AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would love a custom banner For the Euro version of Dragon Quest IX. Hate how it currently shows the box art for the game on my 3ds whilst all my other DS games have proper banners.

Edit oh wait forget the above seems like there now is one lol.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

ppivotiiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I posted a few new titles to Github, currently still in a pull request so not part of the main repo yet. All tested working.
  • YW2P Advance Wars Dark Conflict (EU ver. of Days of Ruin)
  • AEG Eragon
  • AP2 Metroid Prime Pinball
  • AO2 Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
  • CPUD Pokemon - Platin-Edition (German ver. of Platinum)
  • BLFD Professor Layton und der Ruf des Phantoms (German ver. of Prof. Layton 4)
  • BT2 Trackmania Turbo
  • ARM - Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time
  • BH2 - Super Scribblenauts
  • BK9 - Kingdom Hearts - Re:coded
  • YKW - Kirby Super Star Ultra

Mr_Start

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I posted a few new titles to Github, currently still in a pull request so not part of the main repo yet. All tested working.
  • YW2P Advance Wars Dark Conflict (EU ver. of Days of Ruin)
  • AEG Eragon
  • AP2 Metroid Prime Pinball
  • AO2 Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
  • CPUD Pokemon - Platin-Edition (German ver. of Platinum)
  • BLFD Professor Layton und der Ruf des Phantoms (German ver. of Prof. Layton 4)
  • BT2 Trackmania Turbo
  • ARM - Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time
  • BH2 - Super Scribblenauts
  • BK9 - Kingdom Hearts - Re:coded
  • YKW - Kirby Super Star Ultra
Damn, yours Partners in Time is much better than mine lmao

• Haha
Reactions: champsblinder02

MrPlix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you obtain the WAV files?
because for Newer Super Mario Bros. DS i was thinking the thing at the START of the trailer
yk
the "ba-da-ba ba-da-ba-ba-ba-da" thing that plays

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question guys, I have downloaded YANBF and have it running but how are you all accessing this "repository?" Some posts indicate that yanbf will auto generate the banner and sound but I don't see the files in my app folder... When I use the app it auto applies box art as the banner.

Last edited by ichig0,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Quick question guys, I have downloaded YANBF and have it running but how are you all accessing this "repository?" Some posts indicate that yanbf will auto generate the banner and sound but I don't see the files in my app folder... When I use the app it auto applies box art as the banner.
It should automatically use these files from the internet if there is one for your game, if there isn't then it falls back to boxart. Chances are you're probably using a game that hasn't had a custom banner made yet?

The actual repository is here on GitHub: https://github.com/YANBForwarder/assets/tree/main/assets

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should automatically use these files from the internet if there is one for your game, if there isn't then it falls back to boxart. Chances are you're probably using a game that hasn't had a custom banner made yet?

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess that could be all it is, I haven't tried too many different games yet. I was thrown off because I saw in the thread that someone added the dragon quest games but when I tried my own, it still reverted to box art.. Maybe I had the wrong region? I will try some more and see if I can get any other games to work.

EDIT: Yep, its working, just not as many games in the repository as I thought.

Last edited by ichig0,

Nomu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you obtain the WAV files?
because for Newer Super Mario Bros. DS i was thinking the thing at the START of the trailer
yk
the "ba-da-ba ba-da-ba-ba-ba-da" thing that plays

There are a few ways, the quickest is seeing if the sound is on YouTube or somewhere similar or you can extract the sound from the game itself which is more time-consuming.

MrPlix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are a few ways, the quickest is seeing if the sound is on YouTube or somewhere similar or you can extract the sound from the game itself which is more time-consuming.
i mean there is a soundtrack for the game available to the public

LazyTomato

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Quick question... I was planning on making custom art and audio for Meteos, but I can't seem to get it working once actually installed on my 3DS. The audio, anyway.
The logo works perfectly fine but all it plays for audio is a sequence of short, high-pitched beeps.

I'm exporting the audio as a WAV file via Audacity (which was used to originally record and crop the audio from in-game sounds); I've tried the 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit export options to see if that was the issue, but 32-bit just goes WAY over the size limit and kills the forwarder to the point it shows no banner OR audio.
(either way in the end 16-bit turned out to have the correct bitrate, compared to other "official" custom banner audio I've seen here, so that's what's attached below)

I've attached the files I'm using, 'cause i'm not exactly sure what I'm missing here.
My installed ROM for the game is made off of a European copy, but that shouldn't really make any difference here.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 18
  • sound.wav
    646.3 KB
Last edited by LazyTomato,

ppivotiiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question... I was planning on making custom art and audio for Meteos, but I can't seem to get it working once actually installed on my 3DS. The audio, anyway.
The logo works perfectly fine but all it plays for audio is a sequence of short, high-pitched beeps.

I'm exporting the audio as a WAV file via Audacity (which was used to originally record and crop the audio from in-game sounds); I've tried the 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit export options to see if that was the issue, but 32-bit just goes WAY over the size limit and kills the forwarder to the point it shows no banner OR audio.
(either way in the end 16-bit turned out to have the correct bitrate, compared to other "official" custom banner audio I've seen here, so that's what's attached below)

I've attached the files I'm using, 'cause i'm not exactly sure what I'm missing here.
My installed ROM for the game is made off of a European copy, but that shouldn't really make any difference here.
The wav needs to be less than 3s, yours is 3.8s.

LazyTomato

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The wav needs to be less than 3s, yours is 3.8s.
THANK YOU. That was exactly it.
Alright, submitting my media for Meteos then.

(there's not really much of a difference from region to region outside of not having the japanese characters on the blocks, unless someone could find this HQ logo as a single sprite without those characters to re-scale back down to 256x128)

EDIT: Just got it merged via Github as a single thing, should be available to automatically apply from the forwarder

AMTP.png

Attachments

• AMTP.zip
    500.4 KB · Views: 22
  • AMTE.zip
    500.4 KB · Views: 17
  • AMTJ.zip
    500.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by LazyTomato,

Rude_Boy_EEEE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took SO MUCH trial and error, but I made one for Mega Man Star Force DX with the hack's logo and some ripped charge-shot sounds I was able to find online. Feel free to use!

Attachments

• Mega Man Star Force DX.zip
    253.9 KB · Views: 16

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish there was an easier way to do this. The logo is easy, launchbox can get any of the ones you need. But the wav files take forever to import to audacity and trim down. Even harder if you haven't played the game and have to find a sound effect you think MIGHT be a good fit

denullz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just tried some Pokemon Ranger titles in German. Ill just let them here since i finished creating them. I used the Ranger Theme for all 3 Games, cause that sound still match.

Attachments

• Ranger Trilogy (German).rar
    528 KB · Views: 15

champsblinder02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This ultimately took longer than expected but I'm happy to finally share everything - here.
Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate your effort! 🤩
Post automatically merged:

I don't know how to add on GitHub, but I'm sending in the attachment a few more:

Zoo Keeper
Planet Puzzle League
The Simpsons Game
Kirby Squeak Squad
Kirby Mass Attack

Attachments

• TADE.png
    TADE.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 3
  • TADE.wav
    468.1 KB
  • AKWE.png