Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
t4ils said:
@SuicidalPigeon : the game works on my supercard CF
wink.gif

apply dldi if you need to
I've tried but I'm still getting the "Fat init failed" screen. I think it's my card messing up though, it's been a bit dodgey lately
unsure.gif

IckleGothBoyThis just corrupted my SD card using a Supercard SD.
blink.gif
My card's still working...

Orillian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Played my way through till lvl 8 this morning! Very nice little game. Was thinking to make the crate pickup option more noticable have the gun vibrate or show a small effect when you are trying to use it like a gravity gun. that might make it easier for newbies to understand the shoot option. Please do not change the menu, it's fresh and new and it adds a nice twist. Game menu's usually suck, yours does not!

Still Alive est un jeu tres merveilleux.

O.

Kestol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work dude
yaynds.gif

One of my favorite NDS homebrews now...
Hope you will continue to work on this
grog.gif

Thx for the game
yaynds.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I quote someone from joystiq:

QUOTE said:
Urk, it looks okay until you try to use the clunky controls. The portal selection is irritating at best and the object pickup with the touchscreen misses half the time. Not to mention some of the level designs are just obnoxious.

I agree 100%

Sorry t4ils i just find it a awful, game

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
Prime said:
Sorry t4ils i just find it a awful, game

no problems, i can't satisfy everyone with my homebrew
smile.gif

still, i can say a few things :

Controls are what they are to be able to play left/right handed
then, because of using the stylus while playing, i can't map the right (left) hand buttons since you can't reach them
Finally, concerning the way of grabbing objects, you don't actually have to tap the screen, just hold the stylus on the object and move near it, it should work flawlessly

anyway, i'm working on an update which will :
- correct some issues
- extend the zone to grab an object by few pixels
- allow you to report a bad map through wifi
- be less strict on conditions to put a portal

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Level 16 was tough for me, but it's not 'that' tough...

Get all the bottom ones from the floor, get the left one, then the top left one.

After this, make portal on the floor and on the left side, jump over to the floor one from high with a box in your grabber, then shoot the box high enoguhto hit the top one.

Position the other 3 boxes like stairs (Hard to do if you don't shoot the second one HARD and direct into the first), jump over and shoot the last one from the top.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's certainly not an awful game. That's just silly. Not everyone may like it, but that's just down to taste. I think the level design is pretty good and I don't seem to have any problem lifting objects (I like the suggestion someone made earlier of showing that an object is lifted with some sort of graphical cue).

I do agree that the controls for shooting a portal are poorly designed, though. Maybe I'm not holding the DS right, but I find it really awkward trying to use the dpad, touchscreen and should button all at once. Also, I can never remember what color portal each button shoots. My suggestion for improving this situation would be to ditch buttons for shooting portals altogether and instead give the player some tuchscreen icons to choose whether they want to fire a blue or a yellow portal, then simply have them double tap on the touchscreen to fire the portal.

Alternatively (or maybe in addition), if using a button to fire the portal is preferred, I would still rather choose which color portal to shoot using the touchscreen and then when you shoot a portal with a button it creates that color of portal no matter what button you use.

Otherwise I think this is a great game. I've never played the Flash game it's based on, but it's a really fun and clever concept. Are the graphics original? They look like they've been resized to fit the DS.

...word is bondage...

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found an interesting glitch, if you set up 2 portals and keep flying through (to build momentum) and time it right, you will disappear if you place a portal facing downards (You fall through the bottom one, get stuck offscreen and stay in that 'second zone'. Weird...

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get it to boot on my M3 Real by using DSOrganize with the Chisim loader. It takes a few seconds but it does work.

That bit about the menu wasn't on the tutorial page on the official site when I checked it last night.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
I must really suck at this. I can fire a blue portal, but not a red portal. How does one fire a red portal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat