Hardware standard (US) english keyboard laptops in canada?

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently own a laptop with an a8 4500m APU and it's getting long in the tooth. I'm hoping to get something that can do light steam gaming and emulation (preferably up to ps2/wii but would gladly settle for psx) BUT no matter what; it needs a real english keyboard. To this effect It seems like it's impossible to walk into a store and getting something that has this since Canada is all "Ooooh la la. mon ami needs un Bilingual keyboard no?" and proceeds to hand me something I simply cannot type on.

That being said any canadians have a suggestion? Do dell.ca laptops like this one come with the US keyboards? http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-1...7_ftsb_s111e&model_id=inspiron-15-3567-laptop for Everyone else; what are some easy to repair laptops that would allow me to replace the keyboard with little effort?

oh and what kinda specs would I need for said laptop in general? is a quad core super important or would a i5-6200u dual core be enough?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just set the keyboards to US as soon as i get it. You can ignore all the other letterrin because they will all have US lettering also. Far less hassle then trying to hunt a US model anyways. Plus if you say you're Canadian during setup it'll just give you the funky board anyways, only now you can't tell where everything is and are wondering why the hell the ' has become a weird letter.

J-Machine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unfortunately my typing method is what makes the bilingual keyboard interface useless to me. I need the enter and shift keys to be where I expect them to as I was unlucky enough to learn the almena method a good 22 years ago. I've seen some videos of how to replace dell keyboards and it seems easy enough. not fond of the $40 price tag to get a replacement but meh. Now I just need to find a dell that meets my spec needs

J-Machine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try that at a store tomorrow. I hope it's as easy as you say cause this laptop is running 90+c and has crashed to the point it needed a restore already. I do a lot of typing so worst case scenario i'd plug in an external keyboard I guess but I might get odd looks at work lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn