Gaming Splatoon's out, and here's the pics and info!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am literally wet with envy!
Seriously I have another 3 hours to wait to get my copy! >.<
Is your GS opening at midnight? Not mine. Have to wait unti 10am. This is like Christmas Eve in May for my boys. They can't settle down tonight.

Guess I could have gone with Wally World, but it gets scary there at night. That's when the mutants shop.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is your GS opening at midnight? Not mine. Have to wait unti 10am. This is like Christmas Eve in May for my boys. They can't settle down tonight.

Guess I could have gone with Wally World, but it gets scary there at night. That's when the mutants shop.

Nah, it should be out in Wal*Mart at Midnight, but our night shift sucks. So I will be picking it up in the morning

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Very few shooters have online co-op.
Actually, most shooters have some level of coop, whether it be through party play in multiplayer, or specifically designed coop challenges and modes (like CoD Zombies).

It isn't as if cooperative play is limited to a single definition of working side by side with another player directly on an otherwise single player campaign or coop specific challenges.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Actually, most shooters have some level of coop, whether it be through party play in multiplayer, or specifically designed coop challenges and modes (like CoD Zombies).

It isn't as if cooperative play is limited to a single definition of working side by side with another player directly on an otherwise single player campaign or coop specific challenges.

Doh, I was thinking local online co-op, like 2 people on the same system playing online in the same team.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Maps are on a 4 hour rotation. Didn't you hear? 2 maps at a time for 4 hours each.
That is so dumb. I guess it's a way to deal with the fact that they rushed to release the game, so it has exceptionally few maps for what is basically an exclusively multiplayer title (at least for now), but this can really bone some people based on when they can play and what maps they actually enjoy playing. I hope for those that actually buy this game that once more maps come out, this ridiculous map rotation idea is dropped.

There are no good reasons to limit the amount of already limited content that your players have access to.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that's really a shitty move. :(

Well, presumably it's due to having so few maps (only 5 at launch) to prevent them from getting stale. Rumor going around is they are going to bump it up to 3 maps per rotation once more are added.

That is so dumb. I guess it's a way to deal with the fact that they rushed to release the game, so it has exceptionally few maps for what is basically an exclusively multiplayer title (at least for now), but this can really bone some people based on when they can play and what maps they actually enjoy playing. I hope for those that actually buy this game that once more maps come out, this ridiculous map rotation idea is dropped.

There are no good reasons to limit the amount of already limited content that your players have access to.

Well, AFAIK, a bit later when they start releasing more content, there's going to be a custom mode, where (IIRC) you should be able to choose which map to play on. And rumor has it that they are going to bump it up to three per rotation.

But I agree, 2 per 4 hours is a bit lame. Playing the test fire, I'd have no problems with it if it were on an hour rotation. 4 hours seems to be pushing it.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, presumably it's due to having so few maps (only 5 at launch) to prevent them from getting stale. Rumor going around is they are going to bump it up to 3 maps per rotation once more are added.

Limiting it to 1-2 maps for 4 hours is even worse because at that point there's literally no variety at all.

Nintendo released a beta game which wasn't ready for a retail release. *smh*

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
My internet must be awful despite using a LAN adapter because the game is almost unplayable with the lag I receive.

Players I kill still fire off shots and cover ground for 5 seconds after I kill them. Ghost players killing me were like 90% of my deaths. And my ink wont cover the ground some matches for up to 30 seconds.

:(

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My internet must be awful despite using a LAN adapter because the game is almost unplayable with the lag I receive.

Players I kill still fire off shots and cover ground for 5 seconds after I kill them. Ghost players killing me were like 90% of my deaths. And my ink wont cover the ground some matches for up to 30 seconds.

Oh no, it´s starting...the lag hell... :wtf:

D

Deleted User

I feel like it will be dropped eventually. I hate the idea, too, and I'm pretty sure there are way more people who hate it aswell.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013
D

Deleted User

Nintendo Primitive Online Service ftw!

Now seriously, it would be so MUCH better if they'd drop that bs restriction the maps have per each four hours I'd enjoy it a bit more.

I guess it'd be sort of okay if you were good at every single map, or just enjoyed playing on all the maps.
Although, for a Nintendo fanboy that defends everything Nintendo does, then it'd probably be fine.

Reactions: Kafke

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I guess it'd be sort of okay if you were good at every single map, or just enjoyed playing on all the maps.
Although, for a Nintendo fanboy that defends everything Nintendo does, then it'd probably be fine.
Being that I'm disappointed with the game's limitations I might just not play it for a while, in hope Nintendo removes this absurd restriction of maps per 4 hours.

Mario Kart 8 would've been pretty boring and repetitive too if it only had 5 or less maps.

Reactions: Deleted User

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Dunno what to tell you, other than having watched a stream last night of someone playing the game, and the streamer had no issues.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You played longer! No YOU played longer!

Well I had to step in and create a one hour on, one hour off schedule for the rugrats. They seem to love it and have not complained about any lag yet and I am wireless right now. Can't wait for them to go to bed tonight so I can get a chance to play. :)

GS had one 3 pack of the Amiibos left so picked that up this morning and will return the boy and girl individual Amiibos when they arrive from Wally World. So let's see how deep I am here. $59.99 for game, $12.14 Prima game guide (to keep the other rugrat occupied while waiting for his turn) $34.99 for Amiibos. $9.76 sales tax. $107.12, but GS saved me $2.85 Today! Thanks GS!

So what do you guys think I should do? Kick them off and make them watch Alpha Dad play or be a push over and just let them have at it?

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!