Homebrew Super Mario War Wii 1.1 Update Released.....

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Mario War Wii 1.1 Released

super_mario_war.png

Tantric has released an initial version of his port of Super Mario War a Super Mario multiplayer game. The goal is to stomp as many other Marios as possible to win the game. It's a tribute to Nintendo and the game Mario War by Samuele Poletto.

Quote:
QUOTE said:
This is a port of Super Mario War to the Wii, using SDL Wii (http://code.google.com/p/sdl-wii/). It should be fully functional (with the exception of netplay - which requires someone (hint) to port SDL_Net). To make this port possible, I've had to rewrite significant portions of SDL Wii, particularly a complete re-write of the file, video, and sound systems. However, I'm hoping this work will encourage other developers to port more SDL-based games and applications to the Wii.

Skins/Characters I made for this game WAY back in the day
tongue.gif

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26820

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VLO0MYJF

Source: www.tehskeen.com

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks! I think this is posted in the wrong forum, but regardless, thanks for the update. Super Mario War is awesome(!), unless you don't have any friends. It's the ultimate in quick, easy to pick up multiplayer fun. The number of modes and maps is insane.... the only issue I've found so far is it takes forever to load the thumbnail list, and it's somewhat garbled once it actually does, so it's better to just skip it. You can see the thumb of the level while you're scrolling through the stage select anyway.

Much appreciated... especially since I've got a small pile of friends coming over this evening for drinks! This will be the hit of the night, I'm sure. I can finally give Pac Man Vs and Tetris Party a rest.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
:wtf: ooooops i guess i did put this in the wrong section! ( SORRY to the poor moderator THAT CLEANS THESE MASSIVE FORUMS!) just habbit this is the only part of the forum i use to be honest! lol

but yeah this also has a few RANDOM crashes and tantric IS AWARE of them
wink.gif

for example when using the black mage char in the mushroom circuit
wink.gif
causes a crash....

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
also it crashes code dumps for me when i select certain maps.

Posts merged

Smartpal said:
So it's *only* multiplayer?

you can play with bots

keep getting freezes and code dumps when playing some maps too. it'll freeze for about 2 seconds than play again and than it just eventually code dumps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up