Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Kilometers Morales (or Miles, in the US) is back. Or something.
A year after the teaser comes a full trailer for Across the Spider-Verse.

The first one was fine. Will the second one be fine too?

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Supaidaman is watching

japanese-spiderman.gif

👀🕷:bortz:

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Miles Morales is latino?

What the fuck? Wasn't supposed to be afro-american?

EDIT: Son of Afro-american dad and Puertorican mom.

So, both? Literally.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Miles Gonzalo Morales, son of Rio Morales, has Latino heritage? Yeah it came as a shock to everyone.
To be fair, I haven't read any new Spiderman comics and I only knew about Morales 'till I saw Into the Spiderverse.

So, I honestly thought Morales was 100% afro-american since other than his uncle is mentioned in that film ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new trailer is certainly better than the first one especially since it was tiresome to keep hearing "Make sure you belong here and everyone accepts you." 'cause it didn't feel like she was talking about a Spider-Man movie.

New trailer's pretty good, but Spider People? Are we gonna start calling Humans as Peoplekind? Oh wait, Trudeau did that already.

Keep politics and race off of movies.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_77712 and Xzi

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
New trailer's pretty good, but Spider People? Are we gonna start calling Humans as Peoplekind? Oh wait, Trudeau did that already.
Well there's already Spider-Pig who is a pig and and Man-Spider who is a giant spider and Spiders-Man who is actually a thousand spiders in an overcoat so calling them "men" is incorrect no matter how you use the term.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there's already Spider-Pig who is a pig and and Man-Spider who is a giant spider and Spiders-Man who is actually a thousand spiders in an overcoat so calling them "men" is incorrect no matter how you use the term.
It does I agree, but Spider-Man is the original so it'll take some getting used to Spider People and whatever.

Anyway, I hope they make a game about this movie because I love the cell shaded graphics.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Miles Morales is latino?
"Morales" didn't give it away?

Keep politics and race off of movies.
Unless they're your politics and your race exclusively, right?

Spider-Man is getting better treatment by Disn-- Oh wait, it's Sony.
Complaining that Marvel IPs have progressive themes strewn throughout is like complaining that water is wet. The comics were almost always very progressive for their respective eras.

Reactions: RyRyIV and Kioku

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless they're your politics and your race exclusively, right?
No.

I'm just tired of fucking politics and making everything about race, I don't watch shows or movies to be shoved down with propaganda. That's why CNN, BBC, CBS, NBC, and FOX News exist.

Movies, shows, and games are meant to be enjoyable and an escape from real life's bullshit.

Reactions: Mike_77712

Votterbin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw it yesterday and honestly it was pretty good, but I feel like sometimes it leans into the references a little much. I know that's kind of a given when doing a multiverse movie like this but it really did just feel like, "hey do you remember this?"

As an example, there was a whole scene where Spot was in that shop in Venom talking to the lady, and later on they show TASM Peter mourning Uncle Ben. it just feels like they're going "hey don't forget that we made Venom and The Amazing Spider-Man, don't forget you wouldn't have this movie without those ones!"

The writing was pretty good for the most part and the animation was still just as good, but way more varied, than Into The Spider-Verse, so I'm looking forward to seeing Beyond next year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo