Hacking Supercard DStwo plug-ins

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
creativ said:
pls fix the thread name
it is a bit irritate

report the thread, state your concerns, ask for it to be renamed.

-another world

my 2 cents: i dunno if it really needs to be renamed. anyone who assumes by the thread title that all the work'll be done for them is mighty lazy. Seriously, its not very hard to add (and maybe rename) the .nds file you want to the plugin folder yerself, it'd be plain dumb to include EVERY actual homebrew in with the icons. i think its enough that theres links and instructions at the OP for all the icons.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated first post with an uploading bit

QUOTE said:
Uploading plug-ins
When uploading a plug-in please add:
The bmp icon
The ini icon
The nds file
any readme's licenses other files that need to be included with the nds file

If you have already uploaded a plug-in under the "old" format
please try and re-upload to include the relevant files

Please follow this guideline because if you don't it just creates more work for me and others

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK - FYI, been trying a few of the programs to see which work & which dont

So far (apart from the ones I've mentioned before):
ComicBookDS [Multimedia + readers]: Works
'Complete' plugin [v2] @ http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=11464 (I've updated matt's page but used my icon for this one - Sorry matt)

Diagnose [Utilities]: Works
'Complete' plugin [v2] @ http://filetrip.net/f11574-DSTWO-DiagnoSe-Plugin-2-0.html

Those I've tried that don't work:
Animantee: Just doesn't start
Flickbook: Does start, & allows you to 'draw' but when you tap the '+' on screen it locks up
DSReader: Does not work

Released tomorrow...Keep an eye on the official website......

DSONE/i EOS SP3, DSTWO EOS v1.02
QUOTE said:
DSTWO EOS v1.02 update
  • 1, Update the file system, remove checking storage space function to improve reading speed.
    2, Added system file protection, user could not operate on system files to avoid system corrupt.
    3, Fixed some RPG Games bugs.
    4, Fixed save problem, when the patch database save size is different from customer save size setting, will keep customer save size.
    5, Fixed a cheat code bug. Sometimes, the cheat code does not display
    6, Fixed GameWatch Games Collection, RPG tools.
    1222 - Archime DS (J)
    2360 - LOL (U)
    2645 - Bakushow
    7, Fixed downplay function.
    8, Added DSTWO provide Soft-Reset function for Homebrew. Any homebrew software run “_dstwo/reset2desktop.nds” file can return to DSTWO desktop.
    9, Fixed real-time save date display error problem.
I doubt it'll fix any plugin issues,but the bit about homebrew and 'reset2desktop' sound interesting

VatoLoco

Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
@alidsl, could you give me credit at the first post on these icons cannonfoddr converted with spinal tool here.
Not trying to be picky, but seeing as they are my icons[Colors, DSftp, DScratch, Duke3DS, Green beret, LemmingsDS, MarcaDS] (that ive put a lot of work/time into(2 years of icon building for akaio, hehe)) and id like the same courtesy you paid to matt140 here for his enhanced upon icons. thanks banana-bandit =D

@cannonfoddr, testing animanatee, and it works with no freezing here. im using v1.5b

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did Pm the admin about the plugin issues and he replied saying

"Your information has been very helpful to us"

Sorry Cannonfoddr posted so I gave him the credit

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
@cannonfoddr, testing animanatee, and it works with no freezing here. im using v1.5b
Ah could be the reason - I was using 1.5a (from the download link on first post)

EDIT: Erm hang on - I've just downloaded 1.5b and it STILL doesn't work as a plugin (but does works if you run it through Moonshell or DS Games)

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just noticed this topics become a sticky, thanks another world

@cannonfoddr I'm changing the animanatee download link
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
@cannon, try this. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f652hc
its what on my card. it needs an Animanatee folder at the root though
nope - tried it & all I get is 2 black screens (& I do already have a animantee folder on the root)
I'll backup & format the MSD to see if that helps (it's a Sandisk 8Gb Class 2) - oh & to check, have you done the 1.05 firmware update by any chance ?? - 'cos I haven't (didn't want to run the risk & I've got 1..4 anyway)

NVM the bit about 1.5 firmware: Just checking & the 1.5 firmware only fixes 'autoboot' on DSL - which I'm not worried about

VatoLoco

Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
no, im using a dsl, so no need i think(i had thought it was for dsi). im running a 8gig transcend C6, formatted w/panasonic

i had some weirdness(no launching) go on when i accidentally had half a plug(ini and bmp) in my _dstwoplug folder. it seems like it threw the settings off somehow.
anyhow, i removed it and all was better, so maybe check yer plugin folder for anything out of the ordinary.

and yay for homebrew SR in the newest release. we'll see how it stacks up to akaios HBSR

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
no, im using a dsl, so no need i think(i had thought it was for dsi). im running a 8gig transcend C6, formatted w/panasonic
Oh Oh - I've think I've found the problem.......

For some perculiar reason 'Animantee' doesn't work on a DSi as a plugin but does work as a 'standalone' (i.e. through either 'DS games' or 'Moonshell')
But it DOES work on a DSL as either a plugin or standalone

Is that Weird or what !!!!!!

EDIT: ARRRGGGHHHH !!! - I thought I'd just re-check 'DSReader' and guess what it doesn't work on a DSi but it DOES on a DSlite
Us DSi (& possibly XL) users seemed totally screwed with Homebrew Plugins - for now I hope

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK I've just checked the following 'complete' plugins to see if they start up on a DSi - just not sure if they actually run games or if they lock up though

- Anyway,These start up as 'plugins'
  • AemioDA
    ApprenticeMinusDS
    [Update: Although it starts up - it also locks up on the DSi when used as a Plugin, runs OK as a 'standalone' though -it's fine on a DSL]
    NitroGrafx
    jEnesisDS
    NesDS
    NeoDS
alidsl: I think it might be a good idea to put a small note on first post about DSi problem with 'plugins' & in case you missed it 'DSReader' also doesn't work on a DSi

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
VatoLoco said:
Oh Oh - I've think I've found the problem.......

For some perculiar reason 'Animantee' doesn't work on a DSi as a plugin but does work as a 'standalone' (i.e. through either 'DS games' or 'Moonshell')
But it DOES work on a DSL as either a plugin or standalone

Is that Weird or what !!!!!!

EDIT: ARRRGGGHHHH !!! - I thought I'd just re-check 'DSReader' and guess what it doesn't work on a DSi but it DOES on a DSlite
Us DSi (& possibly XL) users seemed totally screwed with Homebrew Plugins - for now I hope

Hmm, I think it would be a good idea to PM the SC team about this find, quite a strange thing :S.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts