[SPOILER] Times Reveal Miyamoto's Project for Wii U

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People play them last I heard. The same could be asked about Pokemon.

No, not really.

Star Fox is not nearly as large a franchise as Pokemon. Not by a long shot.

Plus Star Fox has arguably had... two good games? Out of 5? There's the original, Star Fox 64 (which I'm not a fan of), Star Fox Adventures (which no one liked), Star Fox Assault (again, no one liked), and Star Fox Command (again, no one liked).

It's not the BELOVED CLASSIC FRANCHISE everyone makes it out to be.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not that i wouldn't greet it redeeming itself to become another good franchise you can only find on nintendo. but its just such a niche series. space shooters... theres so little happening there. very repetitive, its a genre that belongs into arcades and has hardly any place here anymore. now maybe if it got a cool and good multiplayer mode... maybe... but i dont know.

i mean i get there are some people who like these games, i'm not ignorant. same as there are people who play survival horror games.
but its just not a lot of people. add to that how the characters in this series aren't exactly beloved on the same level as mario or pikachu or something. if it wasnt for smash bros, I'd say the world would've forgotten about fox mccloud and falco and etc a long time ago. maybe crystal cause many people liked to jack off to her, but other than that?

D

Deleted User

No, not really.

Plus Star Fox has arguably had... two good games? Out of 5? There's the original, Star Fox 64 (which I'm not a fan of), Star Fox Adventures (which no one liked), Star Fox Assault (again, no one liked), and Star Fox Command (again, no one liked).

Star Fox Adventures Wasnt That Bad

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I loved the hell out of Star Fox 64, i'm not too interested in a WiiU Star Fox, considering they screwed the series on gamecube.

Also this isn't a spoiler. You can't spoil a god damn game announcement, really?
People find the STRANGEST things to be butthurt over.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Star Fox Adventures Wasnt That Bad

Stairfax Temperatures wasn't even a Star Fox game to begin with - it was a game in an advanced state of development that had Nintendo characters transplanted into it "because Miyamoto", hence the modest amount of canonical themes, characters and vehicles. ;)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Stairfax Temperatures wasn't even a Star Fox game to begin with - it was a game in an advanced state of development that had Nintendo characters transplanted into it "because Miyamoto", hence the modest amount of canonical themes, characters and vehicles. ;)

Stairfax Temperatures > Star Fox Command; that game really, really sucked and was just not fun at all. I'd rather not have the next Star Fox be like that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope they kinda refine the Star Fox Assault multiplayer or something. Star Fox always had the environment to make a really good multiplayer game. I mean it has aircraft, tanks, and furries "characters". Imagine cramming all that into a city a la Battlefield. The games have always seemed a bit too basic to me, I'd like to see them expand it with a bunch of new mechanics and try something completely different for the franchise. Keep the characters, keep the aesthetic, keep the aerial theme, but maybe stray away from "rail shooter and then boss fight."

Besides Sin and Punishment (both games) are much better than any of the Star Fox games in terms of rail shooters.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have to agree with Guild on this. The first star fox was great because of the music, the characters and the graphics (for its time), but it hasn't kept up with the times. And come to think of it: yes...the Sin & punishment games were indeed much better in this regard.
So just hearing about a star fox isn't exactly getting me excited. Other franchises work better if they stay close to what made them great. Here, I'd say it would work better if they just rebooted the franchise so much that not much more than the characters remain.

Truthfully, I'm more interested in those other two projects. The project names may not sound like much, but we all know what a lame working name like "jumpman" ended up like.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not really.

thats like saying kid icarus didnt need a new game, it had like, 2 games? was dormant for 21 years.

yeah it doesnt need new game because its not a beloved classic franchise.

perfect sense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: