ROM Hack Super Robot Taisen Endless Frontier EXCEED Translation Project Help

EagleLab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello to everyone.

I am currently working in a patch for the game from japanese to English and Spanish. As you may have notice English is not my first language. (Dont worry, my english cousin is gonna make the english script)

I used Tinke and Crystal Tile for uncompress the nds file and the data.srl and begin to work.

Well i have translated the first text (introduction) to spanish using only the SHIFT-JIS in MAdEdit and Finish to translate the items and the tutorial.

But i have a trouble with the character scripts locate in the sb files...i can't read the text in the file. So i used the NFTR file to make a table and is the same as the Shift-Jis table (the codes are the same but the order is different) well now i used the tbl file in shift-jis format in WindHex and is the same history, i can't read the script text.

There is something wrong in what I do?

I do not want you to do all the work, I just need some pointers or tips on how to continue this project.
I appreciate your help to finally get a patch for this great game that deserves it.

PhilippeAlaurent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Wish I could help you but sadly my knowledge in japanese and the software needed for translation are pretty much inexistant. ; ;

But I loved this game even with just noitora's menu patch and I wish you the BEST of luck. /salute

twilightsquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Created an account pretty much just to say I support this project. I can't really do anything useful, but I will be here cheering for you from the sidelines. Endless Frontier was one of my favorite games on the DS, and this one looked like it would be just as good.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, if the order of the letters is not the SJIS one, then you need to create a table to match the order of the letters in the font. Then you should be ok.
I wonder if it's really the case because now a day games tend to use standarts and maybe your problem is another (example a compression).
Post some screenshots of a file with the text you can not see correctly and maybe what it should say on the same spot.

LonelyDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! how you doing? just like you my original language is not the english but i whant to ask you somenthing do you still working on your patch for the exceed rom? if thats the case i really apreciate your work! im waiting for a patch long time ago and see you are doing something it's really amazing! Lo siento pero mi ingles no es de el todo bueno y peor aun no se nada de rom hacking ni de programacion aunque realmente me gustaria ayudarte si es que aun continuas con el proyecto de cualquier forma me alegra muchisimo ver que alguien como tu intenta sacar a luz un parche no para un idioma sino para dos! es realmente sorprendente y aunque no lo consigas o si lo consigos te estare realmente agradecido por averlo intentado o logrado y estoy seguro que muchas otras personas tambien! sabes hay una persona de artema trsnlations un equipo que esta por despedirse de las traducciones que quiza podria echarte una mano en cuanto a la programacion,Hotaru es una persona que aunque el equipo se valla a desarmar dijo que incluso se atreveria a traducir el juego por su cuenta si sacaran un parche en ingles,estoy seguro que quiza podria ayudarte en tus dudas.

http://hotayeldi-traducciones.blogspot.mx/2011/11/traduccion-endless-frontier.html

espero que no te rindas y lo sigas intentando! te deseo lo mejor!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?