Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed a lot of people have hbl as boot.3dsx in the cfg. So I assume you've edited the menuhax payload instead of the hblauncher payload like I do. I wonder if that affects the boot rate.

Yes it's a really weird thing mate, I had changed the original to nhax.3dsx (to use the original boot for the cia version), i was using it and had a 100% boot rate with it

But did a completely fresh install this morning, new emuNAND, everything clean, same boot config and boot rate was like 1 in 5 lol

Made some changes now and seems a bit better though

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 100% boot rate since I boot directly on ReiNand.3dsx with menuhax.

What did you use to edit the menuhax payload ?

I used HXD to change boot.3dsx to nhax.3dsx when i attempted to change it to a longer name like yours (ReiNand.3dsx) it warned me about changing the values to a bigger value

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I used HXD to change boot.3dsx to nhax.3dsx when i attempted to change it to a longer name like yours (ReiNand.3dsx) it warned me about changing the values to a bigger value

You'll break the payload if you do that, it has to be 4 characters (boot, nhax, emun, etc).

Reactions: peteruk

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
This is great thanks daztsu, i will wait for @Reisyukaku to officially implement it though

Awesome that yourself and others are trying these things out
I was talking about it on skype the other day, but i probably wont implement it any time soon due to the psudo-ASLR that has been implemented on system apps. This would screw up a bunch of stuff.. mainly the arm9 thread :T

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was talking about it on skype the other day, but i probably wont implement it any time soon due to the psudo-ASLR that has been implemented on system apps. This would screw up a bunch of stuff.. mainly the arm9 thread :T

psudo-ASLR sounds very impressive, i have no idea what it is, but in you i trust :bow:

Reactions: Supster131

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Do you think it'd be feasible in the future to add some sort of code that can find that stuff on the fly so a recompile isn't needed every time? I'm not requesting it, just asking for your opinion.

sgtPembry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I renamed it "reib.3dsx". Like @daxtsu said, you cannot exceed 4 characters.
I use Hex Fiend. Could be useful for Mac users. ;)

Danny[DEC]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi dudes!

Yesterday i updated ReiNAND to 3.1 and EmuNAND 10.4. Now, when im trying to update any game from eShop im getting "Error: 005-8034"... What's happening? D:

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does ntr plugins work with a reinand emunand on 10.4
Yep! They seem to play nicely with each other to most the time. Every once in a while I have to reinstall NTR but I think that's typical all around. Paper Jam Xenoblade Chronicles plugins work great but MHX does not.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Heh, nice. I got the 10.4 FIRM/kernel to boot in Reinand (mostly thanks to Cakes, since they had the offsets handy, minus the ARM9 thread, so I left that out). It has no practical use right now, but eh. I'm going to keep pushing for higher kernels (note that that doesn't mean I'm going to bug you Rei :P) as long as we can until Nintendo blocks us. The only downside is NTR doesn't like it. Guess it needs another update.

Edit: For those who want to join the fun, know how to compile, and get their own firmware.bin files: https://github.com/thedax/ReiNand/commit/77739c867470f5ff8a0c701e30c977df1fa53f03
Hmm. Getting black screen freeze after the logo. Compiled fine, using 10.4 N3DS firm. Will delete folder and try again.

Edit: Yep no luck. Black screen even with launching via CTR/HBL. Using 10.4 N3DS firm and no errors during compile.
Same. It compiled fine but I get black screen after the splashscreen. I have tried many times. I got the right firmware.bin from that iso site.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably best to just let my code die then. It worked for me, but eh, we don't really need the 10.4 kernel right now.

Edit: It only really provides one thing: no NTR access. :P

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Sweet , Rei runs beautifully on my n3ds along with my updated gw emuNAND 10.4 cheers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Probably best to just let my code die then. It worked for me, but eh, we don't really need the 10.4 kernel right now.

Edit: It only really provides one thing: no NTR access. :P

i wish i could get NTR working, only for CPU plugin.. :/ i cant get it to work anymore ( was trying with both GW emuNAND and it now doesnt work on CFW for me either , wish there was some separate cia specifically for CPU)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i wish i could get NTR working, only for CPU plugin.. :/ i cant get it to work anymore ( was trying with both GW emuNAND and it now doesnt work on CFW for me either , wish there was some separate cia specifically for CPU)

NTR's boot rate is kind of poor for some people, all you can do is try a few times, and if you don't have any luck, reboot the console entirely. But if you're using Aurora Wright's build, compiled my code, or are somehow otherwise using the 10.4 kernel/FIRM, then it won't work no matter what you do, but I doubt that's your situation.

Edit: On second thought, Gateway might be using the 10.4 kernel since they released an update yesterday. The Gateway CFW tends to use the latest kernel. @leonmagnus99, can you install and run FreeMultiPatcher 0.6 beta 3 and tell us what "kernel:" says on the top screen while in Gateway mode?

Last edited by daxtsu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: whats going on