Status of my Switch

benknackan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi,

I've been using sxos for years and now atmosphere too. Initially had sxos + autorcm. After switching to atmosphere never installed autorcm as I had trouble with it one time clawing my hair.

Anyway updated it last during winter / fall. Tried to get into RCM for 2+ hours then switched to another computer it worked fine.

Now updating again (turning off the switch before anything else). From atmosphere that was on firmware 15.0 to 16.03 I've done the usual steps and have trouble getting back into the switch.

MicroSD card is prepped. But getting into RCM will just not work no matter what cable / computer / combination i try (using a jig on right hand slot). But also the unit won't start with no MicroSD card inserted and just turning switch on.

What is the status of my unit? Is it just totally dead or what can I do?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just making sure, have you tried charging your switch for 24hrs+? Just in case the battery is seriously flat?

benknackan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So bought another unit and had issues with it too until changing USB cable. Quite possibly was the issue with first unit too, however I screwed off the right hand rail to replace that. Broke the connection thread, and got Y screwdriver with the replacement. But I can't get all the screws out and have destroyed the heads. Any suggestions to getting them out so I can replace the rail?

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So bought another unit and had issues with it too until changing USB cable. Quite possibly was the issue with first unit too, however I screwed off the right hand rail to replace that. Broke the connection thread, and got Y screwdriver with the replacement. But I can't get all the screws out and have destroyed the heads. Any suggestions to getting them out so I can replace the rail?
Super glue. Grab a small drill bit, put a dot of glue on the end that goes into the drill chuck. Put that on the screw head and hold it firmly for a minute or so until the glue dries. Once it dries, twist slowly.

Be careful not to use too much glue and be careful not to attach it to parts that don’t unscrew. You’ll need new screws, but those are cheap enough and you can get ones that aren’t “Y” shaped. You likely need them anyway.

If that doesn’t work, sometimes I’m able to get a #0 jewelers flathead into the center of the “Y” and with enough pressure you can make a new slot in the “Y” (or have just enough left to bite) and unscrew it that way. If you don’t have a #0 flathead, run up to the local pharmacy and grab an “eyeglass repair kit” for like $2 because they usually include one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.