tongue.gif

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What are the cancel moments?

Anyway I am getting the hang of it, but for some reason I have trouble pulling off long combos with Haken

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm loving this game! Am currently up to Esmeralda Castle.

It gets annoying when you Block Crush an enemy, only to have them instantly touch the ground and force evade.

It's even more annoying when you do a Chain Attack and the enemy force evades as the second character comes in. An entire character worth of attacks wasted.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont see whats hard about the game, even if you dont know how to combo properly you should be able to defeat monsters quiet easily. The bosses are a bit harder without comboing though.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, i find it hard as crap to cancel Haken's moves, and im still ticked about them not translating the voices, or doing subtitles, but aside from that, this game is amazing and hilarious.

fraust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far it's just an ok game, the japanesse voice overs are not appealing at all, atm I don't see why everyone was waiting on this when a translated version had released 6months ago that is the exact same as this new release, at least for the first 2hrs.

I don't know how to do the combo stuff either, but like I said, it just seems like an ok game, and the dark spire is more appealing to me atm.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
For some reason, i find it hard as crap to cancel Haken's moves, and im still ticked about them not translating the voices, or doing subtitles, but aside from that, this game is amazing and hilarious.
Texas Hold 'em: Press A just before he knocks the enemy back into the wall with the under-the-arm shot.
High Low Draw: Press A immediately after starting the move (basically, press A twice).
Best Flush: Press A just before he throws the exploding cards.

Hope I helped.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I'm not really into RPG's much these days, but I'm finding this game not too difficult at all and actually quite fun.....I have a little over 5 hours logged into it right now. While I'm far above the adolescent age where cartoon boobs interest me, all the innuendo does add to the fun (sexist as it is), and I like the combo system to the fighting. For me, that's what making the game fun. I also like that the spells (spirits, if you insist....whatever) and equipment aren't overly complicated to sort through like some of the other RPG's for the DS.

Don't know why peeps can't figure out the combo system.....I found the in-game tutorial section to be quite clear on how to do stuff.
blink.gif

I could have done without the Japanese gibberish (well, it's gibberish to me anyway) during the fights though. If they were going to cut most of the voice work out of the game, they could have cut that too......or at least re-dub what little voice work they left in to English. Just seems like a shoddy translation the way they left it like that.

I really thought Dark Spire would get me back into RPG's at least a little bit because of its old-school nature, but it didn't. I ended up hating that game because of the poor menu implementation. Who'd have thought that this game would actually hold my interest like it has.

The topic's title was bugging me with the misspelling of the word "thread", I just HAD to correct it.

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Rayder
You could've changed "SagaL" to "Saga: too you know o_o'

I'm up to the same place (Megi Castle I think) where I stopped playing the Japanese version. Atlus wasn't afraid of really translating the dialogue though; that's something (AKA here's a boob joke...and here's another one?!).

Also, dibs on the first box that reaches the Philippines so I can get the game AND the soundtrack. >=D

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
misanthrope said:
Im finding exploration a bit troublesome, is there any kind of "tent" item to rest on the go?

Kaguya has a pretty kool spirit which is called love, heals all HP of the party. :],

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@misanthrope
Like what Sp33der says; so that's why she gets all the SP gear on my file as of now ^^

Also, I was dying to get this game. I heard Haken's theme.

Now I'm dying for that soundtrack CD XD Please get to Philippines ;_;

fraust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it better now that I am figuring the combo stuff out, pretty good game, and my only complaint is it wasn't a full translation. What is the difference in this game and the translated game thats 6 months old?

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
@Blackiris You just HAVE to make another remix when you get it/download it. I would really like to see what you come up with next : 3

And at last i manage to beat Dorothy.
She's a pain the in the arse to beat >_<
Kaguya and Aschen and Reiji saved the day : 3
oh, and KOS-MOS = EPIC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto