Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

D0GMEAT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to create the .szs file for the textured hacked Gear I was working on since yesterday. The thing is that the file is Freezing the game. I think it has something to do with the file size. When I convert it to .szs with yaz0enc, the file size is lower than the original file. I guess it's missing files, or I did something wrong while editing the .DDS file, or the conversion of DDS to GTX.

I used this tutorial to build the szs file, as well as converting DDS to GTX: https://gbatemp.net/threads/mario-kart-8-modding-central.425919/ <---Custom Textures Section, in Getting them to work.

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I managed to create the .szs file for the textured hacked Gear I was working on since yesterday. The thing is that the file is Freezing the game. I think it has something to do with the file size. When I convert it to .szs with yaz0enc, the file size is lower than the original file. I guess it's missing files, or I did something wrong while editing the .DDS file, or the conversion of DDS to GTX.

I used this tutorial to build the szs file, as well as converting DDS to GTX: https://gbatemp.net/threads/mario-kart-8-modding-central.425919/ <---Custom Textures Section, in Getting them to work.
Try AMDCompress, it generally works better than Paint.net, even if it's not in the tutorial. It was the only way for me to get it to work, everything else just gave me crashes.

D0GMEAT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try AMDCompress, it generally works better than Paint.net, even if it's not in the tutorial. It was the only way for me to get it to work, everything else just gave me crashes.

Ok! (I was using Paint.Net to edit the DDS.) Then... How do I edit images in AMDCompress?

D

Deleted User

g1ghfl.gif

laplacier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, I can confirm with MHFsilver that as long as you are not doing ridiculous things like modifying weapon stats or wearing unreleased gear you'll be okay. I've done everything from manually add Amiibo gear, max out my cash and snails, derank a level 50 S+99 account to level 10 C-0 with all gear and weapons intact (which is impossible btw but the server doesn't seem to care), and model swap and I'm still alive.

The people who got "banned for changing ink color" or "doing nothing but running TCPGecko online" are not telling the truth about how they got banned. There are videos of some of those people looming around of them flying across the map in online matches.

Last edited by laplacier,

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"employees who watch for tcpgecko-users.."
It was implied
Because they obviously couldn't put two and two together when seing inklings moonjump or have a inktank that reaches the sky... I did not say the hack is digitally visible to them...
Also the whole sentence was, what the average person calls a "joke"

- Quick and Dirty with TT -

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

MHFsilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because they obviously couldn't put two and two together when seing inklings moonjump or have a inktank that reaches the sky... I did not say the hack is digitally visible to them...
Also the whole sentence was, what the average person calls a "joke"

- Quick and Dirty with TT -

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ubsunkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I never thought that Nintendo would ban those who used ability, level, or rank hack. It doesn't give the hacker an advantage, but a boost. Almost like a head start, you aren't guaranteed a win. But with the hacks that changes weapon attributes, that's an instant win. The levels can be earned legitimately. And so are ranks. Gear abilities can also be earned legitimately. Some will say it's not fair because they have infinite of those, but it is still able to be achieved legitimately. Colorizer also, doesn't make since.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one