Super Famicom Vertical Rainbow Lines

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey so I got me a few super famcons a week back and try to bring them back one I fixed allready and confirm wroks perfectly with the setup Im using whilst another I got to Post but has vertical Rainbow lines going down the screenmostly freen flickering slowly moving downwards and yes the cable and power supply is working perfectly with the other famicom so it must be something internally. if anybody has an Idea please tell me :)

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey so I got me a few super famcons a week back and try to bring them back one I fixed allready and confirm wroks perfectly with the setup Im using whilst another I got to Post but has vertical Rainbow lines going down the screenmostly freen flickering slowly moving downwards and yes the cable and power supply is working perfectly with the other famicom so it must be something internally. if anybody has an Idea please tell me :)
And what I notcied that it need a bit of time to load up Chrono Trigger whilst the text advewnutre game it loads up in less then a second whilst chrono trigger needs like 10 seconds to give out a picture

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And what I notcied that it need a bit of time to load up Chrono Trigger whilst the text advewnutre game it loads up in less then a second whilst chrono trigger needs like 10 seconds to give out a picture
clean the cardridge of the game, all software is in the game itself, there's no software on console side.
check your cable...
forgot one possible wrong...
using a pal cable on a ntsc system or the other way around it.

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
clean the cardridge of the game, all software is in the game itself, there's no software on console side.
check your cable...
nope like I said i I just switch the consoles it works like new but only on that one console it has those probelms

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
check the cardrighe slot, bad contact is almost olways the problem in this system if it graphical fails. both are pal by the way, and they also run europion games.
I swtiched it out with 2 different Connectors so no thats not eigther

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
will look at it tommorow if i can find something, can you in the mean time take a picture of the problem.
ow forgot to mention all caps are past thier design lifspan, so these could be leaking.
from the outside there is at least no leaking view able and yeah Ill take some pictures

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are you using RF cable or VHS (scart or 3 coloured tulps)?
since if it's RF, the crystal might be of and need replacement.
if it's on VHS cable you should check the sync line.
see this page for pin layout.
Im using the Yellow , Red and White cable that were giving out with the Gamecube , N64 and snes so what would that mean for me ? And those are good working cables the other famicom works with it wonderfull

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im using the Yellow , Red and White cable that were giving out with the Gamecube , N64 and snes so what would that mean for me ? And those are good working cables the other famicom works with it wonderfull
on the site i mentioned: http://pinouts.ru/Game/n64video_pinout.shtml
there's pin 3 (second pin from the left upside (pin one is left upside, pin 2 is left downside, etc.) on the board that should be your main focus. could be one of the groundings, but i'm not sure wich one is used on your cable.

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
on the site i mentioned: http://pinouts.ru/Game/n64video_pinout.shtml
there's pin 3 (second pin from the left upside (pin one is left upside, pin 2 is left downside, etc.) on the board that should be your main focus. could be one of the groundings, but i'm not sure wich one is used on your cable.
Thanks Ill take a look at it as soon as Im home and try if it helps any

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

SirKelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i really don't know anything else i can think of... i'm pretty sure it's an out of sync fail.
The Volt meter sowns the exact same numbers as the one that is working perfectly fine what I noticed is that the console outputs the same lines over RF ( Or how this old cable port is called where you can choosr channel 1 or 2 )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to