Gaming Spyro 3 on PSP

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started playing Spyro 3 on PSP (via an official Sony psone classic port). Problem is there is no sound in certain scenes. For instance I walk up to Moneybags and start a conversation and only get the closed caption text (with no audio). I know there was audio in the PSX version. I'm just curious why the PSP version features audio taken away.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably down to your firmware causing incompatibilities.

No problems of this sort appear to be common on the Gamefaqs board either.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably down to your firmware causing incompatibilities.

No problems of this sort appear to be common on the Gamefaqs board either.

I'm on 6.60 pro b-10. Is it possible new firmware like that would cause audio problems?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's potentially possible that problems can be introduced into PSN games which are played on a firmware different to that available during release.

My best suggestion would be to grab the PSX image, convert it to an eboot yourself and then play it with popsloader at the ready. Plus people seem to prefer the Greatest Hits music which isn't on the PSN version.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's potentially possible that problems can be introduced into PSN games which are played on a firmware different to that available during release.

My best suggestion would be to grab the PSX image, convert it to an eboot yourself and then play it with popsloader at the ready. Plus people seem to prefer the Greatest Hits music which isn't on the PSN version.

Ahh that's where another problem lies. About two years ago I download the PSX version off a very popular site (lets just say the site is an absolute paradise of gaming). Problem is there was some sort of problem with the file that caused item counts to be incorrectly altered midway through (a problem reported by other users). I don't know if you happen to know of a source with a confirmed 100 percent error free version but if you do and could PM me the link I would really appreciate it. It's absolutely one of my favorite PSX games of all time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!