meladroit's github and it should work fine. Use the HBL mod of your liking, but IMHO SDM lacks some major features to be quite as good as svdt (mostly title+time stamps on save backups and secret value auto-patching).

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use this broken app. Instead download the newest boot.3dsx from https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebrew-launcher-with-grid-layout.397527/ and use the save_manager as always.
Well, that's disrespectful. And it's probably the grid launcher what's messing with svdt in any case (mashers recoded title handling), as I said it works perfectly fine for me.

Also, why are you using R to inject a savegame? Omega rubi doesn't have any display problems.

Anyway, I've just tested emergency inject with grid launcher beta 41 and svdt 0.10.42c and you know what? It worked fine as expected. Don't say it is broken just because you don't know how to use it.

edit: if it wasn't clear, I tested with omega rubi.

Last edited by suloku,

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So in case you're curious, i recently tested restoring digital MH4U saves with save_manager

Saved the game, exported the user1 file, and then went back into the game and changed things a little, saved again, then restored the old user1 file.
No problems. I don't think there's any secure values in play there.

Reactions: suloku

nickdos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, that's disrespectful. And it's probably the grid launcher what's messing with svdt in any case (mashers recoded title handling), as I said it works perfectly fine for me.

Also, why are you using R to inject a savegame? Omega rubi doesn't have any display problems.

Anyway, I've just tested emergency inject with grid launcher beta 41 and svdt 0.10.42c and you know what? It worked fine as expected. Don't say it is broken just because you don't know how to use it.

edit: if it wasn't clear, I tested with omega rubi.

It wasted my time by getting it to work, when it actually requires something that isn't mentioned in the op, the grid launcher. Again, broken app, people shouldn't waste their time with lacking and vague instructions.

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasted my time by getting it to work, when it actually requires something that isn't mentioned in the op, the grid launcher. Again, broken app, people shouldn't waste their time with lacking and vague instructions.
/member /member /memberisaid

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any problems save_manager has with games/apps are shared with svdt (assuming you properly set it up with the .xml), unfortunately. It's Ninjhax 2.1 that might have the real problems with some games, as well as some on Old 3DS like Animal Crossing: New Leaf (which svdt_inject should work for).

Last edited by ihaveahax,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I said exactly the contrary: it works fine with homebrew launcher and grid launcher, I don't know how you got to the conclusion that it needs the grid launcher; it was YOU who said you were using grid launcher:
And I just proved the problem is only on your side using your exact setup, so you are doing something wrong. Have you tried using the latest version at least?

Anyways, do whatever you like, but just because YOU can't make it work for wathever reason (you don't seem to even recall your own posts to start with) it's not a reason to say it is broken or to tell other people to not use it.

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: ihaveahax

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I said exactly the contrary: it works fine with homebrew launcher and grid launcher, I don't know how you got to the conclusion that it needs the grid launcher; it was YOU who said you were using grid launcher.
Don't worry about... Obstinate people just come here everyday!

Last edited by fmkid,

AceAdrian15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a problem accessing the save data of a retail (game cart) game when I have both the retail game cart and download copy of the game (in this case, Pokemon Y). Is this something being worked on, or is this something new?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having a problem accessing the save data of a retail (game cart) game when I have both the retail game cart and download copy of the game (in this case, Pokemon Y). Is this something being worked on, or is this something new?
What kind of problems? svdt should be unable to access the savedata of the cartridge if you select the digital title.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem as well. I installed some cias over my sysnand. A method like pastacfw. So real sysnand won't play them. But I tried using sdf but they are broken. They all have saves so that isn't the issue, but when I use hb, svdt doesnt show them. Is it possible to get a CIA form of it to install as well?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@suloku: Why latest svdt version is auto-backing up saves, in spite of I have the "disable_auto_backups" file (with at least 1 byte) on "svdt" folder? Something about has changed?

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: SomeGamer

nickdos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I said exactly the contrary: it works fine with homebrew launcher and grid launcher, I don't know how you got to the conclusion that it needs the grid launcher; it was YOU who said you were using grid launcher:

And I just proved the problem is only on your side using your exact setup, so you are doing something wrong. Have you tried using the latest version at least?

Anyways, do whatever you like, but just because YOU can't make it work for wathever reason (you don't seem to even recall your own posts to start with) it's not a reason to say it is broken or to tell other people to not use it.

It requires the grid launcher to work. I did all the isntructions at first but didn't work. Because it needs the grid launcer boot.3dsx, but OP never mentioned it.
I couldn't make it work because the instructions are false.
People shouldn't bother with apps that have wrong instructions.
You call me an idiot for not getting a buggy app to work, after so many people complained too?

Last edited by nickdos,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It requires the grid launcher to work. I did all the isntructions at first but didn't work. Because it needs the grid launcer boot.3dsx, but OP never mentioned it.
"I proved" "I said" "It was YOU" You have some issues with yourself.
It has a special feature for masher's or suloku's launcher where it automatically gets the title for digital software, but it does not require either of them. If, after properly setting everything up, it doesn't work with smealum's original launcher, then it's probably a bug. I can even go test this out right now.

Reactions: nickdos

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"I proved" "I said" "It was YOU" You have some issues with yourself.

I don't even know what that grid launcher is you keep harping about and i've been using svdt for more than a month just fine.

The problem is you, not svdt.

nickdos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't even know what that grid launcher is you keep harping about and i've been using svdt for more than a month just fine.

The problem is you, not svdt.

You choose to ignore all the other posts on this thread that complain that it doesn't work?
Shouldn't reply to someone that calls me a liar/idiot anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1