Gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Discussion Thread

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't like Wavebirds - too big and no rumble. :huh:

Did I mention I got my adapter and my new shiny controller? B-)

You forgot to mention one last thing.. How awesome the box is!

If Nintendo had made new WaveBird controllers for Smash Wii U then perhaps I might've bought one but used GC controllers just aren't ideal.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You forgot to mention one last thing.. How awesome the box is!

If Nintendo had made new WaveBird controllers for Smash Wii U then perhaps I might've bought one but used GC controllers just aren't ideal.
I .. sort of .. throw it away. :mellow:

But it was great I guess? :unsure:

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, anyway today I'll be happy to play against anyone on my friend's list today and for the past few days I've been trying to invite some of you but it never worked out.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What?!? :blink:

You could've kept the box as a collector's item or sell it.
I don't keep such things. Did the same with the Bayonetta 2 Twin Pack. All these cases take away so much space.

Anyway - I'm close to finish all the challenges (130 of 140) and will be more often online then before.
Does anybody know how the message system for this game works by the way?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, anyway today I'll be happy to play against anyone on my friend's list today and for the past few days I've been trying to invite some of you but it never worked out.

Feel free to add me dude, My tag is the same as here (Terenigma) and that goes for anyone else reading the post. If you add me, just say who you are from GBAtemp so i know and lets smash together! Not actually had a friend match on the Wii-u version yet so id love to play some of ya!

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Feel free to add me dude, My tag is the same as here (Terenigma) and that goes for anyone else reading the post. If you add me, just say who you are from GBAtemp so i know and lets smash together! Not actually had a friend match on the Wii-u version yet so id love to play some of ya!
I'll add you the next time I play.

Reactions: Terenigma

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've been trying to invite anyone from my friends list today but the damn system is so outdated that it makes it hard to notify the user about it. God damn it upgrade your shit Nintendo. :'(

The best way to really know about the invite is through GBATemp and then booting the Wii U.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was banned from online temporarily... :) I used a *certain glitch* in 10 "For Glory" matches, after which I received a prompt saying "Time until you can play again... 1633min 02sec"

Lesson learned, don't cheat.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was banned from online temporarily... :) I used a *certain glitch* in 10 "For Glory" matches, after which I received a prompt saying "Time until you can play again... 1633min 02sec"

Lesson learned, don't cheat.

So you're banned for like 27hrs? Enough to get around to complete each Smash Event. :P

I've also been trying to beat this stage event but they always get me before I do:

zlCfzSubPwQ6GCW0rl

I lost the count of how many times the announcer's said "FAILURE".

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I lost the count of how many times the announcer's said "FAILURE".
Ha...! I thought I was the only one! After some tries I got it, though. :) There's nothing left in the game for me to unlock anymore (and I have both 3DS and Wii U versions registered so I'm getting Mewtwo as soon as it's possible...)

I'm not 100% sure I like this game better than Melee. It's super fun and the huge number of characters and content is insanely good. It's far better than Melee in that sense, but the actual physics and controls aren't to my liking as much. Personally, I don't feel Final Smashes really fit the game, so if I'm playing online it'd better be For Glory. And if you're like me and you exploit certain characters, you'll get banned. What am I supposed to do now? ;)

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Ha...! I thought I was the only one! After some tries I got it, though. :) There's nothing left in the game for me to unlock anymore (and I have both 3DS and Wii U versions registered so I'm getting Mewtwo as soon as it's possible...)

I'm not 100% sure I like this game better than Melee. It's super fun and the huge number of characters and content is insanely good. It's far better than Melee in that sense, but the actual physics and controls aren't to my liking as much. Personally, I don't feel Final Smashes really fit the game, so if I'm playing online it'd better be For Glory. And if you're like me and you exploit certain characters, you'll get banned. What am I supposed to do now? ;)

All songs, trophies and stages?

So how many trophies does Smash Wii U have? 800? I've still only acquired 200-ish.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was warming up, very sorry about that. :(
And which what difficulty?
Just wanted to know what difficulty he tries the event.

And wow, you did everything? Impressive! Any help for 9.0 in classic mode with losing no lifes?

By the way.. your Nintendo ID is shinkodachi too?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

And wow, you did everything? Impressive! Any help for 9.0 in classic mode with losing no lifes?

I keep my NNID private so it's different. It's in your PM, though... :)

To be honest I learned a lot of how the game works by playing it and there are exploitable characters making things very easy. I'd recommend Ganondorf, or if you want to cheat then exploit Palutena's infinite grabs.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

It's on Normal as once I finish all Events I'll be replaying them on Hard though I doubt I'll get around to beat this on Hard even.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
    I like filters :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Filters are why you don't go on 2nd dates
    Lol nahhh it's because I usually get what they want on the first date lol
    I swear if I hear "I don't usually do this on the first date" on more time... I am going to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought you McDonald's even tho you lied about your pics I still deserve this
    No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting