Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No older version of reiNAND a let you choose to boot into sysNAND did it?

Maybe if you didn't have an emuNAND setup it'd boot into a sig-check-patched-firmlaunch-enabled sysNAND, but i don't remember that being the case.
If emuNAND wasn't set up, it would boot into sysNAND.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this work on old 3ds and on what firmware version does it work? 9.2?
There are old3DS compatible builds floating around, but it's officially been dropped and is no longer supported by @Reisyukaku. The primary reason for this is that there are better alternatives out there. ReiNAND is now a new3DS exclusive CFW.

User by the name of Tony told me this works on sysnand 9.9? That's not right is it?
Yeah, it only works on 9.2 and lower I'm afraid.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aw, too bad. This thread got me stoked that I could autoboot emunand. Thanks mate.
Wait, do you mean boot directly to emuNAND when powering on your 3DS?

In that case; No. Not now, nor any time soon, if ever.

That would require a bootrom exploit, and that's not likely to happen without a monumental fuck up on Nintendo's part. It's not impossible, but it's highly improbable.

Reactions: Ronhero

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

That would require a bootrom exploit, and that's not likely to happen without a monumental fuck up on Nintendo's part. It's not impossible, but it's highly improbable.

Cough psp cough

Reactions: usernametaken

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shows how much I know! :P

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cough psp cough
I don't really understand the point of your post (context/tone), if you could clarify that'd be awesome. Until then, I'm just going to make assumptions.

If your meaning was "well the PSP had CFW launching at boot", then I guess that's my point, we've all been spoiled by the PSP scene.
Many years have passed since the PSP was first hacked to load a CFW at boot, and all three gaming hardware manufacturers have learnt lessons from it.
I think the days of hacking consoles during their boot sequence are behind us. Don't get me wrong, bootrom exploits can, and will continue to be found. It's just highly unlikely we'll see one during console's "active" lifetime (while the platform's hardware/software is still being produced).

If however, you read my post as "there has never been a console with a hacked bootrom and there never will be!!1" and your response was "well, actually Sir...", then my post has been misinterpreted.

Last edited by Zidapi,
Reactions: Wintice

PSxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just updated Reinand with the latest files so i can enter Sysnand. Everything is working but i separated sysnand from emunand, and my sysnand doesn't have a cia installer. I'm relying on the mset exploit and i don't have any way to enter the homebrew channel in sysnand (i can only enter it in emunand with my cubic ninja cia). Is there any way to get fbi in my sysnand, copying files on the sd card maybe?

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to re-enable firmlaunch in sysNAND?
how did you boot to sysnand without firmlaunch without using rxtools devmode or pasta cfw?
it is possible now on reinand?

i heard about sysnand boot on reinand while holding B then pressing start...
so with that method it is a fw without firmlaunch? am i right... something like rxtools devmode or pasta cfw?

Last edited by noctis90210,

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did you boot to sysnand without firmlaunch without using rxtools devmode or pasta cfw?
it is possible now on reinand?

i heard about sysnand boot on reinand while holding B then pressing start...
so with that method it is a fw without firmlaunch? am i right... something like rxtools devmode or pasta cfw?
With the latest version of reiNAND, anytime I boot into sysNAND, I can't play games that require a firmware version that is greater than my sysNAND firmware version.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for being a noob, but theres 2 types of sysNAND:
a. sysNAND with firmlaunch (eg. gw sysnand, rxtools sysnand)
b. sysNANd without firmlaunch (e.g pasta cfw, rxtools devmenu)

so in which category sysNANd of ReiNAND belongs to?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sorry for being a noob, but theres 2 types of sysNAND:
a. sysNAND with firmlaunch (eg. gw sysnand, rxtools sysnand)
b. sysNANd without firmlaunch (e.g pasta cfw, rxtools devmenu)

so in which category sysNANd of ReiNAND belongs to?

ReiNAND 2.1 is using firm0 on sysNAND, which is safe for using sysupdater (according to @Reisyukaku) So (b).

Reactions: noctis90210

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Has anyone posted a "Companies after Pride Month" meme yet