Suikoden Tierkreis Undub Infos here

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kerian, Mar 12, 2009.

Mar 12, 2009

Kerian New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    So, because I am certain this question will be asked in the next days:
    Yes it is possible to undub Tierkreis. I created this post because people have asked in several threads already whether or not its possible to undub Tierkreis.

How to:
    Thanks to GreenBanana who wrote detailed instructions on how to undub both the EU and JP versions. My old undubing guide can still be found below his. And yes, that's right- we are undubing the JP version as well! The reason? Undubing the EU version will not restore battle voices.

To undub the EU version:
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

To translate the JP version:

Outdated Undub instructions

As you can see, it's actually not that hard... Enjoy the nice Intro Song and the original voice acting (which is also less compressed -> sounds better).

Now, I wonder why the Japanese Movies are up to 20% larger in size each compared to the E Version. Propably because of the Sound encoding, which sounds slightly metallic in the E version due to heavy compression. Btw it's a shame they dumped the INtro Song in the localized version. =O

As of now, undubbing will cause the audio to be out of sync as soon as you arrive in Magedom. This applies to both the EU and JP undub!
    But fear not, our community consisting of gamers enjoying original Japanese voices in their games already worked on some patches to solve this problem. Happy day. Here you go:

Desync fix by tsol based on shinbatsus work:
    Post and download link

Font fix #1 gukid. InGame text is now pretty pretty and easier to read. Yay
    Post and download link

Font fix (a new font, easier to read) by AshenPhoenix. Appearently fixes the Heros name being out of propotion with the rest of the text...
    Post with DL link for new font and instructions

Old desync fix

Thanks to the all the people who posted valuable informations.

Also, not so interesting line in a batch file of the ROM, posting it anyway:
    Code:
    @echo off
    rem misc ?????????????????????
    T:\data\program\tools\dtarc.exe 01misc.dal -h arc_misc.h -c -o ..\rom\misc.bin
    dtarc is a tool to build/pack the bins? hmmmm

qwsed New Member

Message Count:
    Anguilla
    What does:

"CODE
    @echo off
    rem misc ディレクトリは雑多な素材の格納に使います。
    dtarc is a tool to build/pack the bins? hmmmm "

mean?

NOTE: It doesnt work:/ ive unpacked both roms, backed up the english sound and took the same files from the jap version and put them in the eng map (same place), I then repacked it using dslazy and tried to run the game on my Acekard 2. I came as far as "language" selection screen then i got 2 black screens.
    • Newcomer

Tamachan4ever New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Lol [IMG] just when I was looking for files that needed changing, thanks man
    • Newcomer

YumChan New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I have the same problem ^^,

qwsed New Member

Message Count:
    Anguilla
    An undub version of this game would be AWESOME! Im just thinking of the bad voiceacting of the hero whom is speaking in 2352398235092835 miles per second
    • Newcomer

gukid New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Awesome! I seriously don't know how I'd survive without undubs these days.

Too bad this game is like a slap in the face to Suikoden fans. Anyone see the us "trailer" for this game? They pretty much slaughter the pronunciation of the game, both the Japanese and the German part.

While we're on the topic of fixing Konami's US mistakes here, does anyone know how possible it would be to inject a more readable font into the game? I'm thinking this would be a bit harder, but being able to differentiate between n's and m's would be awesome.

qwsed New Member

Message Count:
    Anguilla
    Yep i saw it. But i think thats just an US thing (or english in general). Americans cant really pronounciate words hailing from other languages:P. (I peronally HATE english dubbings... real movies are good but cartoons/anime/games are really bad... Sometimes they get it right ^^ but mostly not).

Either way! How did you get it to work? Please explain:D I want an undubbed version too

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

Message Count:
    United States
    the town music is missing with this undub method as i already did the undub hours ago

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Message Count:
    Israel
    I didn't copy the ds_data_hed.sdat from the "rom" and "ex1" folders and I got music in towns, menus but the world map is blipping
    tested with a save in the second town

Message Count:
    United States
    im gonna use the dubbed version unless someone comes up with a perfect undub
    • Newcomer

gukid New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Which town music? I just started it, after doing that exact undub (there are repeat files, remember to replace the correct ones) and I have town music in the first town, house music... nothing seems missing right away.

Message Count:
    United States
    go further in the game
    after the 1st town there is no town or dungeon music

Edragon New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    is it possible (against the rule?) to ask anyone to upload the sound file in (J) rom? (as my net quota a bit low )
    thanks
    • Newcomer

gukid New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Maybe give it a try only replacing the _vow.sdat files and not the sound effects and music. The other files should be identical anyway, but strange how it's not working for some.

I'm pretty sure the sound files, even individually, would count as copyrighted material.

Update:
    What town and dungeon are you guys having trouble with? I just finished the first dungeon and haven't had any stuttering or missings tracks. Which is good, because I'm actually really impressed with the music for the game. If it weren't for the english voices and terrible font, the game would feel really well done.

As I mentioned before, if you are doing you own undub, make sure you copy the files correctly. The 3 files from the root /rom/ of the japanese version into the /rom/ of the us, and the 3 sound files from the japanese /rom/ex1/ to the us /rom/ex1/ folder. Don't copy the same sound files over twice by accident.
    • Newcomer

mgsfan New Member

Message Count:
    replaced the files noted and everything is working fine so far..past the first dungeon and into the northern forest atm

Amici New Member

Message Count:
    Philippines
    So is this undub working fine as it is? No problems?
    • Newcomer

RedCloud New Member

Message Count:
    Indonesia
    hmm the method's a bit troublesome..... [IMG]
    It'll be great if someone releasing a patcher for this....(again...selfish wish..... [IMG] )
    • Newcomer

mgsfan New Member

Message Count:
    so far for me its working perfectly atm following the instructions posted
    • Newcomer

Harima-San New Member

Message Count:
    France
    If i have knew that there is a guide...but i do it myself (because english voices suck) and it works !

With japanese voices and sounds, the game is perfect ! [IMG]

But i didn't do this :
    Code:
    @echo off
    rem misc ?????????????????????

mrfatso That guy!!

Message Count:
    Singapore
    and by the way guys, the new game id for this if i did this correctly is: YG4P 708D8241

SPONSORED LINKS