Gaming Super Mario Galaxy Demo

jaapie18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oke it gives pal users duplicate weather and news channels. What will happen if you already have duplicate weather and news channels of the metroid ntsc version. Do you get another 2 extra channels?

Ramis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL wii and have played Mario Galaxy. I have some comments:

Super Mario Galaxy does not have any additional effects when you already have duplicate channels, so i see no reason to wait for a PAL version if you already have them.

If you dont have the duplicate channels yet i see two options. Either do the 10% trick (i dont like it though) or just go with the duplicate channels. I have put them to the far right in my channel display to be never seen again. We will probaby see a lot more games that will have this problem in the future

Cut from the Cyclowiz forum:

QUOTE said:
Instructions for PAL Users:

1) Update your Wii to 3.1E using WiFi or a PAL Game that provides the Update.
2) Get the Cyclowiz Update from Cyclowiz's from the Threads 1st post
3) Update Your Wii with the Cyclowiz 3.6 BETA
4) Insert Super Mario Galaxy and Update (This results in Duplicate News / Weather Channels)
5) Set Your console to English Language / UK Region (ELSE IT WONT WORK!, I TRIED WITH GERMAN!)
6) Enjoy

Another note: Its safe to update over Wifi even though you have duplicate channels. I followed the instructions and it worked fine

Duracelpupu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Wiikey fix ETA : 25 June 2008...09 ?
ha ha very funny..

come on, i think those wiikey guys are doing their best, lets give them a chance
smile.gif

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiikey fix ETA : 25 June 2008...09 ?

ha ha very funny..

come on, i think those wiikey guys are doing their best, lets give them a chance
smile.gif

like the last time they announced a update and released it finally after 2(?) f*cking months?
wink.gif
^^
i hope the very best, but my trust into the team is, to say it in a pleasant way, very low...

2 month... wasnt it announced in MAY...and released in SEPT... (or was it august) ... anyway I was just kidding
wink.gif

I got hope this time they'll make it fast

monnick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guess they already found a solution @ the Wiikey Team.

QUOTE said:
[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue

In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

As ever, we appreciate your patience and support while we do this.

Source: www.wiikey.cn

EDIT: Damn, havent read all pages so nevermind this message...Old information
wink2.gif

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The challenge for them is to create a delivery system? Does that mean the Wiikey chips can't be easily upgraded with the fix, or they're having trouble creating a new flasher for it? I'm kind of confused by their message...

ps3nano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about anyone else but this new "protection" makes me fear for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Plus i hope Wiikey gets on the ball and cracks this "protection"

EDIT: and for the people only looking at this one thread here is a quote from wiikey's site
QUOTE said:
[07.10.29] Issues with Super Mario Galaxy

Within the last 24 hours, we have received a huge number of emails from Wiikey users asking about the issues with the new Super Mario Galaxy game that are affecting all serial modchips. We would like to assure everyone that we are currently investigating the issues and will post a new announcement as soon as we have something to report.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and for your continued support. Although we cannot reply to each individual email, please be assured that all of your comments are being read and taken seriously.

wiikey is just Big mouse.

another already update

0329 Super Mario Galaxy (PROMiNENT) Currently works with D2Ckey and CycloWiz 3.6 BETA upgrade. Game is playable on PAL, but you get duplicate channels. Set the Wii language to English!(Use Wii Brick Blocker,no duplicate channels)

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
since i'm a pal user, can i do the update (the on the disc
wink.gif
)WITHOUT brickblocking the image before or will it brick the machine?

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to do the update otherwise you'll get a blank screen, but it'll only be playable with a cyclowiz or a d2ckey modchip.

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was wondering. Since SMG has got this protection it'll be more likely other games will have some kind of protection to. This makes me worry about some games like super smash bros brawl, bwii RE UC and other, cuz I can't really afford original games, since here in my country a original game costs almost the same as a month in a private school =/

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News