ROM Hack Suikoden Tierkreis Undub Infos here

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
nixx, many people are put off the n and m looking so similar. its a bit hard to read when you have to slow down so much to interpret one character in a word. sort of a snag. it bothers some people more than others. its nice to have a fix, but if it doesnt bother you, then you don't need it.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
nIxx said:
But for what changing, the Text is okay the sound is the problem.
To unpack the ds_data_vow.sdat and pack it again would make more sense and it´s not difficult at all.
But if this works like it should (without syncing problem) is another question

For the ds_data_vow.sdat: (it have a own format that´s why you can´t open it with CrystalTile2)
00000000 A0 4F 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C AA 74 00 A8 50 82 00 .O........

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm i don´t know about the US version but the japanese one have 10 more files too.
Anyway the way you explained should work but like you said first we would need to locate the pointer for the dialog.

PS: Someone have a savegame where the desync starts ?

xjenova

Trophies
XP
Country
So... is it possible to replace the text of the japanese rom with the english one? If so, what files in which folder do i need to change? I dont mind having the menu in japanese. From what i could understand so far, it sounds more plausible to have someone translate the menu and replace the japanese texts with english than figuring out pointer problems.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Anyone else got problem loading that save linked to above in No$GBA? I'm not sure, but is battery save even implemented? Simply appending it to the empty .sav created by No$GBA doesn't work. I also don't have any idea what format this .sav is in, so converting it with Savegame Converter is impossible. Anyways, EmuCheat also crapped out on me again, displaying only garbage (using it on Linux with Wine, had that problem fixed somehow last time, but I can't remember how I did it...).

My theory to find the correct location in ds_data_vow.sdat goes as follows:
  • Search for an increased 32 Bit value each time a new line of dialog gets read with EmuCheat and No$GBA (that audio has to be loaded each time, I simply assume that the location where it is loaded from is held somewhere in memory)
  • Hopefully end up with only one location after a few iterations
  • At the time the first desync occurs, look at what value that location holds
  • Hope that this value matches one of the values from the table of pointers - if it doesn't, maybe it's a pointer itself, pointing at the table loaded to RAM
  • Insert ten "fake pointers" that point to the same location after that pointer
  • Fix table of pointers by adding 28h to each pointer
I hope I'm not stating the obvious again...

exzeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive been lurking around this thread for 2 days now.while playing undubbed suikoden tierkreis.
Hahaha.i was hoping you guys managed to figure the out of sync issue by the time i got to El Qaral.

Unfortunately i reach that level .
rolleyes.gif

Time stamp on the last save level before reaching El Qaral: 5:21

Got a question, what happen if the audio for the movies only were transfered from japan to Europe version.Will there be 'out of sync' later in the game?i mean out of sync on the movie part(the anime cut scene).

Hoping to see progress.Ikuzo~Ganbaruzo~Makenaizo~

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This pointer stuff is definitely beyond me, but it sounds like the proposed solution of enarky, etc. is what Sara-chan attempted back on page 6...
QUOTE said:
I was able to solve the problem with the English version by changing the ds_data_vow.sdat.
I duplicated a pointer 10 times then changed the pointer table size at the start of the file.
The English version has exactly 10 more voice clips than the Japanese one.
The crazy part? It synced back up fairly soon, just before naming the castle.
If we could find just the right part of the file to insert the extra pointers, it would be perfect.
I mean, besides the lack of battle voices, of course.
I haven't looked into that yet.
Edit 2: Sigh. It went out of sync again. That doesn't make sense.
They must have added text boxes in some place later and taken them away somewhere else, I guess?
It could be because the extra pointers I added were in the wrong spots, but it doesn't seem to be that.
The voice appears several lines before the matching text, just like it was before adding those pointers.

So it sounds like it's more complicated to me, and that simply repeating the pointer to a clip 10 times isn't going to fix it. But, I'm a complete layman in this, so maybe I'm mistaken. Thanks a lot for all of your work everyone; I hope someone figures it out!

Sara-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sara.wingdreams.net
XP
Country
United States
parvulus said:
This pointer stuff is definitely beyond me, but it sounds like the proposed solution of enarky, etc. is what Sara-chan attempted back on page 6...
QUOTE said:
I was able to solve the problem with the English version by changing the ds_data_vow.sdat.
I duplicated a pointer 10 times then changed the pointer table size at the start of the file.
The English version has exactly 10 more voice clips than the Japanese one.
The crazy part? It synced back up fairly soon, just before naming the castle.
If we could find just the right part of the file to insert the extra pointers, it would be perfect.
I mean, besides the lack of battle voices, of course.
I haven't looked into that yet.
Edit 2: Sigh. It went out of sync again. That doesn't make sense.
They must have added text boxes in some place later and taken them away somewhere else, I guess?
It could be because the extra pointers I added were in the wrong spots, but it doesn't seem to be that.
The voice appears several lines before the matching text, just like it was before adding those pointers.

So it sounds like it's more complicated to me, and that simply repeating the pointer to a clip 10 times isn't going to fix it. But, I'm a complete layman in this, so maybe I'm mistaken. Thanks a lot for all of your work everyone; I hope someone figures it out!

It does fix it for a short time.
But then it goes out of sync again because there's more differences than that, which even themselves out later.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sara-chan said:
It does fix it for a short time.
But then it goes out of sync again because there's more differences than that, which even themselves out later.
Hmm... so are you currently playing through, adding and subtracting 'buffers' as you go to keep it even?

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AshenPhoenix, you are awesome. I thought I was the only one who couldn't STAND the font. I actually went and made some fake screenshots with a better font, but didn't know how to put them in :\

sinbatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, the key is ds_data_hed.sdat, I Tried fixing the king event, then desync again when mubal explain the book, fixed, desync again when before naming the fortress. It's like more than 10 dialogues, argh.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Taking up on AshenPhoenix's initiative, I made my own font for the game, to replace the trainwreck of a font that they picked (I even emailed them about how bad it was while the game was in development, and never heard anything....)

If anyone is interested:
http://www.gukid.com/storage/gd_sysfont_jp.nftr

Just put it in the /font/ folder, and overwrite the original, rebuild.

And lemme know if there are any problems. Some characters are larger, some are smaller. Overall I tried not to make too many width changes to the "alphabet" portion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sweet 4k triangles