Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@paranormalCrystal

I just edited MapInfo.byaml, which contains information on all maps in the game (including some details on test maps not present in the retail copy!), and then replaced the original with cafiine. There's two particular tags/nodes called "Brightness" and "EnvHour". By default, Vss (multiplayer) maps have both set to "VS". Presumably, that signals the game to dynamically load the correct version of the map. Replacing "VS" with "Dark" (Brightness) and "Night" (EnvHour) forces the game to load in the Splatfest mode of the map. I tested both Turf Wars and Ranked online, it worked completely fine and I wasn't banned. I'm not sure if Ranked will behave properly on other mode and map combinations, however. There was one oddity I noticed while playing: I got the regular randomized battle BGM, but at the beginning the Splatfest match intro music played. If I was playing a Turf War match, the Splatfest last minute music would be played in the last minute.

Patching the file could be completely automated with a script (in fact, I have it partially automated already).

(Also, now that I think about it, we should experiment with some crazy combinations like Dark + Day and Bright + Night)
Where would one find MapInfo.byaml? I have a dump of the game, and I can't seem to find any files with the .byaml extension whatsoever. Are they stored within the .szs files?

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I managed to change my name to "fuck" I loaded splatoon and it worked! lol gg
Where would one find MapInfo.byaml? I have a dump of the game, and I can't seem to find any files with the .byaml extension whatsoever. Are they stored within the .szs files?
same

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

got it:

/Pack/Map/____.szs/____.byaml

-edit-
\Pack\Static\Mush\MapInfo.byaml

...nvm

Last edited by Duckling,

OatmealDome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Totally Tim MapInfo.byaml is located in vol/content/Pack/Static.pack/Mush. (Static.pack is simply a sarc archive.) Once extracted, you will need to get an editor for byaml or find an alternative. (I wrote a script based around MrRean's byml.py. I might release that later)

Reactions: Totally Tim

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, is it possible to have tcpgecko in my homebrew launcher? I have 5.5.1. If so, can I get a link to it?

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Duckling @OatmealDome Thanks for the info. Also, another question. What would be the best byaml program to use? I'm trying to use yamlconv.exe, but it crashes whenever I try to drag a byaml onto it. I'm probably doing something stupid, but I'm having an awful time figuring it out.

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I haven't done this yet, but am I the only one having troubles connecting to splatoon? or is it the server maintenance? I think I might of gotten banned when I changed my name to "fuck"

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
guessing it was the name
I didn't even play on the name though, I tried to log on with the name but I got an error code so I switched off the name and I still got it.

-edit-
I tried my unban code and it didn't work so it probably means that im banned and my unban code doesn't work or maintenance has taken over (unlikely since I can access miiverse and stuff... oh well..... :/)

Last edited by Duckling,

SpyKid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I haven't done this yet, but am I the only one having troubles connecting to splatoon? or is it the server maintenance? I think I might of gotten banned when I changed my name to "fuck"

Probably not because of the name. I'm having trouble to connect to Splatoon as well. But it's only Splatoon. Other Wii U games work fine.

SpyKid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyway, I think it's a maintenance. This is the error code I'm getting (I'm guessing you get it too?):

CiEaUVRW0AECEmT.jpg

MidnightDevilwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just asking but if I use the all gear py thing I have all the gear already will this just give op abilities to my existing gear? or will it get rid of the ones that I have most likely?

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyway, I think it's a maintenance. This is the error code I'm getting (I'm guessing you get it too?):

CiEaUVRW0AECEmT.jpg
Seems suspicious, but they seem to have that problem sometimes. Can you enter the lobby at all(as in "can you select things before this comes up")?

SpyKid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems suspicious, but they seem to have that problem sometimes. Can you enter the lobby at all(as in "can you select things before this comes up")?
I can't. But I can see the News of Callie and Marie. So that means I have an internet connection. If I wouldn't, the news won't show up.
But yeah, I'm definetly not the only one.

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't. But I can see the News of Callie and Marie. So that means I have an internet connection. If I wouldn't, the news won't show up.
But yeah, I'm definetly not the only one.
Oh, OK, because that's what happened when I got my temp ban. I was able to select things in the lobby, but I got a error message when I wanted to join a game.

SpyKid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok this is weird. Only on the one NNID I MAINLY USE this error code happens. Just went online on a different NNID I have on my console, and I don't get that error code there.

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@SpyKid I don't have the excel sheet with the real meaning of error codes on my notebook, but if y'all are still having this issue, I'll tell you what it means when I get home.
A real, permanent ban usually says "something something online services can't be used on this console", so I don't think that's the issue.

SpyKid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait, you said temp ban? Does that mean I am getting temporary banned here? What......
The only modification I ever used was the Splatoon Colorizer. And I thought that was safe to use, but if that error code really is a ban, then it isn't...
If that's the case, the first post needs to be edited with a warning for that!

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We had the suspicion some time ago that they're searching for the gecko handler at certain occasions, but we weren't able to prove it further, that's why I never mentioned it. Maybe that's really a thing now, I'll take a look at the RPX later.

Reactions: Totally Tim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Perpo @ Perpo: heyy does anybody knows a library where to find shader cache for ryujinx?