Spoof language from another region?

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New question regarding Nintendo Badge Arcade:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/spoof-language-from-another-region.613549/post-9854123

Old post:
Like many North American 3DS, mine has language options for English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.

Let's say I've installed an EU-region game that supports some other languages, like German and Italian. Is there any way to spoof my language settings to run the game in one of those?

Last edited by HelpTheWretched,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: impeeza

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to know if either:
1. There is some Luma3DS setting that needs to be changed as well?
2. If the CFW has outdated this 5-year-old app's functionality?

In other words, it didn't work for me. :unsure: (yes I checked that the locales folder exists)
Did u enable game patching in luma config?

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did u enable game patching in luma config?
Sure did. I've always got it on, these day.

Maybe I'm missing something in the app itself? I select "Titles", find the game's name and use the titleid to confirm it's the correct version, select a Region and Language for it, then back out, select "Choose Locales Directory" and then the first option. Done and exit.

For reference, I'm trying to play EU A Link Between Worlds in German and Italian.

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got this working, FYI. Not sure if it was because I left the Region on "System Default" or because I changed the locales directory to "SD:/luma/titles/" but at least one of those worked. ^_^ Thanks again for the help.

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I've just changed the subject and OP into a new question.

Does anybody know if locale spoofing would allow one to play Nintendo Badge Arcade with another region's lineup of badge catchers? There are a bunch of exclusive catchers, especially in the Japanese version. Or, maybe this could be done simply by installing a CIA from another region, no locale spoofing needed?

Some follow-up questions would include: Can you get daily free plays for each region? Do all regions' badges go into the same collection?

I play Badge Arcade regularly and would not enjoy getting banned for attempting a stunt like that. Just hoping that someone might have a better idea how this works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol