Steam is now refunding No Man's Sky even if you played it for over 2 hours

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Im gonna hope this game turns out like destiny (shit in the beginning and much better later on.) Seems im the only optimistic one:rolleyes:

Giving away your hard earned cash for a shit/incomplete tech demo and hoping for the best is not what I would call "optimistic"

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I might pick it up in a few months once it's at a realistic price like £2 in the bargain bin, cex is already overflowing with ps4 copies (seriously of about 20 rows of ps4 games 3 full rows are second hand copies of no mans sky)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I might pick it up in a few months once it's at a realistic price like £2 in the bargain bin, cex is already overflowing with ps4 copies (seriously of about 20 rows of ps4 games 3 full rows are second hand copies of no mans sky)
That's going to take a few years at best, whilst within months it can easily drop down to £14.99, £9.99, £7.99 or even £4.99. Battleborn lost its resale value extremely quickly but that happen due to bad timing (Overwatch won the battle between the two and some people --customers-- still get confused between the two cause of the art style).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That's going to take a few years at best, whilst within months it can easily drop down to £14.99, £9.99, £7.99 or even £4.99. Battleborn lost its resale value extremely quickly but that happen due to bad timing (Overwatch won the battle between the two and some people --customers-- still get confused between the two cause of the art style).
i predict second hand markets battling to shift all those copies they bought in no mans sky is easily beating FIFA14,15 in second hand shelf space, it does get to a point where shops would prefer to take the loss and get it shifted than be left with a inventory of 100 copies per store, i mean they have already reduced the buy in price to £9 selling price of £35, compared to blackops which is bought in for £9 and sold for £20..........which already shows cex really dont have much faith in shifting their existing copies and will only buy them in for cheap, they are just hoping to get some of their initial buy in money back by selling as many as possible for £35 before the inevitable drop to try get rid of the stock

but yeah the £2 in a few months was a bit of an exaggeration, but i would bet it would be down to the £7 mark before Christmas, i have only heard people trying to get rid of it asap to claw back money, there is no point clinging on to the hope someone will buy it for £35 when there is literally hundreds of people trying to shift it all at the same time driving down the price with nobody wanting to buy it because of all the negative press

Last edited by gamesquest1,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

i predict second hand markets battling to shift all those copies they bought in no mans sky is easily beating FIFA14,15 in second hand shelf space, it does get to a point where shops would prefer to take the loss and get it shifted than be left with a inventory of 100 copies per store, i mean they have already reduced the buy in price to £9 selling price of £35, compared to blackops which is bought in for £9 and sold for £20..........which already shows cex really dont have much faith in shifting their existing copies and will only buy them in for cheap, they are just hoping to get some of their initial buy in money back by selling as many as possible for £35 before the inevitable drop to try get rid of the stock

but yeah the £2 in a few months was a bit of an exaggeration, but i would bet it would be down to the £7 mark before Christmas, i have only heard people trying to get rid of it asap to claw back money, there is no point clinging on to the hope someone will buy it for £35 when there is literally hundreds of people trying to shift it all at the same time driving down the price with nobody wanting to buy it because of all the negative press

Damn. Kind of hard to believe they're only paying £9 and giving £14 credit, for comparison's sake, Sniper Elite V2 (Wii U ver.) has a resale value of £14 cash and £20 credit while being sold for £30 so it's quite clear No Man's Sky isn't selling very well at all (hence the absurdly low trade in values).

CeX is only worth using when you've got vouchers to make purchases cheaper otherwise.. go with a different retailer, plus, CeX usually charges more on the games they sell.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Damn. Kind of hard to believe they're only paying £9 and giving £14 credit, for comparison's sake, Sniper Elite V2 (Wii U ver.) has a resale value of £14 cash and £20 credit while being sold for £30 so it's quite clear No Man's Sky isn't selling very well at all (hence the absurdly low trade in values).

CeX is only worth using when you've got vouchers to make purchases cheaper otherwise.. go with a different retailer, plus, CeX usually charges more on the games they sell.
yeah, but its good for quickly seeing current supply/demand as they are usually pretty quick in adjusting to sudden influxes....but yeah i looked on ebay and some brand new sealed copies on for £20-25 and cex is hoping to get £35 for a used copy XD

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/0jb7vuzh3Xc?si=tYLCTavJ89a3Tdt0