Gaming Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya

LDE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sucks we can't get it until the region lock is disabled which might not happen for a year or so but I do somehow want to try this...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. If they announce a US localization (or we get flashcarts and a fan translation), I'll have to watch the series. It's been on my to-do list for so long.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D Visual Novels?

You know, I could actually get into that. I could totally sit back and let the 3DS read to me while I enjoyed a still on screen that changed with the events. Not really a game, but more like a moving book - would make Romeo and Juliet FAR more interesting. I mean, I know that's what visual novels are (albeit, with more interaction), but I'd like to see more "story book" style downloads. Maybe we can see those on the 3DSWare in the future - the DSi already has a few story books for download, so maybe the same developer will bring some over.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Schlupi said:
... damn it... we will NEVER see this game stateside and the 3DS is region locked... LAME.
Dunno aboot that.
Haruhi has a huge amount of cnk fans in america.
The trick would be to lobby funi or whoever handles the mango or anime license over there to work on a game translation. I think it's been done before.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's unlikely.No other Haruhi games have been released outside of Japan.
Still,Disappearance is coming out in America and the UK soon so just maybe...

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Icealote said:
Naughty Japan, hoarding the best gems to themselves.

This is the thing I hate the most about them. Some of the best games never gets released outside of Japan.
hate2.gif

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the double post but nobody would check otherwise.
Anyway the game is out (if it exists) now but I haven't heard any news about it.I'm starting to doubt the authenticity of it now.

Reactions: ComeTurismO

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
The obvious solution to all these problems is to just learn Japanese and while you're at it, save up and buy a japanese 3DS, then the region lock and the lack of localisation won't be an issue for you any more.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have any idea how much that'd cost?I mean you need to pay and put effort into learning Japanese from classes,pay for another 3DS which costs alot and buy the game itself.I doubt anyonee would do that.
Stilll hoping for a hack to enable games from other regions.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
EZ-Megaman said:
Do you have any idea how much that'd cost?I mean you need to pay and put effort into learning Japanese from classes,pay for another 3DS which costs alot and buy the game itself.I doubt anyonee would do that.
http://www.freejapaneselessons.com/
http://www.studyjapanese.org/

there are other sites too. and also Rosetta Stone. there are also books.

Luigi39000vr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can only imagine what this game will be like. xD
Kinda looking forward to seeing it (even though I won't play it).

Icealote said:
Naughty Japan, hoarding the best gems to themselves.
Well, these games they keep to their country are their own creations and anyway due to copyright have no chance to see an outside release.

QUOTE(EZ-Megaman @ May 26 2011, 08:13 PM) ...
You don't have to take classes, I've been learning it online and doing pretty good so far.
wink.gif

Also, I'm thinking the only possibility right now of hacking the 3DS is via bugs in upcoming games. (Like with the wii which had smashstack, indiana pwns, return of the jodi, etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year