Hacking Supercard DStwo plug-ins

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
OK I've just checked the following 'complete' plugins to see if they start up on a DSi - just not sure if they actually run games or if they lock up though

- Anyway,These start up as 'plugins'
  • AemioDA
    ApprenticeMinusDS
    [Update: Although it starts up - it also locks up on the DSi when used as a Plugin, runs OK as a 'standalone' though -it's fine on a DSL]
    NitroGrafx
    jEnesisDS
    NesDS
    NeoDS
alidsl: I think it might be a good idea to put a small note on first post about DSi problem with 'plugins' & in case you missed it 'DSReader' also doesn't work on a DSi

jEnesisDS locks up when you start a game, but works fine up till that point.
The newest unofficial version of nesDS (with scaling bugs fixed) currently doesn't work as a plugin, it just goes to a black screen.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's one for GBA ExpLoader. The Emulator pretty useless for now so I made this.
2rvz909.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzqwnmmgwgw

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Seems like it... so far I've found
  • ApprenticeMinusDS [DSL/DSi]
    jEnesisDS [DSL/DSi]
    Animanatee [DSL/DSi]
    DSReader [DSL/DSi]
    Colors [DSL/DSi]
    TextDS2 [DSL/DSi]
    lmp-ng [DSL/DSi]
    Lameboy [DSL/DSi]
    DSkiosk [DSL/DSi]
    Diagnose [DSL/DSi]
    Comicbook [DSL/DSi]
Blu = Runs OK
Red = Don't run

Update for first post:
LemmingsDS 'complete' plugin [DSL/DSi] (as in it works on both DSL and DSi as a plugin)
http://filetrip.net/f11548-DSTwo-Lemmings-Plugin-2-0.html

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
waffle1995 said:
what program do u use to make these icon. i need my icon to be 16 bit
I use 'GIMP' to convert my graphics to 16-bit, just choose 'advanced options' when saving & choose the 'X1 R5 G5 B5' option

@ alidsl: I've sent you a reply - you don't really need the link to 'lmp-ng' program for my plugin package (even though it is wrong) as my package already contains the program
oh & I've updated the TextDS complete package to include matt140's icon - it's @ http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=11455

Edit - Oh you've changed the program link as I was typing - so ignore my first comment

i really dont know how to save an image as 16 bit bmp in gimp can you explain better cause i downloaded the latest and i cant find 'advanced options for the life of me!!

slayerdx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could we get descripitions on most of these plugins? Like for the emulators there are so many that i don't even know what half of them do!

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
R4Liam said:
CannonFoddr said:
waffle1995 said:
I use 'GIMP' to convert my graphics to 16-bit, just choose 'advanced options' when saving & choose the 'X1 R5 G5 B5' option

@ alidsl: I've sent you a reply - you don't really need the link to 'lmp-ng' program for my plugin package (even though it is wrong) as my package already contains the program
oh & I've updated the TextDS complete package to include matt140's icon - it's @ http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=11455

Edit - Oh you've changed the program link as I was typing - so ignore my first comment

i really dont know how to save an image as 16 bit bmp in gimp can you explain better cause i downloaded the latest and i cant find 'advanced options for the life of me!!
to save, go to: file > save as > (select file type bmp) > +advanced options > click 16bits (X1 R5 G5 B5)

from the akaio wiki, but its quite relevent for dstwo as well

Using Gimp

The image resolution required for custom icons is 32*32 pixels. If you already have a 32*32 image that you've made previously or downloaded from the Internet, all you need to do is save it in the correct format by opening it in GIMP, clicking the "File" dropdown at the top of the image window and then clicking "Save As...". See below for the specifics on how to save your icons.

If you're creating a new image, then the "Create a New Image" window will allow you to select the correct resolution of your icon. Simply enter "32" into both the "Height" and "Width" boxes on that screen, and hit "OK" to begin working on your custom icon.

If you're editing an image which is currently larger than 32*32, it is possible to change the in-progress image's attributes by clicking the "Image" dropdown and moving down to "Canvas Size". In the "Canvas Size" window, you may enter your width and height, similarly to the way this is done when creating a new image. Note that you may need to click on the chain icon next to these boxes; the chain represents a forced aspect ratio: editing one digit will automatically edit the other in order to make the image stay the same shape when it resizes (i.e. a "landscape" image would remain "landscape", just resized to your chosen dimensions). This is usually great, but not at all helpful when you need to make perfect square images, so unless your source image is already a perfect square, the chain should be unlinked. Be aware, however, that changing the canvas size will not resize the image; it it's not the same thing as scaling the image, which isn't covered here.

Once you're ready to save your image, hit "File", "Save As..." and type your filename into the box. You can either choose your file format by expanding the section at the bottom of the window, or simply by typing it into the filename field (e.g. akaiotest.bmp would save the file as a bmp). Now a "Save as BMP" window should appear, with a collapsed "Advanced Options" section. Expand it and select the "X1 R5 G5 B5" option under the "16 bits" header. Hit "Save" and your custom icon is done.

If you want to use this icon for a specific file (e.g. because you don't like the built-in icon or because you want to give icons to GBA games, etc.), rename the *.bmp to exactly match the file name of the target, minus the extension (so a custom icon for ClIRC.nds would be named ClIRC.bmp). Place your *.bmp in the same folder as the corresponding file, and when you next boot AKAIO, it should appear in place of the default icon. If you want to use this icon for a specific file format (e.g. as an icon for text files), place them in the folder /__aio/icons/ with the file format of your choice for a name (e.g. *.txt files, the bitmap should be named txt.bmp).

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
R4Liam said:
CannonFoddr said:
waffle1995 said:

to save, go to: file > save as > (select file type bmp) > +advanced options > click 16bits (X1 R5 G5 B5)

from the akaio wiki, but its quite relevent for dstwo as well

Using Gimp

The image resolution required for custom icons is 32*32 pixels. If you already have a 32*32 image that you've made previously or downloaded from the Internet, all you need to do is save it in the correct format by opening it in GIMP, clicking the "File" dropdown at the top of the image window and then clicking "Save As...". See below for the specifics on how to save your icons.

If you're creating a new image, then the "Create a New Image" window will allow you to select the correct resolution of your icon. Simply enter "32" into both the "Height" and "Width" boxes on that screen, and hit "OK" to begin working on your custom icon.

If you're editing an image which is currently larger than 32*32, it is possible to change the in-progress image's attributes by clicking the "Image" dropdown and moving down to "Canvas Size". In the "Canvas Size" window, you may enter your width and height, similarly to the way this is done when creating a new image. Note that you may need to click on the chain icon next to these boxes; the chain represents a forced aspect ratio: editing one digit will automatically edit the other in order to make the image stay the same shape when it resizes (i.e. a "landscape" image would remain "landscape", just resized to your chosen dimensions). This is usually great, but not at all helpful when you need to make perfect square images, so unless your source image is already a perfect square, the chain should be unlinked. Be aware, however, that changing the canvas size will not resize the image; it it's not the same thing as scaling the image, which isn't covered here.

Once you're ready to save your image, hit "File", "Save As..." and type your filename into the box. You can either choose your file format by expanding the section at the bottom of the window, or simply by typing it into the filename field (e.g. akaiotest.bmp would save the file as a bmp). Now a "Save as BMP" window should appear, with a collapsed "Advanced Options" section. Expand it and select the "X1 R5 G5 B5" option under the "16 bits" header. Hit "Save" and your custom icon is done.

If you want to use this icon for a specific file (e.g. because you don't like the built-in icon or because you want to give icons to GBA games, etc.), rename the *.bmp to exactly match the file name of the target, minus the extension (so a custom icon for ClIRC.nds would be named ClIRC.bmp). Place your *.bmp in the same folder as the corresponding file, and when you next boot AKAIO, it should appear in place of the default icon. If you want to use this icon for a specific file format (e.g. as an icon for text files), place them in the folder /__aio/icons/ with the file format of your choice for a name (e.g. *.txt files, the bitmap should be named txt.bmp).

Or... you could use my converter, which is linked in the first post (http://filetrip.net/f11539-DSTwo-Icon-Saver-1-0.html)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Updates on existing Plugins
  • ColecoDS [DSL/DSi]
    DSMasterPlus [DSL/DSi]
    MarcaDS [DSL/DSi] (but it could be because I may've not had any 'compatible MAME ROM with format ZIP NOT COMPRESS' )
    nesDS [DSL/DSi]
    NesterDS [DSL/DSi]
    Nitrografx [DSL/DSi]
    PictodriveDS [DSL/DSi]
    S8DS [DSL/DSi]

FlickBook [DSL/DSi]

World of sand [DSL/DSi]
Also note:-
1942, 1943, Greenberet and Duke3d: all required additional files (MAME ROMS or files from original game) to run
I haven't got/found these so can't confirm if they run them - but the programs do start up on both DSL and DSi

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Matt140

smile.gif

First post now with descriptions for each plug-in (apart from games and Hb loaders)
All plug-ins now include nds files
And fixed spellign
wink.gif
mistakes

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
R4Liam said:
so how exactly would i get duke 3ds to work (i have the grp file)

Basically - copy the 'Duke3d' folder to the root of the card, place the grp file in the same folder, install the 'plugin' into '_dstwoplug' & that SHOULD be all there is to it
Let us know if it works or not (tell us if it's on a DSL or DSi as well will help)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...