ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this: When it's raining, make a dump. Don't do anything then when it stops, make another dump. Diff the dumps, filter out unknown changes then try to change them.
that would most likely affect the current weather, not the following days.
If anyone feels like finding all the incorrect river flowing things, I'll fix them.
Would anyone be interested in contributing to a rom hack of this game?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If anyone feels like finding all the incorrect river flowing things, I'll fix them.
Yeah. But then again, unless the entire savedata is loaded to RAM, it could very well be stored in permanent storage (savedata).
It could even be generated by some algorithm based on fixed data.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
A rom hack?

Like a "scan the QR code for max bells, medals, PWPS, villager friendships etc." ?

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
can someone do me a favor? i updated, meh. i heard that you can add bottomless baskets of perfect fruit with the editor. it has zero for the amount but you can take 1 out of it anytime. so, can someone please put the fruit baskets in their island storage box and come to my town and give them to me at my island? i would really appreciate it :) my friend code is 2320-6745-2015

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone do me a favor? i updated, meh. i heard that you can add bottomless baskets of perfect fruit with the editor. it has zero for the amount but you can take 1 out of it anytime. so, can someone please put the fruit baskets in their island storage box and come to my town and give them to me at my island? i would really appreciate it :) my friend code is 2320-6745-2015

I can, but may I ask why you want me to put them in my storage bin? I could just bring them over in my inv

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you modify the game's code itself?
A lot could be added if you could.
It should just be a matter of ASM hacking. The hardest part of that is finding where the code is. I'd imagine that the amount of villagers is coded in as a constant in multiple cases. Anyways, I might make a thread for this in the coming days so that it doesn't derail this thread

ayyllmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should just be a matter of ASM hacking. The hardest part of that is finding where the code is. I'd imagine that the amount of villagers is coded in as a constant in multiple cases. Anyways, I might make a thread for this in the coming days so that it doesn't derail this thread
If you ever get to the point where you can add new villagers, could you please add Claude the lazy rabbit? He's my favourite from the GCN version. He looks more like a smug villager but meh.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever get to the point where you can add new villagers, could you please add Claude the lazy rabbit? He's my favourite from the GCN version. He looks more like a smug villager but meh.
That's actually one of the top 3 I want to add, the other two being chuck and Iggy. Probably not something I can do all myself, but i'd want to add all villagers from previous games

Reactions: Cey

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll take that as a no then.

Strange, I thought that changing your mainstreet shops would be fairly simple

Jinglefruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just incase anyone missed, my editor auto-generates borders now. It also shows the direction water flows (which may have 1 or two wrong tiles). It seems that a crash can be possible if water doesnt flow correctly, but I'm not 100% sure

Well that was well timed, I've spent the last week finding out of town acres to fix my borders with hex. xD
And I've had water flowing every which way and not had any issues with it.

How'd you manage to get 4 bridges? I thought the max was 3 and if you went over that, it crashes?

I don't know about sorting them with leaftools, but changing other pwp into bridges with hex allows you to have as many as you like. I had a town with 8 for a while. :P But not all of them show up on the map, and there's a limit to how many things the map can load before it crashes. So you have to start getting rid of villagers/buildings to keep adding them after a while.

Has anybody figured out how to upgrade your mainstreet shops yet?

I know it was being looked into, but I don't know if anyones gotten anywhere with it. I think it's one of those things that resets when the date changes. S:

A rom hack, as in more than 333 villagers, cliffs in towns (like the GCN version) different music (I already have the GCN hourly music working) etc.

Now this is what I've been waiting for! I want to create my own villagers like the CF days, and make some of the villagers I don't like a bit more pleasing to look at. And maybe some unique furniture recolours. :P I wasn't aware anyone was close to being able to rom hack yet. o:

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I wonder what would happen if you add a new villager on your rom and someone with an unmodified rom come to your town... His game will crash or load a default model, I don't know... I remember ACCF (ACLGTTC) hacked DLCs, maybe it works the same on ACNL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk