Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ubsunkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say that those hacks should not be released, to anyone. The Splatoon mods have been very good, as there aren't many that make the matches unfair. Unless it doesn't affect the weapon inkage or the properties of the weapon, then don't release them please.

seresaa

Resa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say that those hacks should not be released, to anyone. The Splatoon mods have been very good, as there aren't many that make the matches unfair. Unless it doesn't affect the weapon inkage or the properties of the weapon, then don't release them please.
This thread is a ticking time bomb

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Atleast Ninty will ban them. So they can get into the HELL OF BANS! :tpi:
I mean, they ae busier to ban people in saltoon instead of people in MK8

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We're enforcing the "no dirty stuff"-rule on discord, and I guess we should do it here too. For the sake of consistency and my sanity.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone here know what specific ports Splatoon's online multiplayer uses?
(Sorry if my answer doesn't really works)

I guess Nintendo uses different ports for Splatoon online multiplayer from their other games (SSB4, MK8) as when there's maintenance for games like MK8 , SSB4 , etc. usually is the whole Wii U servers. And when Splatoon gets a maintenance is only for that game, so maybe there's specific servers for Splatoon?

May sound stupid. Im sorry

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry if my answer doesn't really works)

I guess Nintendo uses different ports for Splatoon online multiplayer from their other games (SSB4, MK8) as when there's maintenance for games like MK8 , SSB4 , etc. usually is the whole Wii U servers. And when Splatoon gets a maintenance is only for that game, so maybe there's specific servers for Splatoon?

May sound stupid. Im sorry
Yeah, there are specific Splatoon servers, which is why I want the specific Splatoon ports, so that my router can focus specifically on Splatoon instead of trying to encompass all game servers.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, there are specific Splatoon servers, which is why I want the specific Splatoon ports, so that my router can focus specifically on Splatoon instead of trying to encompass all game servers.
Oh! Then im sorry i cannot help you at that u.u

Ninty keeps that kind of info. really confidential (obviously duh) and i don't really think IOSU-Senpai can help to check those ports

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! Then im sorry i cannot help you at that u.u

Ninty keeps that kind of info. really confidential (obviously duh) and i don't really think IOSU-Senpai can help to check those ports
They recommend ports 1-65535 (which is a large number of ports) which won't make much of a difference at all.

I think there's a way to log packets sent to the Splatoon servers (which is how we know that there are actual servers) that may display the ports, but I don't know how to perform this.

Espozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope I'm not interrupting this conversation about what server Splatoon uses (resume anyway if I am) but I was wondering something...

So I'm guessing that no one is going to be eager to tell me if the initial jump velocity is hardcoded or is a parameter? It's odd though, the velocity from moving on the ground doesn't seem to carry over to being in the air. I wouldn't dare using this online (publically anyway. Can you banned for doing it in Private Battle with a friend?), and I don't need the filenames discussed, I understand you people don't want everyone messing around, which is why I'd understand if I weren't told if this were possible. The other odd thing though is how hard it is to stop your momentum doesn't seem to be a parameter either.

They recommend ports 1-65535
So, basically, you got the whole thing to look through:

Wikipedia said:
A port is identified for each address and protocol by a 16-bit number
What do you need the port number anyway? (To be honest, I have no clue what it really even is. My knowledge of any hardware later than 1990 is severely lacking.)

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you banned for doing it in Private Battle with a friend?
Yeah, any hacks that actual modify code like weapons will net you a ban.
What do you need the port number anyway?
For port forwarding. Basically ports at like specific locations on the internet, and setting your settings to specific ports help minimize lag.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even in any of the offline areas of the game, if you're connected to the internet? (Testing range, Battle Dojo, Octo Valley)
Pretty sure its safe there, a good precaution is to turn off your internet as you start Splatoon, or disconnect your WiiU from the internet while you're doing it.

Reactions: Espozo

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even in any of the offline areas of the game, if you're connected to the internet? (Testing range, Battle Dojo, Octo Valley)
A lot of the banning or at least reporting seems to be automated and occuring as soon as your client connects to other clients which can confirm a desync. So from what is gatherable (only example is geckomaptester) it seems to be safe in privates battles, given that EVERYONE uses the exact same hacks. Then again i wouldn't want to be quoted on this since actual filemodification could be a whole other Story from level IDs

- Quick and Dirty with TT -

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendo doesn't use specific servers for Splatoon, all first-party Nintendo games and many other ones use NEX and the NEX server system, you could see it as the wfc for WiiU.

This is and will also be the case for 3DS and NX.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendo doesn't use specific servers for Splatoon, all first-party Nintendo games and many other ones use NEX and the NEX server system, you could see it as the wfc for WiiU.

This is and will also be the case for 3DS and NX.
Except for that the Portrange is another one from the others, which was the initial Problem and which is right, could however be just the external port of the U for whatever totally useless reason.

Splat_Red

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that those aren't released, I don't want tons of hackers running around. The current public hacks are good enough, they are mostly cosmetic so they don't ruin the game, but those hacks would seriously downgrade Splatoon's experience.
Agreed... I'm personally hoping that the hacks aren't given out to anyone. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1