Hacking Source Unverified: SuperCard Team is developing DSTwo+

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
One of the mod in Supercard's chinese forum has already confirmed that the new "DSTwo+" will only support 4.1 to 4.5 when out. Expected date of release seems to be before Chinese New Year. Quite a pity that it seems if you are on other firmwares, Gateway and 3ky seem to be the only choice now.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so at this point looks like a gateway clone
More likely just a copycat rather than direct clone, personally as long as they do their own coding, at least it's genuine competition rather than cloning, that being said.... They are kinda late to the party imo, I doubt there is that many 4.x owners still looking for a flashcard.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One of the mod in Supercard's chinese forum has already confirmed that the new "DSTwo+" will only support 4.1 to 4.5 when out. Expected date of release seems to be before Chinese New Year. Quite a pity that it seems if you are on other firmwares, Gateway and 3ky seem to be the only choice now.
If the new 9.2 update does have kernel access, why not develop for that range instead of 4.5 only?
Perhaps there are missing features on Gateway's new 9.2 update.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Who would buy a DSTwo+ if it supports 4.1 to 4.5 firmware 3DS only?

If it has more features than Gateway offers, then I would have thought those who are on 4.1-4.5 now with a Gateway who are interested in the extra features that they offer.

That is assuming though that the SuperCard DSTwo+ will offer more features...if not, it is hard to imagine how a single card would be sold as has been previously mentioned, the people with a 3DS on 4.1-4.5 with no flashcard is very low.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Who would buy a DSTwo+ if it supports 4.1 to 4.5 firmware 3DS only?

It is basically a 2 in 1 card. With support for DS + 3DS games. So if you're tired of swapping cards on Gateway, this might be a good choice.
Anyway, if Supercard's planned release date is really next Feb, then there's a chance they could pick up a few tricks from Gateway's release (if it's really as soon as they say).

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the new 9.2 update does have kernel access, why not develop for that range instead of 4.5 only?
Perhaps there are missing features on Gateway's new 9.2 update.

Develop for 4.5, get all features ready and get a card out. Get the name and brand out there.

Wait for Gateway to release and steal their exploit.

beloumi7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is basically a 2 in 1 card. With support for DS + 3DS games. So if you're tired of swapping cards on Gateway, this might be a good choice.

Hahaha so you think someone would pay another 70$ just coz he's tired of swapping cards? lol? If that was even a problem, people with original cartridges would suicide then :P

D

Deleted User

Develop for 4.5, get all features ready and get a card out. Get the name and brand out there.

Wait for Gateway to release and steal their exploit.

I really hope Supercard does their own work / development, I really do. But if they just steal from Gateway again then you are left with only one party developing the actual features and other parties copying them. That's not competition, that's a sales drain for Gateway which could make them close shop (and all other cards going on full 3ds stop).

In that case it all looks like SuperCard wants to make a quick shameless buck on the 3ds market

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Won't be much of a sales drain once GWs 9.x support drops, will give them a much larger market than Supercard can reach limited to 4.x.

D

Deleted User

Won't be much of a sales drain once GWs 9.x support drops, will give them a much larger market than Supercard can reach limited to 4.x.

This 9.x exploit will probably be reverse engineered within weeks and maybe one month later we will see MT card / R4i / etc with support for 9.x too.
So all things considered, Gateway spends all the effort and "only" gets a monopoly for one month out of it. Then all the other cards will play catch up and have the same features.

It's a weird business model to say the least, and it's all based on reputation I suppose

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah ill admit i kinda used to be like "whatever's cheapest" back with NDS card's....but now actually seeing first hand all the copying and cloning etc with only 1 team actually putting any effort in to making the stuff, i can understand why things are getting more aggressive with brick code stuff.......but i doubt the majority of people give a crap.....cant blame them as i said i used to do the whole "meh, but they are cheaper" so i can hardly take the moral high horse with people, but i do think if people shunned cloners and stuff we would end up with safer and cheaper products with less wait on features as the real devs have to spend months figuring out ways to stop the cloners rather than being able to focus on actual development

Reactions: MrJason005

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo can release their 3DS cart and Gateway still have no support for 9.0-9.2
If you're already whining about the wait for Gateway 9.x support, you'll have ripped your hair out during the wait for the DSTwo+. Impatient people are impatient no matter what they're waiting for. Gateway 9.x support will be out well before the DSTwo+. This thing was just announced and we have zero details, after all.

Reactions: gamesquest1

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hahaha so you think someone would pay another 70$ just coz he's tired of swapping cards? lol? If that was even a problem, people with original cartridges would suicide then :P

I wouldn't mind actually. I would buy one if they release it with upgraded support for fw9.2 and don't cost as much as a Sky3ds. It really depends on how much you still want to play with your old NDS/GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol