Supercard DSTWO hands-on preview

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I don't suppose you're that Chinese guy elixir was talking about?
ohmy.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leonidas said:
Jakob95 said:
Source that he ported VBA? I didn't think so.

He ported the GBA emulator on the PSP to the iPlayer not VBA...read this topic http://gbatemp.net/t169613-gba-emulator-fo...gress?&st=0

here's a sentence from his progress info:
QUOTEMore than one week has passed since I have got SDK, and I’was down to the GBA emulator development (in fact it calls migration of VBA) in this period.
so unless this is in klingon, he clearly stated it's VBA.
Doesn't matter about what he said. I guess porting VBA didn't work out for him so he did the GBA emulator that is on the PSP and ported it to the iPlayer. You can even take the game_config.tx from GPSP and put it in the iPlayer emulator so that the iPlayer emulator will have a higher compatibility.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
price isn't bad. can't wait 4 this. good thing i going to use my two gig that im using for my r4. im going to get this after my finals are over.

takeshi10123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Des_Kaje said:
Seriously looks interesting. I still use my old Supercard Lite and I'm tired of constantly converting my .nds files. Because of that I was planning to buy a new card this week (the AceCard 2.1 seems like a fair option), but now I've seen this I think I'd better wait until SCDS2 is out. I really do hope that the functions that were not available in the preview-version will be available (and working!) in the retail version. I'm not too sure about preordering one just now, I'd rather wait until I can read the hands-on review with all pros and cons.

By the way, is there any information yet about other emulating options (such as NES, Neo Geo or perhaps GBC/GB?). I have always wanted to play Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons but somehow I can't create good savefiles using Goomba Color DS...
frown.gif
use lameboy insted of goomba color ds

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkArmadillo said:
Btw, is it just me or is the FAQ grammatical pretty bad?

It's a Chinese site. You shouldn't expect correct grammar, they've never succeeded writing their webtext in plain English and probably never will. Besides, every Supercard up until now had an OS with the same kind of doltish grammar.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if this has been covered already, but just to confirm - the DSTWO doesn't come with a firmware flasher. The cart is able to use the power from the DS slot once it's inserted (even if it's not booted), to flash the firmware from the inserted micro SD using the onboard CPU.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
I don't know if this has been covered already, but just to confirm - the DSTWO doesn't come with a firmware flasher. The cart is able to use the power from the DS slot once it's inserted (even if it's not booted), to flash the firmware from the inserted micro SD using the onboard CPU.
Yeah, like the iPlayer.
wink.gif

Any picture from the other side of the PCB Shaunj66 ?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mbmax said:
shaunj66 said:
Yeah, like the iPlayer.
wink.gif

Nah, the PCB is stuck to the label (the top plastic shell has a large portion cut out), I didn't feel like ruining my cart for the sake of a photo. Is it so important?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Mbmax said:
shaunj66 said:
Yeah, like the iPlayer.
wink.gif

Nah, the PCB is stuck to the label (the top plastic shell has a large portion cut out), I didn't feel like ruining my cart for the sake of a photo. Is it so important?
I see. Like on my iPlayer. No, it's not important, someone will one day make this picture, so don't ruin your flashcart.
It's just a matter of time.
wink.gif

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Mbmax said:
shaunj66 said:
Mbmax said:
shaunj66 said:
Yeah, like the iPlayer.
wink.gif

I see. Like on my iPlayer. No, it's not important, someone will one day make this picture, so don't ruin your flashcart.
It's just a matter of time.
wink.gif

here you are

image-2041_4BE96147.jpg

image-D03B_4BE96147.jpg

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey ! thanks ahtin !
wink.gif

This side is quite instructive.
cool.gif

The hynix seems to be the memory part. Actel for the asic and a flash memory for the firmware.

Component are quite different if i compare them from my iPlayer but not that much.
smile.gif

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
fn01.jpg

If that's the clock, it shouldn't it say "00:23" not "24:34?"
unsure.gif

Nah, it should say 12:23am
wink.gif

QUOTE(stonegolem @ May 9 2010, 12:22 AM) I expect from a lot of developers to go for DSi releases even they don't "technically" need to use that feature.
For example, if I develop a game which forces to take a picture at the beginning of each level then there are nothing we can do to make it playable. That might be a powerful AP for developers.

That would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces. There are tons of DS/DSL's out there and that would cut them off entirely, not just people using DSi/DSiXL flashcarts without DSi mode.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tbgtbg said:
That would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces. There are tons of DS/DSL's out there and that would cut them off entirely, not just people using DSi/DSiXL flashcarts without DSi mode.
It's not going to happen, because Nintendo has sold over 90 million DS Lite units, and total sales for all DS consoles is 130 million. Which means DS/DSi and DSi XL have sold about 40 million combined. No company with a marketing team worth their while will go so far as to skip 90 million of potential customers. Also as to DS piracy, I don't really think it's that much of a deal. Companies put AP into the games, but Nintendo really hasn't done much to stop flashcarts globally.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i just read some interesting news that might be old to you guys

QUOTE said:
????????:
CPU :400MHz,????D1????
RAM :32M??,??????Mobile SDR

????????:
????,????,??????????,??????
it says plugin for video supports is not complete.
due to trademark/copyright issue some codecs might not be supported

this is extracted from a chinese forum (romsite)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system