CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Anyways, back on topic... @CrimsonMaple have you tried loading AGB/TWL FIRM instead of a regular NFIRM? If all you want is to get something "up and running quickly", you should give it a shot. As in, have a mode that only boots regular reboot titles (Smash, MH4U, etc), one that boots AGB titles and one that boots TWL titles. Saying that it'd be "dirty" is a massive understatement, but you can build up from that idea.
Little bit more complex than that. ^^. I would rather patch them all on boot. My issue right now is figuring out how I get an additional firm to boot outside of Nfirm. If @TuxSH could give me a run down that would be great! If not well I'll just keep at it on my own.

Last edited by CrimsonMaple, , Reason: f**kin typos.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Little bit more complex than that. ^^. I would rather patch them all on boot.My issue right now is fuguing out how I get an additional firm to boot outside of Nfirm. If @TuxSH could give me a run down that would be great! If not well I'll just keep at it on my own.
good luck getting that with reinand as it does not read the firm from ctrnand but from sd lol
so you'd need a firmware_agb and a firmware_twl on the sd
i think that makes it quite clear enough

see, that's what happens when you're copy pasting: you don't understand what you're doing. :)

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
good luck getting that with reinand as it does not read the firm from ctrnand but from sd lol
so you'd need a firmware_agb and a firmware_twl on the sd
i think that makes it quite clear enough
I know that lol. I am patching firms from the SD. I just need to know where to throw them in the FCRAM and how to get them to be loaded by ReiNand.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
@CrimsonMaple literally all you need to do is replace the "sdmc:/rei/rebootFirmware.bin" file (not the path, the file itself) with an agb/twl firmware and test that out... not sure if it'd work tbh but its worth a shot

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
@CrimsonMaple literally all you need to do is replace the "sdmc:/rei/rebootFirmware.bin" file (not the path, the file itself) with an agb/twl firmware and test that out... not sure if it'd work tbh but its worth a shot
Oh shit. That brings up a good point. I need dedicated reboot assemblies. Thanks for reminding me ^^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you don't know that then i can't help you lmao i can't help for such simple things as these
That's fine lol. I'll figure it out. Thanks anyways!

Reactions: Straximus

nahimgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Btw, does anyone still use ninjhax, mset, menuhax etc? like getting rid of it would be lighten the load, but idk. I like to give options and it looks like luma forces a9lh
wat
upload_2017-1-22_22-40-14.png

upload_2017-1-22_22-41-58.png

Last edited by nahimgood,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
@Reisyukaku
Actually, I think that is safe to drop mset support since nowadays is quite simple to update to 9.0~9.2 to use menuhax and to install a9lh/k9lh. I think ninjhax can be usefull though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.