lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I have a 3DS almost from its launch. I live in Poland, and I never got a hit here. (Over a year now)
To compare: I've been in London, and in 3 days I've got 42 hits. Poland is such a nowhere

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Streetpass sucks. Should have also made it possible to exchange game data through online play, Like in matchmaking in MK7 or other online games. The only Streetpass record I have had since the 3ds release is from my 5 year old brother.... PERIOD!

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Here in London, Streetpassing is fairly decent if you are commuting within. I have over 800 Streetpass hits, and have finished every panel, including the NSMB2 one, it wasn't difficult at all!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Based on my experience:

StreetPass can be very fun and intriguing.
StreetPass can be downright boring like fuck.

I experienced both. When Japanese 3DS consoles were expensive like hell and Singaporeans didn't know much about the 3DS (due to zero advertising, 3DS = 3D DS), I rarely got any StreetPasses. The max I got was 2 at once, and that was in a city tech convention.

Now, Singaporeans are more exposed to the 3DS. Some who were unhappy with the Vita (I know some of my friends were) sold it off and imported 3DS LL from Japan. Many others depend on local stores. I get about 4 passes whenever in the city. The max I got was 13 at once - when I walked around Orchard (Singapore's mini Ginza).

Now I have about 40 tags, which was accumulated over 2 months. In contrast, my US console which I sold off during the 3DS low-tide season, had only 28 tags over 6 months.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
T6e7r.png

Reactions: 5 people

MadHouse38

Trophies
XP
Country
Shame how in Serbia,i will be the only one with 3DS (at the game store,guy said there was big amount of people buying 3DS but i doubt they are gonna take it out for the street pass)

And how close do i need to be with them,to actually connect with them?

Jarathaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly off topic, but still street pass related. Can anyone explain to me how someone I met yesterday via street pass, has a plaza population of 444 with only 13 street pass tags?

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of it is because games like Mario Kart add a pile of Miis to your plaza w/o actually having to meet anyone in real life (after you go online with it).

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly off topic, but still street pass related. Can anyone explain to me how someone I met yesterday via street pass, has a plaza population of 444 with only 13 street pass tags?
Some online games invite the people you've played against to your plaza.

Jarathaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of it is because games like Mario Kart add a pile of Miis to your plaza w/o actually having to meet anyone in real life (after you go online with it).
Some online games invite the people you've played against to your plaza.

Oh, so that's how those Mii's showed up in my plaza! I played Heros of Ruin online the other day. (first time I went and played an online game) and a few days later I noticed a mii that was un-familiar. Thanks for the info.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pretty decent ammount of streetpasses, mostly due to being in airports, attending high school, and there is an anime con or 2 round san antonio.
I got over 100 streetpasses at san japan, almost all my puzzles are complete :D the only puzzles I have left to worry about is kirby's 20th annivarsary and NSMB2

loco365

Trophies
XP
Okay I managed a record yesterday. Mother dragged me to the doctor's office, and as she left, 2 kids, each with a 3DS walk in. 2 Streetpasses right there.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have about 10 street passes. 7 are from a anime/sci-fi convention I went to. The 3 others I got on 3 seperate times I played on it in the car.
But I leave my 3DS at home mostly, but I was planning to take my 3DS everywhere with me for the next month to see about how many people have a 3DS around the city I live in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: