Gaming Splatoon is another Wii U budget game? Seems that way.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like Laudern suggested, via Miiverse private messaging or just a public Miiverse post.

Don't you mean 60 Euros?

People buying games in UK have better luck than those dealing with Euros because some European countries sell them at the same price as if it were in US, i.e, $59.99 = 59.99€ regardless of the actual price conversion. And even worse they sometimes have it being sold for 70€.. only 30€ away from hitting 100€. lol

I've just checked to make sure and Netherlands uses the Euro and the Dollar... Why the hell does Netherlands use two currencies? :mellow:

Anyway, I wish Portugal and Spain wouldn't have changed to use the Euro but it's done and what they've gotta use.
No, the Netherlands definitely only uses Euros. Anyone telling you otherwise is bullshitting.

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like Laudern suggested, via Miiverse private messaging or just a public Miiverse post.

Don't you mean 60 Euros?

People buying games in UK have better luck than those dealing with Euros because some European countries sell them at the same price as if it were in US, i.e, $59.99 = 59.99€ regardless of the actual price conversion. And even worse they sometimes have it being sold for 70€.. only 30€ away from hitting 100€. lol

I've just checked to make sure and Netherlands uses the Euro and the Dollar... Why the hell does Netherlands use two currencies? :mellow:

Anyway, I wish Portugal and Spain wouldn't have changed to use the Euro but it's done and what they've gotta use.
We only use the Euro, I try to avoid using specific currency. Most of the time USD:EUR conversion is 1:1, but then ofcourse you have the GBP ;)

There are several shops available for those in The Netherlands which offer full-price games for lower prices than the larger stores. It literally pays to look around.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Amazon Spain has Splatoon for 39,99€ which is more or less the budget price of Wii U games for Spain (and other European countries). Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush is 32€, though.

http://www.amazon.es/Nintendo-Splatoon/dp/B00KX9TVKI

Yesterday the UK retailer The Game Collection decreased their pre-order price from £27.95 to £24.95 (+/- $37) so they're now cheaper than GameSeek by 5p. :P

No, the Netherlands definitely only uses Euros. Anyone telling you otherwise is bullshitting.
Was just going by what Google searches came up with but good to have a confirmation that it only uses Euros as I expected. It'd be strange to use two currencies.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. The characters look cute as fuck, the concept of paint is adorable and they could easily mould a beautiful hilarious story involving the characters of splatoon into a 20hour campaign. That would be a shooting game done right and make a mockery of the shittiness of COD with the 8-10 hour single player runs.

However, I feel like they only save the good stories of disney-like quality for Zelda which is ashame in this case as a new IP could really have done with a bit more personality.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Good, then I don't have to hear some stupid 12 year old swear.
Good? This is a team-based game and even if you don't like voice chat you could just turn it off, like you know, it's possible in every other console that has it.

Nintendo's backward decisions are always supported by its loyalists. :-/

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that makes me nervous is the utter lack of content outside of online multiplayer. It does look like a great party game, though
Other than the octopus killing story I think there's a platforming mode. If there are also challenge stages or something like that then that's about as much single player content as, say, Smash Bros.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
And this is a bad thing....how?

If you're talking about it possibly being a budget game then the negative vibe is due to the likes of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars.

• Captain Toad - It stars losing its creativity and uniqueness after Episode 1 and they just recycle the same for Episodes 2-3.
  • Mario Party 10 - DLC Paywall, tedious, unimaginative, bland.
  • Rainbow Curse - This should've been a 3DS title because the entire game is focused on the GamePad.
  • Tipping Stars - It's a standard Mario Vs. Donkey Kong game but shouldn't have been released a home console, just like Rainbow Curse.
Splatoon's looking to be better than all these put together, thankfully.

Mario Maker while it'll also be a GamePad-game primarily it seems to have huge potential to have infinite levels and once those levels are ready to be played then the TV comes into play, as well as the Wii U Pro Controller for the traditional controller. The LBP of Nintendo, pretty much.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah people keep throwing this phrase "the LBP of Nintendo around" but from what I've seen of LBP... so so so so much more is possible in that game than Mario Maker. Or am I misunderstood and there actually is 3D level-creation in this mario maker?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah people keep throwing this phrase "the LBP of Nintendo around" but from what I've seen of LBP... so so so so much more is possible in that game than Mario Maker. Or am I misunderstood and there actually is 3D level-creation in this mario maker?

Mario Maker will offer the classic NES Mario (2D) and New Super Mario Bros. (2.5D) so even though it's not as good as LBP can be it's as close as it'll get.

It's a bit disappointing that Captain Toad wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it wasn't bad anyway.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Maker will offer the classic NES Mario (2D) and New Super Mario Bros. (2.5D) so even though it's not as good as LBP can be it's as close as it'll get.

It's a bit disappointing that Captain Toad wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it wasn't bad anyway.

Thanks for the clarification.

I can't help but feel the comparisons to LBP are just plain silly though. As it stands, LBP is in a class of its own and I can't think of Mario maker as much. Nintendo is capable of so much more in terms of level creation but they don't want to sell it to us and they don't have the online infrastructure to support it imo.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello