Trophies
Website
serial-hamster.over-blog.com
XP
Country
dmue2.jpg

populousox4.jpg

skweekfe9.jpg

STYXDS is Atari ST emulator programmed by Kyuran, the author of Croco DS and PenkoDS.

The very first release 0.1a is able to run most games at 60% speed allowing you to enjoy Xenon 2, Rick Dangerous, David Braben's Virus and many more...

01a features (rough translation from author's website)

- .ST files support
- sound
- DLDI support

How to :

copy Atari ST TOS and .ST files in the root or /roms/st directories of your card, patch the .nds with DLDI and... that's it! :-)

Tos 1.xx and 2.xx should run ok, but note that I used v1.02. Make sure to rename the file to tos.bin

Don't forget this is an early alpha release. There are many bugs, I'm quite aware of that.

Author's website : http://deadketchup.kyuran.be
File : http://media.kyuran.be/temp/styxds-dldi-v01a.nds

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
WHAT! THE! FUCK! omfggfokdsfsko ATARI ST this is so great, hope creator continues this emulator... DAMN DAMN DAMN .. i love deadketchup dude
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
!!!
ohmy.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
I grew up with an ST, seeing it emulated on GBA/DS is one of those things I'd always hoped would happen but never seriously thought it would. And now it has! Gods, Timebandits and Dizzy on the DS, how cool would that be?! (Okay so Gods was 2 discs and won't work well on a tiny screen so maybe not).
(sorry for the emoticon flood, I was lost for words)

Much much love for the developers
wub.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, more emulators are always welcome.

@Elrinth (or anyone else that might know) I never played the Atari version of Populous, how does it compare to the amiga/dos ones?

ooh a quick search tells me cannon fodder also appeared on the ST.

Two of my favourite games seem to be within reach now.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
!!!Â
ohmy.gif
Â
wub.gif
Â
wub.gif
Â
wub.gif
I grew up with an ST, seeing it emulated on GBA/DS is one of those things I'd always hoped would happen but never seriously thought it would. And now it has! Gods, Timebandits and Dizzy on the DS, how cool would that be?! (Okay so Gods was 2 discs and won't work well on a tiny screen so maybe not).
(sorry for the emoticon flood, I was lost for words)

Much much love for the developersÂ
wub.gif
its not amount of disks.. its quality of emulation
smile.gif
it doesnt matter if gods is two discs.. but yea. gods.. i own that game .. original. nice cover
wink.gif

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
rest0re: Your post confuses me. I was just running down a thought train, I don't mind if it doesn't support 2-disk titles (it might even do it already, I don't know), what they've done so far is more than enough to keep little me happy. (and incidentally I have the original too in my bookcase, with our old savegame backup disc in there as well
happy.gif
)

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
rest0re: Your post confuses me. I was just running down a thought train, I don't mind if it doesn't support 2-disk titles (it might even do it already, I don't know), what they've done so far is more than enough to keep little me happy. (and incidentally I have the original too in my bookcase, with our old savegame backup disc in there as well
happy.gif
)
sorry my native tongue is not english but i still got good grade from matriculation examination
wink.gif
i love that simon bistley artwork but its bit homosexual.. some bodybuilder type guy fighting with monsters
laugh.gif

Shtroodle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was wondering if anyone got mouse support to work? I was able to load some games but coudn't find a way to run them from TOS since the mouse cursor was just sitting there, right in the center of the game PRG file
frown.gif
Other than that this really has a great potential - most of adventure and RPG games should be playable just fine (if you could use a mouse that is). I think this emu deserves a mention on the front page, don't you?
wink.gif

EDIT: I'm using R4 and TOS102(US)

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't test it myself, but I assume the split rectangle beside the floppy disc lets you pick whether the touch screen controls the mouse or the keyboard. Tap the upper half of it (the bit that looks like a screen) and then see if that switches the touchscreen to mouse mode.

Shtroodle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip Psyfira but I already tried that. I did actually made some progress when I discovered that swithcing the "Key layout" to mouse allows you to control the cursor with D-Pad (but not by touching your screen). Unfortunately, this works only sometimes and when it does, you do actually get to run the game from TOS, but don't get past the intro screen - since the emu is running in a "mouse" mode you can't press the SPACE key (or any other key at that matter), thus you're stuck again. When you try to change the key layout on the fly it garbles the game screen and you have to reset the emulator. Bugger - I was so close :'(

EDIT: Added a sadder smiley to better express my sadness
smile.gif

Methanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
No updated version since 0.2 in March
cry.gif

This was the one emu that I was waiting for to buy my own DS (and not just play with my son's DS). I'm so surprised that no-one here is excited or seems interested in ST emulation on a DS?
unsure.gif

If he isn't using Cyclone for the 68k core and did then the thing would be even faster?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I recently packed in my Atari ST into the storage... Don't have anywhere to put it
frown.gif
But oo I will have to download and try this when I come home today
biggrin.gif

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so surprised that no-one here is excited or seems interested in ST emulation on a DS?
unsure.gif
Who said noone was excited, we're just quiet about it
wink.gif
I came in here thinking the topic had been revived because there'd been an update, lol never mind. I'm not going to fuss when people are doing this stuff in their free time.
smile.gif

The EZ-V and Styx don't get along particularly well, so I spent ages swapping OS's and disk images to find out which ones do and don't work. Forget the keyboard, and it won't run anything with a fancy menu on the front (like the multi-game Automation packers), but I had limited sucess with games with trainers (the ones that load to a plain screen with a "press t for trainer" option) and an image of one of my old discs. Crystal Castles is way easier than I remember it being as a kid
smile.gif
It takes about 5 minuites to crawl through the (mostly black screen) intro of Magic Pockets, but once the game loads it runs okay.

Nice reminder though, I started writing something to add it to the Wiki but it was down at the time and I forgot about it. Now where on earth did I save that txt file...?

Methanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
The author responded to an email and told me an update would be forthcoming "soon". Nice to get a response from an author!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F