endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
What a dick move. Whatever their motive, it's so mean to not only wait 5 months to respond to the thousands of angry reviews but also to drop support entirely once they finally do respond. You just don't do that.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What a dick move. Whatever their motive, it's so mean to not only wait 5 months to respond to the thousands of angry reviews but also to drop support entirely once they finally do respond. You just don't do that.

Because it's much better to make false promises instead? Or promises based on inaccurate information or an incomplete overview of just exactly how much time/effort/money it'll take to fix it (probably with a 'just how much money would we still earn by releasing it' calculation for good measurement)?

It sure sucks, but be honest here. If the reviews are so important, why do people still buy a broken game despite thousands of those reviews hating it? And you know well that any response in the trend of "we're working on it" or a progress report would be considered a blood oath by those same "reviewers". Sometimes it's best to say nothing at all.
(they should've dropped it from the store sooner, though)

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It sure sucks, but be honest here. If the reviews are so important, why do people still buy a broken game despite thousands of those reviews hating it?
Either because they didn't read the reviews or they did read the reviews but expected a fix soon, as it was promised by SE per app description.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was literally an easy fix for this, a 5 year old could do it and they refused to do the patch that was needed I honestly hate SE that much, you can get the cracked version and apply the patch yourself to run on iOS 8+

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks at least you can play the original via emulation. Really WEWY was as great overlooked ds game
It really wasnt overlooked. It received fairly decent reviews and at one point a strong following. Definitely deserved its praise.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there was literally an easy fix for this, a 5 year old could do it and they refused to do the patch that was needed I honestly hate SE that much, you can get the cracked version and apply the patch yourself to run on iOS 8+
And what exactly did said patch DO? Like I said earlier, if it changes the app and ONLY the app, then yeah, lazy SE. If it changed something in iOS itself or anything that normal apps can't touch, it doesn't mean shit.
And if this is the patch you meant: http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/2k4jbs/possible_fix_for_apps_that_use_the_hardcoded
Read the explanation there. The "fix" involves moving iOS filesystem folders around - something normal apps could never do. And since apparently all file access is broken if they used hardcoded paths, fixing it the proper way would probably be a ton of work.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks at least you can play the original via emulation. Really WEWY was as great overlooked ds game
OVERLOOKED? I clearly remember the sound of fapping the game caused to "le kool kids" in the forums. It was one of the three DS games they kept talking about for years as the son of God descended on Earth (the other two were Osu DS and JUS). If you ask an Otaku, or if you don't, he will tell you how great these three games are blahblah yaddayadda

Reactions: endoverend

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OVERLOOKED? I clearly remember the sound of fapping the game caused to "le kool kids" in the forums. It was one of the three DS games they kept talking about for years as the son of God descended on Earth (the other two were Osu DS and JUS). If you ask an Otaku, or if you don't, he will tell you how great these three games are blahblah yaddayadda

"le kool kids"? ROFL, what is that expression?! :rofl2:

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
And what exactly did said patch DO? Like I said earlier, if it changes the app and ONLY the app, then yeah, lazy SE. If it changed something in iOS itself or anything that normal apps can't touch, it doesn't mean shit.
And if this is the patch you meant: http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/2k4jbs/possible_fix_for_apps_that_use_the_hardcoded
Read the explanation there. The "fix" involves moving iOS filesystem folders around - something normal apps could never do. And since apparently all file access is broken if they used hardcoded paths, fixing it the proper way would probably be a ton of work.
Read the thread again. These SE programmers are just retarded. Fixing hardcoded paths in your App should be a couple of search and replace operations. These paths are still there in iOS8, just in different locations. Lazy programming is to blame for that and the fix isn't more than a couple hours work, if you want to do it right. A couple of minutes for quick & dirty.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Huh, looks like you were hanging on the same Italian forum as me back then.

Ugh.

Reactions: Vipera

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Huh, looks like you were hanging on the same Italian forum as me back then.
Ugh.

But was it a good game?
I remember trying to play it back in the day when it was worshiped like some masterpiece, but for some reason it just didn't click for me.
Should I give it a second chance?
I even remember some Spanish guys that went out of their way and made a full dub of the game that looked even kind of professional, so much was the worshiping.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But was it a good game?
I remember trying to play it back in the day when it was worshiped like some masterpiece, but for some reason it just didn't click for me.
Should I give it a second chance?
I even remember some Spanish guys that went out of their way and made a full dub of the game that looked even kind of professional, so much was the worshiping.
Good, yes.
Best game ever for DS? Nope, not by a long mile.

It had a massive following back then as it was a weeaboo's wet dream: Jpop everywhere, lolis and Tokyo/Shibuya.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, yes.
Best game ever for DS? Nope, not by a long mile.

It had a massive following back then as it was a weeaboo's wet dream: Jpop everywhere, lolis and Tokyo/Shibuya.

I really don't see how the cancellation of a botched IOS port is seen as a bad thing. It's Square Enix, the king of botched ports (and rushed ports, FF7 and FF8 Steam anyone?), not surprising, really

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really don't see how the cancellation of a botched IOS port is seen as a bad thing. It's Square Enix, the king of botched ports (and rushed ports, FF7 and FF8 Steam anyone?), not surprising, really
Actually the TWEWY iOS port was quite good. I was playing it before switching over to Android.

Chrono Trigger iOS on the other hand was a total insult.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so...