Stadia Connect July 14th roundup - Sekiro and Super Bomberman R coming to the platform

Google is back with a new Stadia Connect to remind you that they're keeping their service kicking. The free 1-month trial promotion for new users is still available, letting you stream titles like Destiny 2, Crayta, Monster Boy, Grid, PUBG, and more.

Click to Play is a new feature That YouTubers can include in their video descriptions, where you can click the link and instantly start playing whatever game they are, without installs or updates. The Premiere Edition of Stadia is "only" $99.99.

There are new games coming to the service. 2K Games is bringing 2K21, while Super Bomberman R Online is also going to be playable soon, and it integrates being able to play with people streaming the game on YouTube. Bombs and characters have cosmetics you can equip. Comes to Stadia this Autumn.

Dead by Daylight is also arriving on Stadia this September, where it too will have Stadia exclusive features, such as letting the crowd pick story options.

Elder Scrolls Online is now on Stadia. Crossplay with other launchers on PC.

Serious Sam 4 is going to be on Stadia at launch. Hello Neighbor Hide & Seek hits the platform in Holiday 2020, while the original launches September. Both will be free for Stadia Pro subscribers at launch.

One Hand Clapping is in early access and is available now.

Square Enix is bringing Outriders to Stadia.

FromSoft is bringing Sekiro to Stadia. 2020 Fall.

Hitman 1 and 2 arrive in September, while Hitman 3 launches January 2021.

Supermassive Games, Harmonix, and Uppercut Games are bringing their games to Stadia. More information will come later as to what they're putting on the platform, but for now, we get to learn that Outcasters is coming Fall 2020.

Only on Stadia is Robot Entertainment's Orcs Must Die 3. Playable for free with Stadia Pro.

That's a wrap.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tip my hat to @FanofFans. Cohesive counter arguments, no vernacular language, solid defense of a product against every one that came at you.
Bravo for a barrage of decent retorts. We need more people like you around here.

Reactions: FanofFans

Nostalgia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unpopular opinion:
The fanboyism and echo-chamber-banwagon-mentality here is real. I'm using the trial for stadia, and it is actually really good. No lag, no spikes, no frame issues, nothing. The only issue right now for me is the lack of games, and the need to have the chromecast and the stadia contorller to play on the TV. Sure the fact that it's only online and that if the service fails, I lose my game, worries me alot. But those are really my only gripes. If you have decent internet the service is actually good and the games run well. But I suppose people like to hate on things just to hate. Don't knock it until you try it. And if it doesn't run well for you then your internet sucks and you've made your decision. That's fine. But with decent internet it runs practically flawlessly in my experience.
reading this was hilarious

stadia is a fucking trash fire, and you wasted money on it

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unpopular opinion:
The fanboyism and echo-chamber-banwagon-mentality here is real. I'm using the trial for stadia, and it is actually really good. No lag, no spikes, no frame issues, nothing. The only issue right now for me is the lack of games, and the need to have the chromecast and the stadia contorller to play on the TV. Sure the fact that it's only online and that if the service fails, I lose my game, worries me alot. But those are really my only gripes. If you have decent internet the service is actually good and the games run well. But I suppose people like to hate on things just to hate. Don't knock it until you try it. And if it doesn't run well for you then your internet sucks and you've made your decision. That's fine. But with decent internet it runs practically flawlessly in my experience.
you can defend it all you want but the truth is and we all know this. it's going to end up like the ouya because the games it provides are a joke. look at that list it's pathetic to a gamer just more playstore, OLD GAMES and shovelware there's no real good games to attract serious gamers.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

FanofFans

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
you can defend it all you want but the truth is and we all know this. it's going to end up like the ouya because the games it provides are a joke. look at that list it's pathetic to a gamer just more playstore, OLD GAMES and shovelware there's no real good games to attract serious gamers.
I'm not arguing that point. If you've actually taken the time to read what I've written, you'd read that that's a huge thing I hate about Stadia. I'm defending Stadia where it needs to be defended from closed-minded idiots who argue without having all the information, who argue just to fulfill their ignorant bias, when in reality, they've got no clue as to what they're even talking about, and probably haven't even tried it on a decent connection. I'm not, and have not dismissed the negatives. Hell, I've even openly stated the negatives and agree with you there. But of cpurse, you just want to stick to your guns and read past that so that your view of me can confirm your bias... I'm arguing against the blatant, and very prevelant bias and fanboyism here, in which they try and argue with no substance, and only argue out of ignorance and hatered. They're idiots. Idiots like that instantly go on my ignore list. They're immature and closed-minded.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

reading this was hilarious

stadia is a fucking trash fire, and you wasted money on it
I wasted no money on it, got my game for free, and you're just a biased idiot who hasn't even tried it. You're a child. Ignored.

Last edited by FanofFans,
Reactions: smilodon

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not arguing that point. If you've actually taken the time to read what I've written, you'd read that that's a huge thing I hate about Stadia. I'm defending Stadia where it needs to be defended from closed-minded idiots who argue without having all the information, who argue just to fulfill their ignorant bias, when in reality, they've got no clue as to what they're even talking about, and probably haven't even tried it on a decent connection. I'm not, and have not dismissed the negatives. Hell, I've even openly stated the negatives and agree with you there. But of cpurse, you just want to stick to your guns and read past that so that your view of me can confirm your bias... I'm arguing against the blatant, and very prevelant bias and fanboyism here, in which they try and argue with no substance, and only argue out of ignorance and hatered. They're idiots. Idiots like that instantly go on my ignore list. They're immature and closed-minded.

I wasted no money on it, got my game for free, and you're just a biased idiot who hasn't even tried it. You're a child. Ignored.

Shadow is still a better service tho. A VM will always be more versatile than some premade list of games.

Nostalgia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Who told you i haven't tried it? why did you come to that conclusion?

Reactions: Pickle_Rick

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's shadow? Sounds cool!
Basically a full "cloud" or remote desktop. Here's their home page https://shadow.tech/

I've not tried it but with this you should be able to use mods, or basically anything you could do with a normal PC. Seems nice, as long as you have a stable internet connection.

Edit: and if you purchase PC games with your account (Steam, EGS, etc) they will still be on your account after you stop using Shadow. So you could download them to your own PC later.

Last edited by TheCasualties,
Reactions: Pickle_Rick

FanofFans

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Basically a full "cloud" or remote desktop. Here's their home page https://shadow.tech/

I've not tried it but with this you should be able to use mods, or basically anything you could do with a normal PC. Seems nice, as long as you have a stable internet connection.

Edit: and if you purchase PC games with your account (Steam, EGS, etc) they will still be on your account after you stop using Shadow. So you could download them to your own PC later.
Whoa that's awesome! Thank you for letting me know! I'l look into it! Sounds neat!

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bomberman R Online looked interesting, Sekiro is als nice (I will finaly be able to play it) and we finaly get sone of the features that where announced during the innitial presentation - half a year after the launch but better now than never.

Hate all you want against Stadia but it is still a better solution for me than to invest 400€+ into a ps4/xbox one/gaming pc just to play the few games that won‘t run on my machine.

Especially since it runs realy well for me, even Thumper is playable, and that requires quick reflexes (but got a higher timing window in the Stadia release...at least it feels easier than on the Switch).

And I still don‘t get the hate. You don‘t like Stadia or it does not run well for you? Then don‘t use it.
People here are almost behaving like they are forced to use the service and can‘t accept that there are use cases for Stadia.
Ofc if I had a high end gaming PC I would buy everything in steam/gog/egs - but not everyone has the luxury of owning a high end PC or a current gen console. Crazy hu?

Reactions: FanofFans

FanofFans

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bomberman R Online looked interesting, Sekiro is als nice (I will finaly be able to play it) and we finaly get sone of the features that where announced during the innitial presentation - half a year after the launch but better now than never.

Hate all you want against Stadia but it is still a better solution for me than to invest 400€+ into a ps4/xbox one/gaming pc just to play the few games that won‘t run on my machine.

Especially since it runs realy well for me, even Thumper is playable, and that requires quick reflexes (but got a higher timing window in the Stadia release...at least it feels easier than on the Switch).

And I still don‘t get the hate. You don‘t like Stadia or it does not run well for you? Then don‘t use it.
People here are almost behaving like they are forced to use the service and can‘t accept that there are use cases for Stadia.
Ofc if I had a high end gaming PC I would buy everything in steam/gog/egs - but not everyone has the luxury of owning a high end PC or a current gen console. Crazy hu?
It's just immaturity and blind hate. They haven't even tried it, (and if they had, they used really crappy internet to do so) and people just like to hate just to hate. It's the same immaturity as the call of duty/fortnite/minecraft hate-bandwagon situation. If you have a decent enough connection to run it, then it runs perfectly. If you don't, it'll run like shit. But you cannot say it doesn't run well and runs like garbage if it's your connection (which is is if it runs terribly. It's really well optimized). That's not to say it doesn't have its issues. The serious lack of games is a big bummer, along with the need for constant internet, but I think the biggest con is the fact that the future of it is unpredictable. So those games bought could end up being gone for good if Google decides to pull a Google. I'm not discounting those cons, and they ARE really big negatives, and they worry me as well.
But as far as the blind hate, and the children who are bashing Stadia's performance, it's just idiots who are hating blindly, and have no clue what to talk about. They're just bashing it to bash on what is popular to hate. They are children. That's all there is to it... It doesn't run poorly if they have a decent connection. These people like to hate on things that are popular to hate on. It's literal immaturity from those idiots

Last edited by FanofFans,
Reactions: Kadji

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
It's just immaturity and blind hate. They haven't even tried it, (and if they had, they used really crappy internet to do so) and people just like to hate just to hate. It's the same immaturity as the call of duty/fortnite/minecraft hate-bandwagon situation. If you have a decent enough connection to run it, then it runs perfectly. If you don't, it'll run like shit. But you cannot say it doesn't run well and runs like garbage if it's your connection (which is is if it runs terribly. It's really well optimized). That's not to say it doesn't have its issues. The serious lack of games is a big bummer, along with the need for constant internet, but I think the biggest con is the fact that the future of it is unpredictable. So those games bought could end up being gone for good if Google decides to pull a Google. I'm not discounting those cons, and they ARE really big negatives, and they worry me as well.
But as far as the blind hate, and the children who are bashing Stadia's performance, it's just idiots who are hating blindly, and have no clue what to talk about. They're just bashing it to bash on what is popular to hate. They are children. That's all there is to it... It doesn't run poorly if they have a decent connection. These people like to hate on things that are popular to hate on. It's literal immaturity from those idiots
I don't usually get involved in these kinds of arguments, especially when they've gotten to the name-calling stages, but input latency is kind of my wheelhouse. As someone who has investigated latency extensively over the past few years, as well as most frequently plays reaction-based action games, it's hard imagine a perspective where 10 full frames of input latency under heavily optimized conditions (as per the digital foundry video) is a "negligible" or "unnoticable" amount of lag. From testing, I can say that anything around 6 frames (/60fps), or a tenth of a second, makes just about every game of every genre feel gross to control, but more than that, it can fundamentally break even the least taxing of action games. Hell, even the 5 frames of latency on most Switch games really makes them feel very noticeably worse. Forget something as precision-based as Sekiro, just playing retro platformers via the emulation of the time with 6-7 frames of latency was enough to remove just about every bit of fun from the games for me, even back when I didn't understand what was causing the games to feel so bad. For a game as demanding as Sekiro to be given not only 6 frames of latency, but TEN under the best conditions? More if you don't want to go through the steps that DF took in their video? It's a nightmare, especially considering that the Stadia "console" is technically running slightly modified PC versions of these games; games that will get less than a third of console (PS4/Xbone) latency played on a local PC, not to mention the massive gap when compared to Stadia.

You aren't strictly "wrong" if you personally don't feel a difference with that amount of latency in that I don't doubt that your described experience is genuine, but said latency doesn't suddenly become "negligible" for everyone else just because you personally found it so, and I don't think it's legitimate to dismiss the experiences of those who criticize Stadia based on latency as being from "immature" or "bandwagonning idiots." People have a lot of experience with latency, both from input lag being a commonly known metric for many games and consoles as well as the fact that modern-gen consoles are among the laggiest platforms gaming has known so far. For anyone who has played both a SNES and an XBone, they'll be familiar with how 6 frames, or 10 frames, or 2 frames of latency feel when compared to each other, since they've experienced all of those. Again, in my own experience playing and measuring input lag, 6 frames alone makes games feel incredibly wishy-washy, unresponsive, sticky, and gross to control. More importantly, having such a massive breadth of time between input and action makes for a high probability of the player being punished for something they reacted to in time in reality, but the game didn't react quickly enough. Make that 6 become 10+ and it just exacerbates the problem even more to a point of being unplayable. Again, just because you don't feel it, doesn't mean it's not there, and it certainly doesn't mean that people are fabricating the problem out of a childish vendetta against a product or brand. As someone who plays action games primarily, let me assure you that latency is EXTREMELY noticeable in not only games like Sekiro but even simple platformers, and if you're able to actually see when a game is punishing you for something you did wrong as opposed to punishing you because the game didn't take your input in time, which isn't very difficult to notice for anyone who plays action games enough, it fundamentally breaks the concept of fair-yet-punishing game design, and ruins the experience. I can't see latency as an illegitimate complaint, as it's a phenomenon that impacts game design on the most basic level, and if you're able to pay attention to every in-game interaction, latency becomes a four letter word.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, your experience is the same as everyone else, google servers are equally distributed around every single user.

Even if someone has a great connection, there are physical limitations set by their distance to google's servers, you can't overcome those, they are ruled by the laws of physics.

Last edited by Edgarska,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017