Spyware/Adware/Virus/Trojan/Rootkit/Keylogger Removal Guide

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... my IE9 install's a bit borked. Need to reinstall it, something happened and it doesn't appear in the programs menu.

On top of this its sent some spam to my mates from my default mail account in Windows Live MAil just this morning AND on top of that I have a load of stuff about it trying to send data to old contacts hat must have since deleted their e-mails. and disconcertingly one I don't recognise [email protected]
Since this infection has stepped up malware bytes bight catch this part of it.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Can get to it but not sure what I'm looking for. Even then, I'm getting this in FireFox, not IE. Have started Firefox in safe mode with no change.

In all my searches I keep coming up with the TDSS rootkit. But my PC has none of the files characteristic of it (looking through on Linux where files should all be visible regardless) Have run Kaspersky's TDSS killer with nothing returned. So yeah, I dunno wtf is going on.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Update: Appear to have gotten rid of the main redirect issue.
Ran a scan with Prevx which found an infected .dll but refused to remove it. THen ran Hitman Pro which had a free 30 day trial allowing me to remove it, along with a biajillion crummy tracking cookies.

Bad news: My Windows Security Centre Service is refusing to start, though firewall is running (checked the services) and Avast has not been starting automatically on boot. Just reinstalled Avast in the hope that it might reset itself and without the DLL there not change back but I can't really do the same with the security centre service, can I?
Edit: Nevermind FIXED IT!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*