Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
wow, what a big leap :-)
anyway, what if i want to play gba games...
my priority is Play it on emunand?

do i still need to use the agb_firm patch?
-not needed enymore
-on sysnand only
-or emunand can handle it alone
-or it should be patched on both emu and sysnand if i want to make GBA games work in emunand?

where do i need to install the GBAtitle.cia?
-on sysnand only
-or emunand can handle it alone
-or it should be installed on both emunand and sysnand if i want to make GBAtitle.cia work in emunand?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated Reinand with the latest files so i can enter Sysnand. Everything is working but i separated sysnand from emunand, and my sysnand doesn't have a cia installer. I'm relying on the mset exploit and i don't have any way to enter the homebrew channel in sysnand (i can only enter it in emunand with my cubic ninja cia). Is there any way to get fbi in my sysnand, copying files on the sd card maybe?

No, the only way to install a Title manager to your Sysnand again is to use FBI in the Homebrew Menu with Sigs patched, or if you own a Gateway cart you can boot into Gateway Sysnand and install a Title manager using the .3ds version of the title manager from the Gateway Red.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
just posting to inform that everything is working fine on n3ds 9.0, mset and boot. my boot rate is 90%

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I revert the mset back to stock? I want to do a sysnand restore, but I hear that formatting the sysnand or doing a restore can brick the device if the mset exploit are still in place. Is it as easy as putting an NDS cart in, since I need to rerun the exploit after I use a NDS cart?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I revert the mset back to stock? I want to do a sysnand restore, but I hear that formatting the sysnand or doing a restore can brick the device if the mset exploit are still in place. Is it as easy as putting an NDS cart in, since I need to rerun the exploit after I use a NDS cart?

Formatting the Sysnand will not brick the device.
If you want to restore your N3DS to stock 9.0/9.2, you'll have to flash your NAND.BIN backup you made originally (before installing the Mset). *Whenever you're writing to the Nand, there's a chance of brick, so be mindful of that.*

Not sure why you'd want to, but there ya go. :P

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
It should be possible to install the cia for the MSET app from the upgrade packs at that iso site to go back to the "old" new mset? ;-) the problem is that people installed the MSET on 2DS and when the setup after a format told them to enable 3d using the 3d switch.... well, the 2DS does not have so much 3D ;-)

Reactions: Zidapi

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting the Sysnand will not brick the device.
If you want to restore your N3DS to stock 9.0/9.2, you'll have to flash your NAND.BIN backup you made originally (before installing the Mset). *Whenever you're writing to the Nand, there's a chance of brick, so be mindful of that.*

Not sure why you'd want to, but there ya go. :P

I was just playing with Reinand until gateway arrived in the post. Now I just want to start fresh and see what gateway is like. So you're saying I can just format the sysnand and format the SD card and all will be back to normal?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just playing with Reinand until gateway arrived in the post. Now I just want to start fresh and see what gateway is like. So you're saying I can just format the sysnand and format the SD card and all will be back to normal?

If you installed the Bluecardfix.cia you can use the NDS flashcart + Gateways ROPLoader.
Or you can use FBI to install gateways ROP.

Gateway and Reinand use the same Emunand, so you can freely swap between ROPs for profile launches.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed the Bluecardfix.cia you can use the NDS flashcart + Gateways ROPLoader.
Or you can use FBI to install gateways ROP.

Gateway and Reinand use the same Emunand, so you can freely swap between ROPs for profile launches.

Weird, I did this (following a tutorial for installing ReiNand from scratch) and while the ROPLoader SAYS it swapped to the ReiNand one, going to the DS Profile causes the system to crash and reboot (standard software crash/reboot error message).

Trying to reinstall the GW one now and it seems to have hung.. dammit

Edit:

Dammit I derped >_> when I installed the bluecardfix.cia i was in emunand not sysnand lol

Though it is odd that the blue card worked at all in ANY aspect without the bluecardfix.cia installed to sysnand.

Edit again:

nope still doesn't work...

Last edited by Aroth,

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I did this (following a tutorial for installing ReiNand from scratch) and while the ROPLoader SAYS it swapped to the ReiNand one, going to the DS Profile causes the system to crash and reboot (standard software crash/reboot error message).

Trying to reinstall the GW one now and it seems to have hung.. dammit

Edit:

Dammit I derped >_> when I installed the bluecardfix.cia i was in emunand not sysnand lol

Though it is odd that the blue card worked at all in ANY aspect without the bluecardfix.cia installed to sysnand.

Install it to Sysnand and give it another shot. xD

Edit: The only time i've ever been able to get a crash / reboot message after installing ROP is after installing the wrong ROP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share