Gaming Surface Pro 3 - Fan stuck on max

WhiteMaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys, just thought I'd make a thread about this.

So yesterday I was streaming with some Mario Kart with my Elgato HD60 capture card connected to my Surface Pro 3.

Everything went great, and since streaming at 60fps is quite a taxing thing, my surface pro's fan revved up. It has done this before of course. The issue?
It won't stop. My fan is stuck on maximum, it's loud as hell and drains my battery. I have no idea what is going on, but I know I've had this problem in the past, but it somehow resolved itself.

I've reset the computer twice now. Installed and uninstalled drivers and installed them again. I've done every single update. I've even updated the BIOS/UEFI to the latest version. As far as temperature goes, the tablet can be frozen solid not doing anything, still the problem persists. I dont know what to do.

Fan is constantly on, regardless of what im doing. Even on idle... The only 2 ways the fan shuts off are:

1- Press the sleep/power button.

2- Turn it off.

As soon as I press the power button and the tablet turns on, the fan kicks to maximum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WhiteMaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What are the reported temps?

You can use an app like Speccy to find out.

Sorry about the cartoons in the back lol im working.

Anyways, please see attached picture of Speccy.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    448.2 KB · Views: 195

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
53C at medium loads sounds about right so it won’t be the temp sensor misreporting. This makes me think that either the fan curves are a little too aggressive (e.g. set to blow 100% at 45 maybe) or something is bypassing the fan curve to send full voltage to the fans.

Unfortunately I don’t know any troubleshooting steps for this. You may want to raise a support ticket with Microsoft and see what advise they can give.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP