StuKeeler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My parents have recently bought a Buffalo Just Store Desktop 1TB (code: HD-E1.0TU2-UK) on my recommendation to run backups on their softmodded Wii (done by me).

In cfg usbloader, the game covers are loaded from the drive but when I go to start a game, it just freezes at the games loading page on cfg loader, with the Wii DVD slot pulsing and I have to reboot the Wii.
I also tried to install a retail Disc to the hard drive and this did the same thing.

Having tried the hard drive on my Wii, and my hard drive (working) on their Wii, I have discovered it is definitely the hard drive causing the issues.

BUT...

the funny thing is that my hard drive is also a Buffalo external 1TB and have had no problems although it is from a couple of years back when they were called Buffalo Drivestation (HD-CE1.0TU2-EU) - have they changed the technology slightly and something is now causing a problem in the newer drives? Does the HD-CE make the difference?

Am I missing something I have to do to get it to work? Please advise.

It just seems weird that the drive lets cfg usbloader access it first of all (to see what games are there) but doesn't want to load the games themselves.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't help you with your specific problem, but I use a Buffalo Juststore 1TB, in fact I use this brand for all Mods that I've done for other people and have had no problems.

StuKeeler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Guardian said:
WBFS,NTFS, or FAT?
The hard drive is partitioned into approx 800GB FAT32 & 200GB NTFS. The wii games are on the FAT32 partition and it is marked as active.

Chop, can you confirm the just store drive has the same product code as mine - HD-E1.0TU2, thanks.

StuKeeler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chop said:
StuKeeler said:
Chop, can you confirm the just store drive has the same product code as mine - HD-E1.0TU2, thanks.

Yes it is, exactly the same.
Can you tell me if you have the full terabyte partition for cfg usb loader or if you have small partitions?

The reason I ask is that when discussing with ebuyer (where the drive was bought from) technical support, they said the 1TB drives were not compatible with the wii and need to partition into 200GB chunks. Personally I suspect this theory to be a little 'fabricated' to assist their needs!

I will test this myself tomorrow to see if it holds water, but seems an odd when my Buffalo drive works with an 800GB partition for wii games!

StuKeeler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zizer said:
if you format all drive fat32 after create new partition ntfs 200Gb it must work
I have tried the following combinations....
1TB FAT32 (Wii Games)
800GB FAT32 (Wii) / 200GB NTFS (Storage)
200GB FAT32 (Wii) / 800GB RAW (unformatted)

In every case, I get the same problem - the hard drive appears fine on the PC and loads into cfg usb loader fine, displaying the games that exist on the Wii partition, but trying to load them results in the pulsing disc slot and general inactivity!

I guess this hard drive is just incompatible with the Wii (even though the same serial number has been confirmed as working by Chop - Perhaps Buffalo have made a small change to the technology but kept the serial code the same?).

I am still open to any other suggestions if anyone thinks they have an answer!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(